PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:56 PM   #1  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Default Pcos September Wl Support

Hello and Welcome All to the PCOS WL Support September 2009 Thread!

This thread is about PCOS and Weight Loss Support. If you have PCOS, or think you might, or know anybody that might have it, or your just curious or you just think we are totally awesome, so you just wanna chat with us, please join us!

Losing weight with PCOS is like trying to rollerskate up an icy hill. With all the wonderful lovely side effects, extra facial and body hair, skin tags, dark skin patches, weight gain, etc, etc, etc.........

Everybody is whether you are trying to conceive or not!

Some come on in, get a cupa whatever and join us in a chat.
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #2  
HE'S my motivation!

I know I know .. I am in and out all the time but I still come in and depend on the WL support group every month to give me that kick in the butt to get going.

I hope everyone is doing well...

I am with you Sassy. I have fell off the wagon and it ran me over ooooh about a million and one times but I still manage to keep my weight down and want to keep going.

I hope more people join for September. I miss everyone!!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hi Nico.

Yeah I Need to climb back on the wagon. But its so hard once you fall off and have been off for a while! lol. For some reason though I have been losing weight. I dunno how. But my jeans I wore on Labor Day to work (we can wear them on holidays) they were loose and not just a little, but quite a bit. I looked like one of those teens that have their underwear hanging out and their jeans pulled down? Except you couldn't see my underwear because of my shirt and they weren't pulled down to my knees! lol. But I am thinking I am down at least one size!!!!! Now the question is, did I keep my old jeans and if so, where in the **** are they???!!! lol! But I do need to eat "Smarter" and exercise!

At least my AF has been coming every month on time, like clockwork! Still no baby yet, but we are still trying, the natural way. lol. I still need to find a new fertility dr. to go too, but what would be a greater bday present than to find out I am pregnant! Or even Christmas, I'll take Christmas! lolllllllll. I dunno my clock is ticking away here, esp since I turn another year older this month, so I need to get the move on.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 09-08-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #4  
HE'S my motivation!

I hope you get preggo soon!!! That would be so cool :-D I am here at home giving myself before I go to work. Aunt flo is here and so is her rage of bad cramps. Mine are so bad that I literally throw up. It just feels better to get everything out I guess. I threw up yesterday at work and just kept going. But this morning I felt sooo lifeless & tons of pain.

Anyways, I can't wait for TBL to start next week. I miss that motivation show :-)

Nothing really to report on my end. Hope you all have a wonderful day. I will check in later now that I have my phone and this website working together lol
Old 09-11-2009, 04:29 AM   #5  
~Believe~

Thanks Nico.

I just found out that my 17 yr old cousin may be pregnant. Why is it all these young girls get pregnant and others struggle for soooooooooo long and so hard to get pregnant? I know that is just life and all, but just doesn't make much sense to me.

Oh well i hope your cramps go away. I know those suck! The bad part is if AF comes on time this month, I will be on my period on m birthday. YUCK. Well hopefully by then it should be "wrapping up".

Big
Old 09-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #6  

Sassy,

I know just how you feel. I work at a Children's Hospital and see everyday people with children who truly shouldn't have them. It is very difficult to see people have children who don't appreciate them and can't provide for them in any way. People have to take a test to drive, I think they should have to take a test to have kids!
KellyBelly28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #7  
HE'S my motivation!

Oh I know what you mean. Someone I grew up with just had a baby too and both parents do not work (Or I think he sells drugs for money last time I talked to her) and she just stays at home and does NOTHING for the family she lives with now. Why? Why was she blessed with a child when she can't even act like an adult and taks lak dis all da tyme? Ugh!!!!

So, I finally decided what I am going to do when I "grow up" LOL I was going to go to school to be a DVM but I decided to be a N.P (Nurse Practitioner) who specializes in PCOS. How does that sound? I think it would be awesome to help women out there who have this crazy thing and can relate.

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 09-11-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #8  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoyaangel View Post
So, I finally decided what I am going to do when I "grow up" LOL I was going to go to school to be a DVM but I decided to be a N.P (Nurse Practitioner) who specializes in PCOS. How does that sound? I think it would be awesome to help women out there who have this crazy thing and can relate.
That's excellent! My current PA (Physician's Assistant) is SOOOOO much more knowledgeable about PCOS than any of my previous doctors, including my endo! I think we need more healthcare professionals who really KNOW about PCOS and its treatments.

Hi, I'm Eumie, and I'm just inserting myself in this convo! Heh.
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #9  

Nico...I think that's great! I'm an RD that works with kids/teens who have insulin resistance, type 2 DM, and PCOS. I think having the condition myself helps me relate to them so much more. I probably know more about PCOS than the NP's and MD's that I work with!

Eumie...I agree with you. There is so much about PCOS that doc's don't know. I have recently found an endo who is amazing...but I had 3 endocrinologists prior to that who were awful and got nowhere with me in 3 years of treatment.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #10  
HE'S my motivation!

Hi Eumie Hi Kelly - I just hope I don't have to be an OBGYN in order to specialize in PCOS because I really don't want to do that. I would love to work with a variety of patients and also help women with PCOS. I don't have to be an OB/GYN, right?! :-/

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 09-12-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #11  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoyaangel View Post
Hi Eumie Hi Kelly - I just hope I don't have to be an OBGYN in order to specialize in PCOS because I really don't want to do that. I would love to work with a variety of patients and also help women with PCOS. I don't have to be an OB/GYN, right?! :-/
My PA is a general practitioner, so I don't think you'd have to go OBGYN.
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #12  

I don't think you would have to be obgyn...I think you would just be an Family NP and specialize in PCOS. We have NPs in endo, but not sure about just PCOS... Are you wanting to see them on the endo side or the baby making side?
Old 09-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #13  
HE'S my motivation!

HMmmmm never really thought about that. This is what I want - I want to be an NP and work wirh men & women but also have that extra knowledge of PCOS so when women come to me with this I know how to help. What's that called?! LOL
Old 09-13-2009, 03:12 AM   #14  
~Believe~

Hi Everybody. Glad to "see" you all!

Kelly -- My DH works at a Childrens Hospital as well. It is sad to see so many children who just do not have supportive parents when there is so many people who cannot have children. Very Sad.

Nico -- I think that is wonderful what u want to do. I think you can be a NP who specializes in PCOS, don't see why not? I think that would be great. Because we all know that it would have been awesome if there was someone who could talk to us EARLY on about PCOS and so we didn't think we were complete idiots for all the symptoms we suffered and still suffer through. I just wish I would have been told when I was a teenager, when I began having all these stupid problems, so I think that would be a great idea because then if you see a young girl who displays all the signs of PCOS, then maybe you can help her get treatment early so that she doesn't have to suffer so much as an adult? Make sense? So you go girl! I would love to be someone who "gives back" to women with PCOS because I know how "Lonely" it can feel. Esp when you are surrounded by people who are "Normal." Sometimes you feel like your an "Alien" and you are on their "Planet." At least that is how I feel A LOT of the time. Also dealing with insensitive people who blurt out the most ridiculous comments and think they know EVERYTHING.

Eumie -- I agree I used to see a PA at my old GYN's office and she was SO awesome! Too bad she went on to practice on her own in another state!

BIG

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 09-13-2009 at 03:14 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #15  
HE'S my motivation!

Thank you Sassy!! I agree! If someone would have told me early on in life that this is what I had and not shoved pills down my throat I think it would have been a better transition going into adulthood. But no! Of course they make it harder ugh! And yes I feel like the Alien visiting their planet. That is why I am so glad there is this forum so we can all come together in our own area in this world & not feel like outsiders. I encourage people who do not know about PCOS to join this forum especially when they have friends with this horrid condition that way they know how much it sucks and how to help their friend.

This is going to be one long journey but I am ready

Thank you ladies!! I love the support