Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:23 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 296/269/160

Height: 5'10"

Awesome Nicole!!! You are really doing fantastic!!! Bringing those huge salads was great thinking and making healthy choices when you did eat our paid well at the scale. Excellent.
StacyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #92  
Southside White Sox Fan

Great job, Nicole! Planning pays off for you. I'm happy for you.

I'm doing okay this week but have lost faith in the program. I'm entering my food in fitday and I am still coming up way too high in carbs.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 216/208/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies!

I had been thinking about joining Jenny Craig for awhile and after reading some of your posts, I felt inspired so I joined yesterday.

I really hope this works for me. I have lost and gained the same 10 pounds more times than I can count so I really feel like I need a program that will help me stay focused.

It sounds like you ladies have done great on Jenny Craig. I hope it can do the same for me.
EmilyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/160

Height: 5'11

Jenny craig really is a great program. the only down fall is that youre always relying on frozen meals so if you have a vacation or something coming up, its good to get the dining out guide and it takes a little extra planning. However, i really do recommend it. ive never been able to stick to anything, I think that the responsibility of having a weigh in every week helps a lot. its also very inspiring to watch the numbers drop every week. it makes me excited for the next week instantly! good luck i hope you like it! what kind of food did you get? most things are good, but there are somethings... i wouldnt recommend lol.
xpinkglowx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 296/269/160

Height: 5'10"

Welcome Emily! I hear you about loosing the same 10 lbs. over and over and over. I have been in that self-defeating cycle for a few years and I am hopeful that JC will help me get out of that pattern.

Tonight I went off plan, however, I would not say I was bad. I went to the store today and read labels until I could find a spaghetti sauce that did not have sugar. I made meatballs, sauteed some onion, red pepper and zucchini. I had planned to eat my JC dinner but.....I had some veggies and sauce over broccoli and it was great! I HAD to try the pasta and meatballs but the good news is I did not have much -- a very small serving w/ three small meatballs. Portion control -- whoduthunk I would do that?!!
StacyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #96  

If anyone finds that they are still hungry on jenny craig, i would recommend trying the new clasico chicken, its pasta with marinara sauce, and chicken strips with cheese and some broccoli on the side, its really good but i can NEVER finish it. i ate like 3/4 of it today and was so full my stomach hurt.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #97  

I think that you are right about the weighing in once a week. I think the fact that I know I have to be accountable for what I eat during the week will help me a lot. I'm a waitress at a pizza place so it is easy for me to eat some pizza without really thinking and then the next thing I know I've gained weight. I'm going to stick to the food they have given me though. I mostly got the food that was on the preplanned menu. I figure I'll try stuff once and decide what I like. I didn't get any of the anytime bars though (I don't like chocolate). So far everything has been good! Is there anything in particular that you would suggest I avoid?

I'm already excited for my first weigh in, although I saw in some of the literature they gave me to expect a big water weight loss the first week so I'll try to keep that in mind.

And StacyLee, it looks like you've already lost at least 12 pounds so it sounds like you are off the 10 pound rollercoaster already! Also, your dinner sounded SO good!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #98  

I hear ya about the restaurant thing. I work at buffalo wild wings.... talk about a heart attack on a plate. One thing i would say to def. avoid is any of the chicken soupatizers. the tomato one is really good, but the chicken ones have a funky taste to them... and not so good. pesto pizza is awesome, beef chow mein is fantastic. im not sure what religion you are or if you follow one, but if you follow lent, the fish and chips are really good for fridays. and youre lucky you dont like chocolate...lol
Old 03-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #99  

Has anyone ever tried roasted red pepper salad dressing? I had it at school.. and it is AMAZING. so the other day my mom made some grilled chicken in a red pepper sauce, so i mixed it with some fat free ranch for a dressing. yet again. AWESOME. i def. recommend that if you can find it anywhere. im on a mission to find it in a store.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:17 AM   #100  

i cheated a little bit.... my best friend is moving away so she had a going away party... i ate some bad food. like cream puff dessert and garlic bread with marinara. i definitely restricted myself and didnt eat like.. the whole plate like i could have.. but i still feel guilty. now im nervous for the scale. i was really hoping for a big week this week too.... also.. my scale keeps varying every day. its either 200.5 or 197.5, everytime i weight myself its one or the other.. im def. wishing for the 197... come tuesday when i weigh in at jenny, but i wish i knew what my actual weight was! 197 would mean five pounds this week... and onederland! which would be awesome... but like i said, now im scared my garlic bread will mess that up.

Last edited by xpinkglowx2; 03-29-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:56 PM   #101  

That would be great if you made it under 200! Either way you are very close. I can't wait for that milestone. I can't remember the last time I was under 200.

I weigh in for the first time tomorrow. I'm a little nervous! I ate pizza a few times this week at work but only one slice a night and it didn't have sauce or cheese, just lots of veggies (sounds gross but actually very good). I guess I'll see tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #102  

i burned 700 calories in 60 minutes today! it was awesome. however... scale is still trippin' me out.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #103  

Wow, that's amazing! What kind of exercise were you doing? Whatever it is, I need to try it!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #104  

the elliptical! i love it! it always burns a ton of calories especially if the machine youre using has different programs you can try, i was doing "interval" we'll see if it paid off or if my friends going away party really messed things up. weigh in tomorrow!
Old 03-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #105  

Wow! I always do the low setting on the eliptical. I'm going to try the interval today.

I weighed in today.. I lost 8.6 pounds!! I know it is just the first week and probably mostly water weight but it still makes me feel really encouraged and happy!