PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:59 AM   #1  

Default Help! I keep bleeding

Hi everyone, It's been a while since I've posted. I hope you all are doing well. I have a serious issue to talk about. I am so frustrated, I have been having a period since June of 2007. It just won't stop. I can't have sex with my husband because I start to bleed. I also noticed that when I become really stressed out and upset I start to bleed very heavily. I am under a great deal of stress right now. I was really upset with my husband tonight and I started to bleed really hard. It really scares me because I pass really large clots. I start to wonder if stress is causing all of this bleeding. Sorry for being so blunt, I just need someone to hear me. I am a bit scared that I am going to bleed to death one day
msheat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/139.5/120

Height: 5' 4"

You absoltuely need to go see a gyno. I had a 2 month long period in HS, and it wrecked my calcium and iron levels, very unhealthy. Not to terrify you, but it can be a serious issue. My gyno put me on Birth control and it helped alot. Mine was just my body adjusting to having a period, but I am thinking that only a doctor can really tell you what is going on with your body.
freshman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:59 AM   #3  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Please, please go see your gynocologist! Call them today. If you tell them you're having this problem, they may make time to see you today as soon as possible. If you have seen a gyno about it and they haven't done anything to help, try a new one, but please don't let that go!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Echoing what others have advised. You really need to get this checked out. I've had problems with heavy and persistent bleeding which has a number of causes. In my case it proved to be hormonal and an progesterone implant has 'nearly' sorted it out. However I'm sure you know that abnormal bleeding can signal more sinister health issues and you really need to get these ruled out.

I don't want to alarm you but what you've described is just not normal, so get yourself to a doctor.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #5  
No description available.

It could be many many things depending on your history....too many to speculate or guess here. I agree with the others---you need to be seen ASAP.

Last edited by midwife; 02-22-2008 at 12:11 PM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 312/307/142

Height: 5'6

I agree. Even though I hate going to the doctor, this is something I would make an exception for. I'm sure that this is one of the things that is causing you stress, so once you get it straightened out, I'm sure you'll feel a lot better.
kcmolisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 297(135) / 218(99) / 176(80)

Height: Just shy of 6'

Definitely see a gynae. I had a 'period' for 10 months five years ago and was told I just had a thick lining to my uterus.

I was getting a Mirena IUD fitted so the gynaecologist decided to put me under total anaesthetic and scrape out the excess lining while he was at it. When he did so he discovered a polyp there that was causing all that trouble. Since having it removed I've had no more super-long periods...well, except for when I got back from seeing friends in the USA and went into total mourning/missing them when I got back, and managed one for about 5 weeks straight. But that time, it definitely was stress!

Seriously, get it seen to. If it turns out to be something like a polyp it will not fix itself, and it's not a big operation to get it removed.

Whatever it is, you need to get it seen to, because it's going to mess with your body, hormones and mind until you do.
AussieDaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #8  
Bryndi Lynn

S/C/G: 394/387/165

Height: 5'8

I had a period for a little over a year with all the symptoms you described. I finally gave in and started wearing diapers so I could leave the house (which was humiliating). My doctor suggested I take vitamin K to thicken my blood, and put me on a high dosage of iron. Red Clover and Red Raspberry Leaf tea were also a big help. I had a really scary month in October where I lost so much blood that I could barely stand up without fainting. Definitely see a doctor about it. I would recommend a naturopathic one if possible because they avoid over-prescribing drugs. I had this problem after going off Glucophage and I think that had a lot to do with it.
Bryndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 309/270/209

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I am new to the board but have been diagnosed with PCOS for many years. I too had a very long cycle that lasted for 5 months. I contacted my doctor and she was able to give me some medication to make it stop, but I can't remember the name of the medication. Hope this helps.
khoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:30 AM   #10  
Wannabe Summer Beauty....

S/C/G: 150/130/115

Height: 5'6

Unhappy I can sympathize......

Hello,

I had to respond, I can sympathize.......

I have long cycles too. I have to constantly wear pads every day. Yes pads......2 Overnight pads. I am terrified if I do not wear them because I can start at any given time and I never ever know when it will be heavy. I also pass large clots and I too have diapers to wear at night when it gets really bad. (mortifying but it saves clothes and sheets)

I have had this for a long time now. I have not went to the dr due to being treated very badly. I know that is no excuse but I am sure there is at least one person here who understands that. I have been poked, proded, lectured, examined, etc, etc. I am tired of being a freakin pin cushion and "test" subject. I know PCOS is not fun and yes it does have times that we have to go through some pretty terrifying things but I am just plain sick of it.

I will admit, I have given up. I have threw up my hands. I know that is no answer. I need to see a dr. But I am afraid. But after all that I have admitted, please do go and see a dr about it. If you do, I will. We can be "partners" in this, if you want. Sounds kinda cheesey, but trust me I know how terrifying things can be. Because I am there!!! lol.

Also does anybody else have lowered sex drive?

Anywho, just sharing my experiences with everybody.

Big
PowderPuff1978 is offline   Reply With Quote