Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

Hi ladies
i've lost 4 pounds this week-my first week on Nutrisystem,
so i'm down 13 pounds in 3 weeks,
I'm so close to Onederlaned!!!!!!!!!!

Have super weekend!
*hugs*
campbellredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:09 PM   #152  

Hi everyone,

I know I'm not around much, maybe that's part of my problem. My first few weeks of JC were great. Now I'm having so much trouble staying on program.

I haven't gained,(up and down, but landing in the same place) but I'm having trouble staying focused and motivated. I have had some issues. I started a monthly injection to stop my cycle. I'm extremely anemic. We also had my son's wedding 2 wks ago, they finally got home sat morning after 5hrs of delays due to weather. So I guess my mind has been elsewhere.

I must say though, what a great, motivating group you all are. Everyone is doing so well. But it also makes me feel ashamed for spending this money and not doing well. I don't eat the JC food when I'm not I'm program, so I'm wasting more time then money. Thats bad too.

I'm sorry to ramble. I so want this work. Not for a wedding, or special event but for health reasons. Way to young to have so many problems with my health. My mom was only 3 yrs older than me when she passed away from complications of the same illnesses I have.

So I hope I can pick my self up and get going. I'll try to check in more. You ladies are great.
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:16 PM   #153  

I"m sorry that you have to go through the yuck of monthly injections to stop your cycle because of anemia.

ARe you exercising any? That you can try to fit in no matter what you are eating, And definitely try to drink at least 64oz of water.

You can do this!!!!!!!!, you really can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless
Old 07-23-2006, 03:05 PM   #154  

My reasons are for health too, and energy, and looks... I'm using my upcoming graduation and wedding as motivators. I have a graduation on Aug. 12th and hope to lose about 5 lbs a week. (They take profile pictures at those things! This double chin has GOT to GO.) And I have a wedding in March.
I have PCOS though, and not on any medication from switching doctors. I'm a "border-line" diabetic, but only because I'm too scared to go back and do the final test to know for sure. I know I'm fat, and I have health issues. I didn't have time with a full time day job, full time night school and a 4 yo to take care of to take care of myself.
I started JC because it's convenient. The food is already ready so I can spend my time cooking for her. I've been taking my dog for walks around 5 blocks or so every day that's cool enough.
My first weigh in was today and I've lost nearly 4 lbs! (starting was 270.6, now it's 266.8) I started Wednesday and it's Sunday now so I suppose that's a good start. (Makes me wanna go for another walk.)

I'm glad that forums like this exist. It's hard to talk about stuff like this with anyone. I haven't even told my mom that I'm on JC.
ArtGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:36 PM   #155  

Thanks so much for the encouraging words. Red, you are doing so great. It will be baby time before you know it.

Artgirl, You are so young. The best advice I can give you (speaking from way too much experience) is, do what ever you have to do, to keep from getting diabetes. I never listened. I had gestational when I was 17. After the baby was born it was gone and reappeared in my mid 30's. It's so hard to lose when your on diabetes meds. They cause weight gain. So keep walking that pup. Exercise is great for sooooo many reasons. Red is right, we can always find time. I always make excuses. I joined a gym right next door to where I work. Only $19.95 a month. So why don't I go. Excuses. Really lame excuses.

So keep up the great work and keep the diabetes beast away.

Thanks again
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:48 AM   #156  

Artgirl i have a 5yr old, and she loves to go walking with me, do you take your 4yr old with you walking??

Keep up the good work, you can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

My mom has diabetes, i hate watching her struggle, and knowing how dangerous it is to so many parts of your body when your sugar is out of control, you are damaging organs and stuff.
Think healthy for you little one, and for your future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know it is easier said than done, i really really know.

God Bless
Old 07-24-2006, 09:50 AM   #157  

Angie, how are things going?
How are you doing?
Sunshine will be back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 11:41 AM   #158  

Wow this place has gotten busy well I've been gone. I have returned from being off for the summer and just spent 3 days moving my office. I was able to stay on track for the most part well I was gone. I just reached my one year anniversay on JC last week. I still have some weight to loose and it is coming off slow but it is coming off.

