PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #61  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

this weekend was a total loss for me. ended up going out for an overindulgent family brunch on sunday. and no gym. so i am going to try and force myself back to the gym for at least 3.5 to 4 miles this afternoon. only did a disappointing and slow 3.5 on wed so i really want to either push through to 4 or go a shorter distance but faster. just need to keep the motivation up til 5pm. problem is that 4 miles on the treadmill seems like no problem at 11am, but as the time approaches, i'm making excuses to myself left and right.
and i guess maybe i'll look for a scale when i'm picking up my scripts at target tonight...i haven't lived with a scale in almost 10 years, so i'm really not looking forward to this.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:44 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 225/214/140

Height: 5'7"

Went and got more lab work done this morning. Wish me luck.

Had a good weekend. Since I've been cutting back carbs, the scale says I've lost 5lbs. I know some of that is probably water, but still YEAH!!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #63  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
Gymlee, I know so many people (online and in person) that have had huge success stories with weight loss, cholesterol and BP with Eat To Live. It's a vegetarian (and vegan if you choose) diet. If that's a possibility for you, maybe you'd like to read about it.
Thanks Jennifer! I've heard about that book and seen it on the shelf at the book store. As for doing vegitarian/vegan, I've done the vegitarian thing and I can handle it, but I much prefer having lean meats in my diet such as chicken, turkey, and fish. I don't know the numbers for the levels from this time around (in Dec) but the last set of blood work (Aug) showed that the levels were elevated but not drastically out of range with like the total cholesterol which was only 7 points higher than normal but the LDL was what was not desirable and was high. So I don't know how much higher they were this time around but I do remember not eating so well prior to getting the blood drawn so that might have affected it. Either way, I'm definitely watching my diet and eating as much fruits and veggies, whole grains, and lean meats as possible. I am having the occassional indulgence which has been more so in the past week or so than before but I'm keeping it in check by balancing it out with exercise. Now I'm going to try and knock off as much of the indulgences as possible and up the exercise. I only started to exercise again this month for the first time in a long time- probably been at least 7 or 8 months- so that may be affecting the levels as well. So I'm hoping to turn it around by doing it this way. But I do appreciate the suggestion and I'm definitely going to pick up that book and see if it'll work for me!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #64  

just got back from the gym:
ran - 4 miles
walked - .7 miles

i also signed up for fitday.com, though i'm still not totally sure how it works. apparently i didn't meet my calorie goal for the day but i can't get my activities calories to sync up with the weight loss goals analysis. not sure if it's a bug in the program or i did something wrong. at the very least, i guess it's a good reference point even if it doesn't match me exactly.

and...i went to target and bought a scale. so i live with a scale for the first time in 10 years. just in: i weigh 162.5, so i lost 13.5 lbs since going on met in october!!
Old 01-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #65  

Hey chicks- Sorry i have been MIA, just super busy!! I finished my Femara today, so hopefully I will have good follies this weeek. I have lost another 4 pounds, so I am happy for that.

Hugs,
Donna
Old 01-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #66  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Nicoy when you go see your doctor if she refuses med's I'd go find another doctor who KNOWS about PCOS and will actually help you- my first doc was no help would just say "eat less" I was starving myself but with no info I wasn't losing weight.

I finally switched doctors and though I'm taking metformin 1000 and spironolactone 25 (this is for excess hair) I don't feel too much of a difference- I'm seeing her the end of the month and am going to ask for at least 1500 met and 100 spirono- I'll tell her about my friend whose doctor gave her 2000 and 200 and she has lost like 40 lbs! I'm doing all she's doing with smaller results

On a positive note I did half an hour at the gym today and tonight's dinner is taco salad WOO

I've got 20 more minutes before I haul *** out of the door at work- seriously lately I'm so bored here- I get all my work done then it's like ho hum what am I gonna do now?
Old 01-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #67  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

FAB the most side effects I've seen from PCOS is nausea- I had that problem too at first- I'd vomit each morning- I thought I was pregnant! lol.

I stopped taking met before bed- now I take one in the morning and one in the afternoon and no more problems
Old 01-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #68  

fatasianbaby-YEAH!!!!!

eeyoredja-Good Luck!

I was expecting to get my lab results back today, but haven't heard anything. I'm keeping the mindset, no news is good news. Just keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #69  

yeah this definitely gave me a little motivation to actually try the serious calorie counting. or semi-serious. i was worried because i haven't seen any results in terms of clothes fitting better, but hopefully that'll come soon.

i also seem to have the nausea, in the middle of the day. had to leave work early today and puked when i got home. not 100% it's the met, but i have my suspicions.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #70  
Christian Cyster

S/C/G: 234/172/140

I've had a bad day. I had all kinds of stuff planned today, but zero energy. I ended up sleeping on the couch. When I woke up I had a horrible headache and then I got a sore throat. I think I'm coming down with something.

So, I got myself some OJ at the store. Of course, the OJ put me over my calorie goal for the day. But, if it keeps me from getting really sick, so be it. I'll make up for it later.

Christine
Old 01-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #71  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Jennifer- you know what is funny. Growing up every single Christmas time my family would get together. My uncle would pull me off the couch and make me dance to the salsa music. (I'm Hispanic) and it happened every single year so I learned how to dance salsa thanks to him. Then here comes my best friend and she makes me shake my booty at the hip hop clubs and that's how I learned that. I put the 2 together and can now dance reggae according to the friends I met Friday night. LOL who knew??

Beerab- I do plan to talk to her. I hate working out so much and seeing no results. Makes me feel like all my efforts are for nothing. Like I'm walking on a tredmil that leads me no where I just keep going and going and going and ... Well you get my drift haha

I will make an appointment and keep everyone posted

Ps if there are ever any errors in my posts I apologize. I write from my Iphone and I have fat fingers LOL. These buttons are tiny :-)
Old 01-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #72  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hello All.

Congrats to those doing well with their eating and exercising! and BIG to those struggling right now. I hear ya and have been there SO many times! But the main thing is to never quit. Its like what my Bookmark that I am using in the book I am reading right now says:

Don't Quit
by : Jill Wolf

Jenn -- I had my spring green salad lastnight for lunch with red peppers and my low-fat dressing. It was soooo tasty! I even had my coworker wanting some so since we bought such a HUGE container of spring greens, I brought some in for her. I brought it in again and this time cut up my cucumber to add to it too. I was gonna use the snap peas with the stir-fry I want do with the skinless, boneless chicken I have. I also have frozen veggies that go into it, peppers & onions. So I plan on making that. I also have what they call an "Immunity Boost" It has Broccoli, red and yellow peppers, in a garlic infused Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Seasoning. I also got some of those Green Giant "Steamers" too. Very convenient for work and that helps esp with my shift. lol.

Well I wish you all the best!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 01-14-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:23 AM   #73  

christine - hope you feel better soon. one of my struggles lately is whenever i am feeling sick (which is often lately, thanks met) i want to go off the reservation. all i do is crave udon or wanton soup. but i agree it's a small price to pay to feel better.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #74  

I got my lab results back, not good. I've been trying to make an appt with my internist, and I can't get anyone to call me back. Has anyone tried that cholestoff. I bought some, it was on sale, thinking of trying it out.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #75  

As for me, nothing new, started my OPKs yesterday, nothing yet, and I am counting the days til the new RE on the 22nd, lol.

Hugs,
Donna
Closed Thread