PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:45 PM   #1  
Keep on Swimming!

S/C/G: 293/See Ticker/Healthy

Height: 5'6"

Default New to the subforum

Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to introduce myself and tell everyone a little but about me.

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 3-4 years ago but never really took it seriously until recently. I feel so embarrassed when I say this but I am still learning what it is and don't fully understand it.

I saw my Dr recently and has me on a mixture of Metformin/Microgestin/Zoloft. The Zoloft is for my depression. What can I say about Metformin but OMG, I have never spent so much time in the bathroom in my entire life.

I have always been overweight but I usually stayed between 180-190. My highest weight within the last 7 years was almost 300lbs. I did not know that PCOS makes you gain weight.

Anyways, I am so glad that this forum is here. Anyone with any info they would like to share with me about PCOS would be greatly appreciated!

<3 Angela
Nursie2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:39 AM   #2  
Call me Finki =)

S/C/G: 400/300/155

METFORMIN!!! I could NOT handle it either. My Doc said after 3-4 months, your body should be used to it. Mine not so much. I had to switch to Avandia and since that is no longer available I now take Actos, which has worked well for me and my "bathroom" time. I found awesome help and learning tools on this site when I was diagnosed with PCOS 15 years ago. Check it out and I hope it helps you as it has me.
http://www.soulcysters.com/

Last edited by Gelene; 12-28-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Gelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #3  
Keep on Swimming!

S/C/G: 293/See Ticker/Healthy

Thank you Gelene. I will check out the website.

I have never heard of Actos. I'm really glad it's working for you. On my next appt I am going to talk to my Dr about the metformin. He put me on 2000mg a day. Not fun.
Nursie2b is offline   Reply With Quote