I hope your all having a great on plan day and Keep on Keep'n on JC Chicks!
HarleyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:21 PM   #159  

Me, young? Haha. I suppose people still go by numbers versus experience. I suppose compared to some I am. I am the youngest at work also. I'm used to it, I guess. I just don't think of myself as young. Everyone I know, and am around is at least 5 years older than me or more. I'm doing this for so many reasons and health is one of them for sure. I don't want to end up like my uncle, rest his soul. He was just starting to try to lose when he died.

Yes, my little one goes with me every time I walk. I was planning on walking the dog tonight and letting her ride her bike but there was a party tonight that we stayed longer than intended. But....

I rode my bicycle to and from work today. It's one of those old fashioned ones too, with the fenders, brakes in the pedals, and no gears. It was harder than I thought. I used to bike 18-20 miles every other day in Texas. I can't believe that gaining so much weight would make it seem like another lifetime.

I didn't exactly slip or anything, but I had some food outside JC for the first time in about a week tonight. It's my aunt's 50th birthday and they invited us to a local bar. Everyone started ordering food and I was panicked. I was still planning on coming home for my Turkey Chili, but the I don't want my family to know about the diet yet. So... I called Jenny's. I headed for the bathroom and called for HELP! LoL. I feel pathetic for doing it, but I couldn't think of anything else. And I really don't want to screw this up. So I ordered a grilled chicken salad with low fat italian dressing and some water with lemon. I had one beer and made it a Mich Ultra Light.

Overall, I think I did good. I biked today, and plan on doing it again tomorrow and I turned down breaded mushrooms and more beer for a huge salad. WOoHOo! What do you all think? Sound good, or is it like cheating?
Old 07-26-2006, 11:19 AM   #160  

I think you did fantastic ArtGirl. You can not expect to just eat JC for the rest of you life. As long as you stay with in reason and not go crazy when you eat out. A salad is always a good choice but you have to be careful with that. The salad at taco bell has 800 calories in it ouch! Remember vege's is always a smart choice. If you are going out for dinner one thing that has really helped me is visually you want the center portion of your plate filled with food. Half should be vege's, one quarter starch and the other quarter protien. No fried foods! No bread. Stay away from things that you know you can not stop eating (chips or whatever). We all have trigger foods. Good job and keep up the good work.

Well I was up one pound yesterday at weigh in. I have been excersing like a crazy person. At least 1 hour of cardio 6 days a week. I think I am gaining muscle. Well my consultant thinks I am not getting enough calories. So we are bumping me up to 1500 calories a day. If that doesn't do it we will bump up to 1700 calories.

Well fellow JC Chicks Keep on Keep'n on and have a great day.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:31 PM   #161  

I'm back! I see we moved...
Looks like everyone is doing great!
I'm still losing!
I'm still jammin to my turbo jam workouts.
Keep moving & losing!!!
2CMEAGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #162  

How was the vacation? So happy it is Friday! I am out of here early today. Have a great on plan weekend JC chicks and Keep on Keep'n on!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:10 PM   #163  

:'( I only lost one more pound! I was strict on the plan, with the slight exception of Tuesday, and I've been biking to work and walking... I'm so disappointed. My consultant(?) said that I need to switch my lunch and dinner entrees. Said we'll see if that helps because I have so much time between lunch and afternoon snack, and then dinner. My last snack is pretty late and I have to move it up, somehow. :\ I was thinking I was doing SO good. Now I'm just depressed.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:07 AM   #164  
Under His mercy

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! We got back from a week at the beach yesterday afternoon and we had such a good time visiting with family. I didn't take JC food but still ate better than I normally would have. I haven't weighed myself yet and I don't go back to the JC center until this coming up Friday but I'm getting right back on the program today. As long as I don't GAIN anything, I'll be happy!

Red, are you still doing NS? If you are, how do you like it?

Glad to have you back Harley!

Art, you shouldn't be depressed about only losing 1 lb. Maybe next week it'll be 3 lbs. Just stick with it.
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:24 AM   #165  

Morning JC'ers!
I'm down again on the scales!YAHOO!!!
It's to be VERY hot here this week!Thank goodness for central air!
How's everyone doing?
Good luck on your WI Sunshine!
Red~you still like the NS?
Harley~welcome back!
Artgirl~hang in there!!!
2CMEAGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote