PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #1  
Out is Through

Unhappy Tingling in Extremities? =/

I wasn't really sure where to post this, I left a copy of it in the 100 lb. club but I'm also going to post here in case it's a PCOS-related issue.

Have any of you ever had tingling arms and legs? Not as prickly/painful as pins and needles but more-so like your limbs are dead weight and you can't really feel them? This happened to me a couple of years ago, but it went away. The symptoms are back, but now it's spread to my feet and hands..when I had the problem in the past it was only in my legs. I've been having this problem for a couple of days. I'm not sure which doctor to call first. General practitioner to check for diabetes, high blood pressure, or circulatory problems? Neurologist? Chiropractor?

Any input is greatly appreciated, it's really starting to worry me and I want to make an appointment as soon as possible.

Thanks chickies~
Stephy
Old 06-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Most likely Nerve damage or carpel tunnel syndrome..you should go see your doc...he will most likely want you to have an MRI if carpal tunnel doesn't seem the likely target....don't panic...it can be caused by lots of things! good luck and let us know how things go.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:22 AM   #3  
I'm FOCUSED man!!!

S/C/G: 273-267-150

Height: 5'6

I have the same issue in my hands sometimes. I'm constantly on a PC @ work so I'm leaning towards the fact I may have carpel tunnel.
D Red757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:38 AM   #4  

I agree about the carpal tunnel for the arms, but for the legs, I'm not sure.

I had this same sort of thing in 2004 plus many other symptoms, and I ended up being diagnosed later with fibromyalgia. I still get the tingling at times, but nothing like I had then.

Best wishes to you!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

dude, I often have bouts of weird arm/extremities pain or numbness where I'm like, hmm, gee, am I having some sort of heart attack right now? thought it's not really sharp pain and I don't know what to make of it. My boyfriend thinks I'm a hypochondriac...I do have PCOS and high blood pressure, though, so it might have something to do with that. It bothers me, but I've never really been able to express what it is exactly and doctors have done EKGs and such and told me everything's fine.

Something you might think about though is vitamin deficiency. One semester in college, at the end of the year where i was eating cafeteria food in the dorms, I had this bizarre thing where I lost most of the feeling in my fingers and toes, and it spread to like both of my hands and feet, up the legs. I have a distinct memory of not being able to sign my name properly on checks and the like, and it lasted for about 2 months. The doctors ruled out anything neurological, and didn't give me any good answer. It started to get better once I moved home for the summer and started having real meals that weren't washed with bleach or sterilized with radiation...I did some internet research and I can't remember what exactly the vitamin deficiencies are that tend to cause numbness in the extremities, but you might want to look into that. good luck!
snoozlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #6  
Ms~A~

S/C/G: 203/203/125

Height: 5 ft 2

Talk to your Doc- it may be an insulin or circulation issue....I know when I see my endo doc that's one of the Q's he always asks me. Diabetic conditions are known to cause poor circulation.

Sometimes I wake up and my whole arm is dead and numb, but I think that is just from the way I sleep.
Msahaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #7  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

sometimes it could be that your calicum is too low
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #8  
Kittyno

S/C/G: 212/190/150

Height: 5'2"

I get numbness in my upper arms. I have always slept in the same position: on my stomach, with my arms under my pillow. I notice that since my PCOS has come about, I'll sometimes wake up with a numb arm from sleeping on it, and my legs fall asleep more easily. The thing I found that best helps is a warm bath twice a week with a lot of epsom salt. It helps a lot with circulation.

I took Yasmin for about 3 weeks once, when my doc had to find me a new birth control pill, and I was getting horrible leg cramps--I'm sure I was getting little blood clots. I quit the yasmin asap and started doing daily soaks in epsom salt baths, and the symptoms were gone within a week. I am a firm believer that epsom salt can prevent blood clots.
kittyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 292/286/175

Height: 5'7

I had this a happen a few times a while back. I went to the doctor about it. He said it could be for circulation. At the time I was working at a job that required me to be on my feet for long hours and I was leaning and reaching alot. He said that sometimes when you are over weight you carry that extra weight up front and it can do damage to your nerves in your upper parts of your legs and waist. So, when you do certain movements it can cause numbness. I didn't believe him but, after I quite that job about a week or so later it quite. I am sure that the extra weight that I carry in my stomach area has an effect on my body. That is one of the reasons I want to lose it.

Hope that helped.
dianadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote