PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #1  

Default New and Confused

Hello....well I have alot of the symptoms of pcos except for the irregular periods. I have not missed a period in a long time but they are heavy and sometimes painful. I am experincing sore breast, a milky discharge, and back pain way before my period is to come but there is no way I could be pregnant since I have NOT missed a period and the HPT is negative. So I came across PCOS and it all sounds like I really need to look into this. Look ive always been a hairy overweight, moody but not *****y, just sensitive female but for the past 2 yrs I have noticed lots more facial hair. I have been getting alot of acne lately but I am also under alot of stress right now. I try not to let my problems get me stressed but the body feels it. I am 30 single mother unemployed, uninsured, and I know that going to the doctor is so very obvious but right now I am just researching....and hoping to get insight from you guys . .
missx555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #2  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I have PCOS, but I do not have irregular periods. I haven't missed one in about 2 years now. I suggest really going to the doctor for a blood test. It's the only way to find out if you're pregnant or not and if you have PCOS...
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Definitely go for a medical diagnosis as soon as you can.

I'm pretty old (70) and now know that having PCOS undiagnosed way back then was the cause of a lot of my problems getting preggers and my ongoing battle with weight. Medical science has certainly improved since then.

Keep in touch.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #4  
WW Moderator

Yes please check it out. Your symptoms should not be ignored, especially since you are a single mom. Do you ever get bloodwork done for blood glucose? If you have PCOS, you are at a higher risk for Diabetes. You can get that screened at health fairs for probably less than $20. At minimum, that should be checked. And if you can get an OB to do an ultrasound of your ovaries, that should also be checked. I don't have insurance either, and I've found that most doctor's go ahead and give the 'insured' rate to me. (what they would have accepted as payment from an insurance company.)

At least if you can be diagnosed with PCOS, then you have a starting point. And if it's not that, hopefully they can find an easy answer for your discharge. That can be a simple glandular problem, or something more serious that needs attention.

Good luck, and let us know how it worked out for you!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote