PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking PCOS WL Support - January 09'

Hello and Welcome All to the PCOS WL Support January 2009 Thread!

This thread is about PCOS and Weight Loss Support. If you have PCOS, or think you might, or know anybody that might have it, or your just curious or you just think we are totally awesome, so you just wanna chat with us, please join us!

Losing weight with PCOS is like trying to rollerskate up an icy hill. With all the wonderful lovely side effects, extra facial and body hair, skin tags, dark skin patches, weight gain, etc, etc, etc.........

PCOS Definition:

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) – A genetically-linked hormonal imbalance that prevents ovulation. PCOS also may cause overproduction of estrogen, abnormal thickening of the uterine lining, very heavy and/or irregular periods, as well as acne and facial hair. The latter are caused by an overproduction of male hormones, including testosterone. -- There are tons of info out there on the web, so if you want more info, just go to your favorite search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc) and type in PCOS. Another great site (besides this one of course for info is: Soul Cysters. Also here are a couple links for Forum Abbreviations: Basic Forum Abbreviations and the TTC/Infertility Abbreviations

So please come and join us, won't you? If you or someone you know has PCOS and you want support in WL and just general everyday support, please come and join us. You do not have to necessarily have to be TTC or not TTC. I am currently not TTC, but I hopefully will be soon this year. So if you are or aren't is just fine, we are here for support. If you do not have PCOS and maybe are just curious about the disease, then feel free to join us as well. Everybody is Welcome!!

Wow A Whole Year, Gone.................

What Goals did I accomplish in 2008:

Changing my hair style and color, wearing make-up, dressing nicer. Being more open with people, continuing to lower my blood sugar/cholesterol, and basically being a more positive, happier person!

What are my New Goals for the 2009 New Year?

1) to finally make an appt to see a gyn and keep it!
2) to continue eating healthy
3) incorporate some sort of exercise
4) To become pregnant!!!

This isn't just about PCOS. It is about Life and wanting to get out there and LIVE IT. It doesn't matter if you have PCOS, Endometreosis, Diabetes, or just a bad hair day, we all want one thing: To Look AND most importantly: FEEL better. At least I do. If you feel the same way I do and are struggling with changing your bad ways and habits, then join me, won't you?

Share your daily struggles, and/or your daily accomplishments!!!

Together, we can do this, I KNOW we can!!!

Everybody is

Some come on in, get a cupa whatever and join us in a chat.

****PLEASE NOTE: I also wanted to add a link for a book that I think is very important for every woman to read, not just women experiencing Infertility Problems: Taking Charge of Your Fertility By: Toni Weschler, MPH. It is very very informative about our cycles, how to tell when you are ovulating, etc, etc. It is a great book to have! I know with the economy a lot of us are "tightening" our wallets, but I bought mine at half-priced bookstore for $6. Also there is the library. Just giving out suggestions because it is a good book to read!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 01-09-2009 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Added a Link!
Old 01-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #2  
~Believe~

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hello Everybody and to a Brand New Year!!! I hope 2009 is great for you all!!!

Old 01-01-2009, 03:23 PM   #3  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Happy New Year!!!

Good luck to all on your new year goals!
Old 01-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Happy New Year!!

I have my goals made for 2009, and I'm going to do my part to raise the curve on the statistics of weight loss and maintenance. Time to get off the yo-yo for the last time.

Ankle still has a lump, but feels 90% better! It hurts when it's cold or rainy. So exercise will be inconsistent for a while longer. This means I have to compensate with less food on those days. I'd much rather exercise!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/214/140

Height: 5'7"

Happy New Year!!! I have made my resolutions, and I am bound and determined to keep them this year. As a matter of fact, next week, I have an appt with my gyn. My son asked me today why did I have 2 bellies? What motivation to keep on track. My son is starting to notice "larger" people and ask why they are the way they are. I just tell him, that's the way God made them.

Wishing a good year to everyone!
Old 01-02-2009, 02:21 AM   #6  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Happy New Year everyone!!!! Good luck on your new goals!!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:34 AM   #7  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Happy New Year!!! So it's official the fiancée and I agree that it's time we start our family. This year I need to get on the ball and get rid of this weight. He got me the bodybugg that I have always wanted. I hope the people call me soon cause I have questions about it LOL .... Let's all keep our new years resolution. Come 2010 and we will all look even sexier then what we do now. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 01-02-2009, 05:05 AM   #8  
~Believe~

Hello All!

You all seem to have great Resolutions. I truly want to change this year. I dunno it is like something inside of me finally clicked on, like, "hey get it together!"

I now know that the only one who can make these changes are me. So I am finally getting to it, with lots of support from here and in Real Life too! My BF is doing the whole WL thing with me and encouraging me. Now I would like to get my DH on board too because if we are going to be parents I want him to be as healthy as he can too.

Well I hope you all have a Wonderful Friday!!!

Old 01-02-2009, 06:00 AM   #9  
HE'S my motivation!

Sassy YOU CAN DO!

I think something inside of me also said "helloooo do you want kids??" especially when he said he wants kids it woke me up.

That is awesome that you have a friend to lose the weight. My gym buddy had to cancel her membership do to finance problems. So now it's time for me to do it on my own.

I don't know if you ladies are Biggest Loser fans but it starts next Tuesday January 6th at 8p on NBC. I think I plan to follow that show and see how much weight I can lose with them.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:23 AM   #10  
Christian Cyster

S/C/G: 234/172/140

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago and finally have a family doctor and an ob/gyn that know what that is! That was such a wonderful hurdle to overcome. Anyway, I'm currently on 1500 mg Metformin everyday. It was wonderful at the beginning. I was so queasy the first month that I never wanted to eat. Now I feel fine, so I'm back to my old eating habits. Guess I'm gonna have to actually diet.

My hubby is obese and the doctor is pretty serious about him losing weight. He's even on phentermine to jump start it. He's got an appointment on Monday and the dr is supposed to give him an eating plan then. I guess we're going to wait till then to see what kind of diet we'll be on. Hopefully it's something we can stick with.

Anyway, (I'm being kind of long winded here) my 2009 goals are:
1) Stick with a diet and make it to my goal weight.
2) Get pregnant.
3) Figure out what I'm doing in the kitchen so that I can get my family to eat right. (in other words: learn how to cook things that aren't in boxes)
4) Go back to school. (not weight-related, but a goal nonetheless)

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Christine
Old 01-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #11  

Everyone seems to have such great resolutions. Let's stick to it! Keep positive! Just because we have had a bad day, doesn't mean we have completely gone off course.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #12  

Hi all, I am new to this board, but have been on 3fc for a couple years on and off. I was diagnosed with PCOS in Oct. 2007, and began seeing an RE in Nov 07. I have been on 1500 mgs Metformin ER since then, and as we were TTC, began Femara in December 2007. I got pregnant in March 2008, but had a miscarriage at 5w 1d. Had a lap to open blocked tubes and ovarian drilling in May 2008, but have been unable to get pregnant again as of yet. Fell into depression and gained more weight, but am going to new RE on the 22nd of this month, and I am ready to move on and get pregnant this year, and get healthy!!
Here are my goals:
1) Lose 15 lbs by Valentines
2) Get pregnant, lol
3) incorporate exercise each day
4) become a more positive person.

Hugs,
Donna
Old 01-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #13  

eeyoredja- I too had to take Femara to get pregnant with my sons. I wish you all the luck on your journey. Once I found out that I was pregnant, I had to take progesterone suppositories to keep my hormone levels up. They were not the most pleasant things, but definately worth it all.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #14  

yeah, the same with me, I take the progesterone supp. after O is confirmed, and also heparin injections 2x a day. It will all be worth it in the end.

Hugs,
Donna
Old 01-03-2009, 04:55 PM   #15  
HE'S my motivation!

Welcome Christine & Donna!!

Christine, I am right there with you and the going back to school thing. Education is just as important as losing weight!

Donna, I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. We are all here for you!!

I am so glad more people are starting to join the PCOS forum. Feels good to know I am not alone :-)

My New years resolution:
1) lose weight and get to my goal weight (or as close as possible by the end of the year)
2) get enrolled in school (I need to finally pass a class)
3) walk the dog on sunny days (she needs her daily walk and I need to burn the calories)
4) GO TO THE GYM ALONE ( I am so co-dependent when it comes to the gym LOL)

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 01-03-2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Add my goals
Closed Thread