PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/213/150

Height: 5'6"

Default So Sluggish & BCP

First of all HELLO! This is my first post on 3FC

While I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS yet I'm currently undergoing all of the inital testing (ultrasound showed no cysts, I just had bloodwork done). I was, however, diagnosed with NASH last year and insulin resistance.

I guess you could say everything started 5 years ago when I stupidly switched to the depo shot as BC. One dose and I hated it. Unfortunately since then my cycles have been completely out of wack. It has gotten to the point now where I'm lucky if I have less then 50 days between cycles. In addition to everything my weight has exploded. I went from 170 to 230 due to bad eating habits and the lack of exercise. My long term goal is to get back down to my comfy weight of 150 - 160.

One of the biggest goals I've set for myself is to drink more water. So far I've been really good but lately I've been feeling really sluggish. I went to bed at 9:30pm last night and could barely wake up at 8:00am Also, at my recent doctor's appointment she prescribed me BCP. I'm kinda of hesitant after my last BCP debacle (breakthrough bleeding for 3 months) - any input?My last BCP was loestrin 24, I'm on something different this time around (the name escapes me).

I apologize if this was all over the place
justdazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:08 AM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I suffered a lot of sluggishness after gaining weight and having two children. It turned out to be sleep apnea. I went in for a sleep study and have been using a CPAP device ever since. After that I slept soundly and woke up refreshed and alert.

More recently I've experienced sluggishness, but believe that's just from extreme stress and not managing good sleep hygiene. I started taking melatonin and valerian at night before going to bed, then SAMe and tyrosine in the morning. I'm moving back towards feeling energized in the mornings again.

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote