Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #136  

Also when I look at the nutritional info on some of the products, how do they possibly keep you full when there is no dietary fiber. I am programmed to think you have to have high dietary fiber from previous Weight Watchers plans.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleigh33 View Post
but can you use light french dressing or even salsa as your optional topping?
What is a WF item?

Nicoleigh33......Light dressings should be fine....fat free is what is recommended but if you use the little bit of fat as your "optional" you should be fine. Salsa is basically veggies so that should also be fine.

WF is Walden Farms. They have a great selection of fat free, calorie free, cholesterol free...just about everything free dressings, sauces, etc...
Old 01-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'5"

They do keep you full...I have very little problem with that. Well...maybe I should rephrase that. They don't keep you full, they keep you satisfied and not hungry. I think that has been one of my problems....thinking I needed to be "Full" after a meal. I would just keep eating until I could not put more in.
If you eat as often as you are supposed to you should not have a lot of problems with hunger...
Old 01-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #139  

Audio51 thank you, I have seen Walden Farms at the store and I think have tried at least one of the dips and some dressing years ago and was not pleased!

Any tips or menu ideas are appreciated!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #140  

Can you do ff cool whip, healthy choice meals or any meals on the dietdirect site while doing Wonderslim?
When I looked at recipes on their site I don't understand how something without meat is counted as meat 3. For example the information below came from their dessert section:

Rocky Road Ice Cream
1 pkt Dark Chocolate Pudding Mix
1 bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar, chopped
5 Ice Cubes
1/4 cup Water, Cold
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 pkt Artificial Sweetener

Directions
Crush ice cubes in blender. Add the rest of the ingredients, except bar, blend until mixed. Stir in chopped bar. Serve immediately or freeze for 15 minutes, then serve.

Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories: 299, Protein: 26g, Carbohydrate: 37g, Fat: 6g, Fiber: 2.5g

Exchanges Per Serving
Meat 3, Starch 2, Vegetable 1
Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

nicoleigh - they count the protein as a meat. Note that the recipe you mentioned is for two servings.

FF cool whip would count as an optional, as it does have carbs in it.

Some Healthy Choice meals and other frozen meals are okay, but look at the serving size, the protein, carb, fat, and calorie contents. Just because it says it is diet does not mean that it is a match for your diet. A good example of what you'd want to look for is the Lean Cuisine Salsbury Steak...it is in lines with the values you are looking for.

The WS entrees are okay for last minute, but it is not a good substitute for your lean and green, for several reasons:
1) the entrees have too many carbs, so you'd have to cut it in half, which then doesn't give you enough protien
2) fiber is lacking--fiber is needed to help move your bowels, not fill you up.
3) it doesn't teach you how to cook a healthy meal so when you are ready to go into mainentance, you likely will gain the weight back. The lean and green meal is there for health purpose, balanced food purposes, and to teach you how to properly protion foods out so you can achieve your weight loss goals.

If you are looking for someone at Diet Direct who can coach you...I don't have an answer for that. I go to my doctor who helps me with my meal planning and goal setting. I prefer the one on one contact in that regard. Plus it keeps me honest with myself.

Meal plans..there are tons. The muffins made with the pancake mix and oatmeal are one of my favorites. I tend to do that in the AM (or the cereal) with a strawberry yogurt smoothie. Snack tends to be a shake. Lunch is a lite entree (Veggie Joe or soup) and a snack bar. Snack is a shake. Dinner tends to be 3 ounces of a lean meat, two veggies, and SOMETIMES (carbs don't like me) half a roll...it differs daily. Last night it was Ginger and Applewood Salmon, with garlic brocolli, baby carrots, and 1/2 a wheat roll. The Ginger and Applewood seasoning was my optional. Dessert was a WS cookie...because I was lazy and didn't want to make anything else for the day.

Take your vitamins daily, that part is important. But most of it is a learning curve...learn what you like, learn what you don't like, learn how your body reacts to X amount of carbs and so much.

And for your question about how it fills you up, or satisfies your hunger, it is the protein. A complex protein in amino acids keeps you feeling "full" longer than anything else out there.

The hardest part about WS is the lack of variety. But after a few weeks, it isn't so bad. it is a hard diet, much harder than I ever realized. But to me, it is worth it. So I don't get to have pizza with my family and am stuck eating 3 ounces of lemon pepper chicken. So what. What I do today will make me healther tomorrow so I might be able to have a chance at being there for my daughter for many years to come. Nothing like a good old deadly illness nearly taking you out to put that into perspective

Any questions you have, someone will answer. This group is awesome about that. Best. Forum. Ever.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #142  

Today was my official weekly weigh in....259.6...a total of 4.9 pounds lost in a week!!! (see irish, just like I said yesterday...last week I hadn't lost a thing and then I blew it out of the park this week, so have faith.)

I am beyond excited that I am now in the 250's range. I haven't been here since pregnancy almost 4 years ago. Oh happy day

TODAY'S QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.” ~Frank Lloyd Wright

Last edited by zoesmom; 01-28-2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 215/207/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi All,
Well i received my trial box from diet direct and haven't tried much but when I pulled my book simple diet and read the meal plan it was almost the same and a lot cheaper so I will finish up my packets and then do the simple diet menu. Well thats my two cents worth, All of you have a great day.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Congratulations, Zoesmom!!!

Thanks for your post, yesterday and the link. I have to tell you, it was so appropriate. Last Tuesday when I was out shopping, I picked up J Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. I had not tried it yet.

After reading your post and the link, I got my butt right off the couch, put in the dvd and did the first day. Yes, I am quite sore this morning, thank you very much

Welcome nicoleigh!

It looks like zoesmom covered a lot of your questions.As far as the lean/green and the options, there is a page in the book" Wonderslim Food Selection List and Shopping Guide" with the serving size. It is also on the website. I made copies of that page, the food diary/ activity page and the Womens Meal Plan. I keep them on my kitchen counter for reference.

Glad you joined us, I am looking forward to reading your posts.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish51 View Post
Congratulations, Zoesmom!!!

Thanks for your post, yesterday and the link. I have to tell you, it was so appropriate. Last Tuesday when I was out shopping, I picked up J Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. I had not tried it yet.

After reading your post and the link, I got my butt right off the couch, put in the dvd and did the first day. Yes, I am quite sore this morning, thank you very much
I am so glad. I too started 30DS yesterday. And it so sucked. And I was SO freaking sore this morning. But apparently I like pain because I just completed my second day of it...and now I can barely walk Fun times!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Struggling.....
Old 01-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #147  

Zoesmom - thanks for sharing your success. Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Sheri - I hear ya. Hang in there, tho. I haven't lost much weight, but I keep reminding myself that I feel better (actually exercised twice today-hubby was shocked) and the hubby says I'm sleeping much "quieter". My pants are fitting different, so I guess that's a good sign, too.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #148  

Zoesmom, I did day 2 this afternoon. I thought it was harder today

Shero, what can we do to help you?

Julie, congratulations on the pants fitting better,that is always a good sign.
Exercised twice in one day ,look at you go girl !

Last edited by irish51; 01-28-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #149  

YEAH julie!!! Sometimes those NSV are better than the actual weight loss!

Shero--hang in there hun. Remember, a stumble is better than a fall.

irish--I agree, day two was WAY worse! I was torn about trying it today, you know, to do the whole thirty days...and then I saw this and thought I should share with you:
Jillian had a question in a podcast about how often to do it and her answer was...
2 days of 30DS one day cardio 2 days of 30 DS and one cardio then a rest day. She said the name was more so what her marketing people came up with since each level is meant to be 10 days (just not 10 straight) thats marketing for you!
Not saying not to do 30 days straight if you want but she was very adamant about how important it is to have a rest day.

What's on your menu today ladies? How are you keeping on track?

This morning I had my WS cereal with a strawberry smoothie.
Snack was a mocha shake
lunch was WS tomato soup (and I was surprised I actually liked it given I HATE tomato soup and had been putting off trying it forever now) and some sour cream and onion O's.
my afternoon snack is going to be the double chocolate shake.

I think dinner tonight is going to be chicken cordon bleu. If I use soy cheese, I can eliminate most of the fat and carbs associated with cheese and have very few calories. A thin slice lean turkey ham (talking 1/2 an ounce) instead of the real deal and I think I got this. Keep my chicken to 3 ounces and yeah...I can have something tasty that isn't too bad for me. and I just won't make the cream sauce so I am not tempted to smother my chicken in that. I think I will lean towards lemon ginger asparagus and garlic parmesan cauliflower. And half a whole wheat roll.

Dessert will likely be WS lemon pudding, because that stuff is divine, but only if I complete my hour walk first.

Yeah, I totally got this today!

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” ~Anthony Robbins

Last edited by zoesmom; 01-29-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #150  

Thank you, zoesmom.
Quote:
2 days of 30DS one day cardio, 2 days of 30DS and one day cardio then a rest day
makes sense to me.

I did an hour on the treadmill this afternoon. I have been trying to drink my water with lemon today,because I roasted green beans last night and I think the sea salt did me in.(So good,but I never eat salt).

I went out running errands this morning,so I skipped my morning snack.This rest of the day has been pretty good.

How is everyone else doing?
Closed Thread