PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/see bar/150

Height: 5"6

Default TTC & BCPs

So I've been going to my doctor for PCOS/Infertility, and overall I'm very happy with him. But today he prescribed me a BCP, Loestrin® 24 Fe for just one month. I voiced concern that going on a pill may make me have to wait awhile to become fertile again, and he didn't seem to think it would be a problem. I've been going over their website trying to find out how long after stopping one should wait before getting pregnant, and I can't seem to find anything.

I don't want to take this pill just so he can pocket some money for prescribing it. My hormones are on enough of a roller coaster thank you!

So any anyone advise me or alive my fears of that?
mistypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #2  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

A bcp might sort of jump start your hormones into ovulation. 2 or 3 months (or 1, as per your doc) on bcp then stop then ovulate then (best case scenario, of course)

good luck!!

Last edited by kittycat40; 11-24-2009 at 07:43 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/see bar/150

Height: 5"6

Thank you for alleviating my fears and giving me more ideas on how this works! I was just worried and stuff, but now I'm more excited and optimistic.
mistypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #4  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

TTC is exciting and optomistic. Happy Thanksgiving
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

You can get pregnant immediately after stopping birth control. That's probably why he prescribed it to you.

My mom's doctor told her (back in the day) that it would take a year to get pregnant... she was pregnant with me 2 weeks after that conversation

Really, it is perfectly safe to become pregnant immediately after stopping birth control. I've read that for women with PCOS, this can work to their advantage.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote