Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #31  

Oh wow KLC! This is so cool! I'll be very interested in knowing your opinions on this food. Welcome to the dark side! lol!

By the way I am one of those that ignores that whole put some food in the fridge and some in the freezer thing. I just store it all in the freezer and merely transfer the food to a plate when ready to nuke (or nuke directly in tray than transfer to a plate). It does make the food sometimes a bit watery when it comes straight from the freezer because it was fresh food that was flash frozen, however once it's been transferred to a plate, that goes away and the food is delicious.

So glad you will be with us this week!

I love DTG's customer service. They are actually very nice. I never go the salespeople because in all honesty, they are just too strange for me, but the CR people rock!

I love the breakfasts! I always allow myself a cup of milk with a teaspoon of Hershey's syrup (I just have to have chocolate milk with breakfast...some of us never grow up)!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #32  
Barb

shoot. If I'da known we were the dark side, I could'a been wearing my black cape and leather boots this whole time! lol
Well, breakfast this morning was kind of a bummer. Granola, yogurt and apple juice. I guess I got spoiled with the pancakes yesterday.
The yogurt didn't look right (ok..let's be honest here, I HATE yogurt, so I will find any excuse not to eat it) so I tossed it out and poured a little milk on my granola instead. The yogurt container said it was 130 calories, so I have about 100 to spare. I have some 100 Calorie packs in the house, so I'll have one of those for a mid morning treat. I hope lunch is better!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

Well, I didn't lose any weight last week but it's my own fault. I satisfied a few cravings and snacked a little too much. I am happy I started my work out program, Chalean Extreme, I can barely move!

Anyway, here's to getting back on track and I need to stop the snacking. On a side note, how often do you weigh yourself?
Old 02-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #34  
Barb

Uh oh....strike 2. Lunch was Spinach Tomato Melt and Peach Crisp.When I opened the package, Melt was an apt description. It was mush. I gave it the benefit of the doubt, carefully transferred it to a baking sheet, and popped it in the oven. No good, still mush. The dogs thought it was fabulous though.

Fortunately, I had last night's dinner still in the fridge. I had eaten plain salad at my lunch meeting yesterday, then ate my lunch when I got home at 5:00, so I wasn't hungry for dinner ( I snacked on air popped popcorn instead).

sooo....anywho, for lunch today, I ended up eating Soy Parmesan-[Soy Patty, Pasta, Tomato Sauce & Cheeses], and Italian Veggie Blend. It was very good!! I had read several complaints about the soy products, but I thought it was just fine, then of course, I'm used to soy, having been vegetarian for 17 years. It was very yummy and cheesey, and I felt satisfied after eating it. I'm saving my peach crisp for a snack later today.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Barb,

I will keep you posted about my vegetarian plan.
Do you add any snacks between meals? I have already started drinking more water so hopefully that will speed things up.

Mila
Old 02-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #36  
Barb

I'm not adding any snacks...but I do stretch out my meals. If there's a dessert or roll or something, I save it until I'm hungry for a snack. Twice now I've replaced things though...air popped popcorn for a roll, milk for a yogurt...stuff like that.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #37  
Barb

The Dinner Report
Soy Creole over Veggies-
[Soy Nuggets & Creole Veggies], Brown Rice

This was good...not wonderful, not amazing, but it was good. I was still feeling hungry when I finished, so I'm sipping a cup of diet hot cocoa (25 calories).
Old 02-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #38  
klc

First day report-

Had the egg with creamed spinach for breakfast. Absolutely loved it. Hoping that all the breakfasts are this good.

Ate breakfast late, and got tied up on a remodeling project, so no lunch

Was starving for dinner (duh) and had the half chicken. The chicken was good (pulled the skin off), but I LOVED the cauliflower puree. Wish they had included a gallon of that stuff. Looking at the food, I am surprised at the relatively small veggie portions. I'm gonna get some extra low carb types at the grocery store tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #39  
Barb

I was surprised at the low veggie amounts too, especially after having done WW for so many years (lost 60 lbs, kept it off for 5 years, then gained every ounce back). I was thinking about adding veggies too, but I decided to see how I do without for now...my stomach has to re-learn that feeling of fullness, and maybe filling it up all the time to keep it happy is what failed me.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #40  

Kathy, get used to those because they are seriously delicious. The breakfasts on the low carb plan are to die for. Scrumptious omelets and the sausages are absolutely incredible (my favorite is the Western Omelet). I'm not a huge fan of quiche but if you like quiche those are pretty good. I get the Pork Chop breakfast tomorrow and that's yummy!

Barb, I'm actually relieved to hear that you are on the vegetarian plan after hearing your feedback because otherwise I was thinking what the heck! Did everyone lie to me because I have had several women out here tell me that the food on the low fat was absolutely delicious (I'm going to shift to that version soon for a bit). That if anything it was almost to good and they didn't lose like they should have been losing (a few said due to too much good food...too much bread and stuff like that). I was told the food though is truly delicious. I didn't know what to think until you clarified that you are doing the vegetarian plan which we've had almost no feedback on at all until this thread was born. Of course the Low Carb I am on has got to be the best tasting diet food I have ever had in my life and I've had 4 meal delivery plans to compare them to so far. The Prime Rib, Salmon Fillets, Catfish Fillets, Pork Chops, Short Ribs and Chicken is truly delicious! I love all the vegetables because normally you have to force feed me those. They use all these delicious sauces and the spinach they seem to give you with a lot of the Low Carb meals, is to die for!

