PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 11:43 PM   #1  

Default Just Checking In

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone else is doing. This is what's been up with me...

Let me tell you what Sam is doing. This last week for VERY hard for me. I started the Avandia 2 wks ago, and had my monthly weigh-in with WW this week. I GAINED 4lbs. The worst yet. I sobbed after the weigh-in and Sam just hugged me and tried to console me. I was SO low. I told him "What's the use, it doesn't work anyways".

But again, I'm NOT a quitter, I just can't. I asked him (in the car), why he felt I don't give up. My daughter (10 yo) says "Cause you want to be thin more than anything". Out of the mouths of babes!!

So later that night after his shower, he comes out to me and says "I had this thought and I want you to listen to this whole thing". I want to eat for one month, exactly like you. I want to feel what you do, when it comes to deprivation. I want to help you get over this wall." My doctor had suggested that I go to 1200-1400 calories a day. I have a new program on my Palm and have been tracking my calories and although I'm staying within my pts (mostly), I am eating about 1500-1600 calories a day. So what Sam proposed is that we eat 1200-1400 calories a day with one day a week for 1600 (a week) so he can get his cheeseburger fix in. LOL

He's wanting to quit smoking and knows he'll probably gain about 20lbs, plus he could stand to lose about 20lbs. He says "we'll, keep each other going".

Let me tell you. I felt truely LOVED!! I mean, he TOTALLY doesn't have to do this, but wants to, to help me out. <<SIGH>>
Thanks for reading and listening.

Yvonne

Old 02-14-2002, 09:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Wink AWWWWWW!!

Now that's

I hope you drag him through he** this month, too! I'm proud of you for not quitting!
Old 02-20-2002, 10:12 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

Default Is Sam still with it?

I think this is great that he is doing this with you. How are you guys doing?
Old 02-20-2002, 10:23 PM   #4  

We had our first weigh-in this week and he lost 5lbs (of course, men always do) and I lost 2lbs. The most I've lost in a week in over a year!!! Last week I flucuated between 217 and 215, now I'm flucuating between 212 and 215. I think I may be on to something. I'll keep you posted. BTW, I'm not lowering my carbs at all, I eat about 150per day. I track it on my Palm, that's how I know. I'm eating on average about 1300 calories and with relative ease. Just having to get used to spreading them out during the day, as it is different than pts. I'm still "doing" WW, counting pts, as I want to be a leader, I feel I could offer hope and sympathy for all sorts of "losers". So that's it!! Still plugging away!!

Yvonne
Old 02-21-2002, 01:28 PM   #5  

Yvonne

I think you should give your husband a big hug. I have tried to get my husband just to try more low fat foods so that it is easier for me to cook and he won't budge let alone actually eat the calorie restricitons that I am placing on myself. Congrats for having a husband that is so dedicated to helping you reach your goal and make him for healthy also.

Sara
Closed Thread