PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #1  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Depressed

I'm so bummed today- I go to the doc for my yearly, and I'm not one to break down- but today I did- I weighed in at 217 at the doc, then my blood pressure was high- and then the doctor said there looks to be a growth on my cervix, and so on. I mean I broke down, I told her I'm trying SO HARD and nothing seems to help I don't know what to do- I told her I felt my medication wasn't even helping and didn't understand why I was taking it- I still feel the effects of insulin resistance after every meal (total food coma). She told me she'd send me to a nutritionist and she even said if I like she'd refer me to a laser hair clinic that she is a part of and would give me 50% off.

She doesn't want to up my medication because she says she doesn't want me to just medicate myself up and she wants me to lose all I can- she said she sends all her PCOS patients to this nutritionist and that they know what they are doing.

It's just depressing that I'm working so hard and I see such little results.
And the fact she said she found a growth on my cervix- well that just terrifies me
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #2  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

I'm sorry you're having such a bad day. I know it's not easy to do at times, but try not to be so hard on yourself. You have a medical condition that makes it much harder to lose weight compared to someone who does not have PCOS. As long as you are trying your best, that is enough. Hopefully the nutritionist will be able to give you some pointers on how to tweak your diet so you can lose more easily. Don't worry about the growth on your cervix, until you have something definitive to worry about. I too had a growth on my cervix about 15 years ago. I had it removed in my doctor's office and it was completely harmless. It was stressful at the time, because my children were young and the thought of having a serious problem worried me. Looking back now, I wish I hadn't worried so much. It puts undue stress on you, and doesn't help the situation in any way. Until the doctor says there's a problem, the chances are it's probably going to turn out like mine and just be a benign growth. I'll be thinking of you.
chris313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:50 AM   #3  
Soul Cyster

Ty Chris.
I feel better today- but seriously if my husband says one more time "you are fine babe- don't worry" I'm going to scream lol. I know he loves me but I am not happy like this at all- he acts like we can have kids no problem and I'm like ARE YOU CRAZY ARE YOU LISTENING HELLO! PCOS! NO PERIOD!

We'll see what this nutritionist has to say- I am still keeping a good food journal to give her when I get there- all I have to say is if she's anything like the last one I saw (many years ago) I will walk out if she acts at all patronizing.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:03 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

beerab, can you give us a run down of what you are eating? Honestly, you shouldn't be reaching a food coma after any meals. Its been a couple years since it happened to me and it was damn white bread...
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:22 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

Let's see last week I went to a Thai restaurant with some coworkers- ordered a chicken and veggie lunch combo that came with a small salad with peanut dressing and then a small hot soup with veggies, then my meal and I asked for brown rice with it. I drank water with that and boom 20 minutes after I was falling asleep at my desk- I got up, walked around- grabbed some water- and after a while like half an hour or an hour I was better. It's like if I eat any carbs I'm gone. I also usually have a lean cuisine for lunch and sometimes that knocks me out after lunch. I don't eat lean cuisines that have noodles in them, rarely eat ones that have rice in them, and mostly try to get the ones with veggies and meat or brown rice.

I asked my doc about upping my metformin but she said no- I haven't even taken it today I'm like what is the point I feel no freaking difference with or without them...

I mean maybe it's not every meal but I do notice it happens almost everyday when I have lunch. With dinner I just equate it to I'm tired cuz it's been a long day but I don't know if that contributes to it- I just know after dinner that's it I'm done for the day (we usuall eat dinner at 5:30 pm).

I don't notice it with breakfast but usually for breakfast I eat fruit and eggs or bran cereals.

We'll see if this nutritionist helps.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I do hope a nutritionist helps and it may be that you need to reset yourself a little bit and cut back on some of the grains for a period of time. I'm guessing you aren't stuffed after these meals? Large meals will make me sluggish.

Have you had an allergy test as well? That might be in order.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:22 PM   #7  
Soul Cyster

Nope no allergies- been tested.

I'm just so frustrated AGAIN today- our insurance did I don't know what- sent us ID cards that are totally wrong- my husband needs bloodwork and the place we went to says they don't cover our insurance and I tried to explain to them the card is misprinted and then they try to call the insurance to verify and it's CLOSED and I'm like wtf?!

I'm trying to breathe and NOT scream at the same time- it's proving very difficult.

Nope not stuffed after meals- I'm trying to learn to eat to be "satisfied" and not stuffed and the food I ate was a lunch portion.

And yeah a lean cuisine and a yogurt for lunch pft that's not stuffing lol.

I just feel like I'm going to do nothing but drink water the next few days.