I NEVER ate this many vegetables ever. I am eating vegetables with each and every meal and this is totally new for me. I miss pasta and rice, but I understand what they are doing. The vegetables is where we get all our carbs for the day and as it is, we are eating 60 carbs per day and that's a lot of Carbs for an Atkins based plan. If you actually click on the menu nutrition information, we are getting more carbs then Atkins would ever prescribe and even more than they confess to on their main site. If they loaded us up with even more vegetables, we would be incredibly out of balance with the carbs. I was actually thinking of eating less of the veggies to go into more of a ketosis with my body to burn more. Also I have to be honest, it's almost too much for me. Every single meal (including breakfast) comes with veggies and for me, it's a bit much at times though they make it yummy for you.

I ordered some low carb cocoa that uses erythritol so that it doesn't have an after taste or give me headache. Can't wait to get my hands on those because they use the same ingredients as those delicious ChocoPerfection bars that are outrageously priced! Anyway have a great evening everyone!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:47 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 236/234/165

Height: 5'10"

Started my first day of ediet food, (getting my first order with DTG next week-so I'm hanging out here too I'm starting with the low-fat) The ediet food tasted okay. A couple of things though...first they shorted me one of the dessert/snacks, which they are crediting my credit card $3, so that gave me a bad first impression. Then tonight when I had the chicken, spinach lasagna for dinner, my last bite had a small piece of chicken bone in it! It was about the size of a pea. Yuck!
We'll see what surprises tomorrows food has for me!
Nice to see so much activity in this thread!
TripMom
Old 02-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #42  
Barb

Contemplating Breakfast

I am just not a muffin person. This morning's strawberry muffin with vanilla cream cheese was good...but I would have preferred an omelet with veggies or something. I won't be getting a delivery next week because I'm on a business trip, so I am looking at the week after. It looks like I will like at least 4 of the 7 breakfasts, so I'm ok with that. The next week though, it looks like only 2 of the 7 will be a hot breakfast. Hey...looks like I just hit that nail on the head...that's what I'm missing...I like a hot breakfast.

So what I'm thinking is maybe I should switch to the lunch and dinner only plan, and use up all of those little black containers by making up my own breakfasts. Unfortunately, everything you read about freezing cooked eggs says "don't do it, yuck.". But Diet to Go does it...hmm....maybe it's their flash freezing thing. Still though...even if I didn't freeze them. Let's say I get myself enough Egg Beaters to last a week, a couple of boxes of veggie sausage links, some asparagus spears, some peppers and onions...I could whip up some quick hot breakfasts and stop driving you all crazy with my whining about muffins.

For that matter, Egg Beaters can even be bought frozen, so why can't I freeze my own. I could use the two compartment containers, pour the egg beaters into the smaller side (carefully measured, of course), cook up some onions, peppers, whatever and toss it in the larger side with two veggie sausage links then freeze it up. All I would have to do in the morning then is pop the portions out onto a plate (segregating the sausage with the veggies so the eggs don't run over onto them) and nuke the whole thing.

Hot breakfast, portion controlled, easy to prepare. Whadda ya think??
Old 02-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #43  
klc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgpa View Post
Contemplating Breakfast
I am just not a muffin person. ... Hey...looks like I just hit that nail on the head...that's what I'm missing...I like a hot breakfast.
Hot breakfast, portion controlled, easy to prepare. Whadda ya think??
I was smiling when I read this. After 2 mornings of DTG low carb breakfasts, I'm spoiled. I've discovered that I love not only the protein part of it, but also the veggies with it. I'm going to do a week of the low-fat to try it out. I just called DTG to find out if I could sub low-carb breakfasts onto the low-fat plan. Answer is no. Asked if I could buy the low-carb breakfasts only (the reverse of the lunch/dinner only plan). The answer was no. Bummer. Personally, I don't see low-carb and low-fat as an either/or thing. The key to me is to control calorie levels, and eating balanced healthy food. It doesn't matter that a breakfast is low carb/higher fat, as long as the overall calories are balanced. And a higher protein meal sticks with me longer.JMO.

To the whaddya think question, I think it's a great idea. Bistro is a high protein, lower carb type program, but they lean toward bread type breakfasts, so several people on Bistro have changed to the L,D plan and are doing their own breakfasts. Renita is probably the reigning queen of this and has done several posts on it. Search the bistro board for her posts (username crenita) and you'll get some good input.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:30 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 160

Height: 5'6"

My order was for the lunch and dinner only plan. I don't really like a big breakfast. Usually I have a Slim Fast breakfast bar which contains 150 calories. Do you think that would slow down my weight loss? Or, would I be better off to have a boiled egg and a slice of (40 cal) toast?
Old 02-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #45  
Barb

Remember the soggy Spinach Tomato Melt? Here is DTG's reply:

With regard to the soggy Spinach Tomato Melt, this can occur sometimes with the mail order meals, due to the freezing and thawing process. What I would recommend on this meal in the future is to put it into your freezer immediately upon receiving it and keep it there until you are ready to heat it up. When you heat it up I would recommend doing it in the oven and follow those heating instructions on our website until it is golden brown. We will go ahead and give you in store credit for the amount of the meals which is $5.76 as well as a $5 inconvenience credit for the situation. The total amount of the in store credit will be $10.76.

well, you can't ask for better customer service than that! They also offered me an option of replacing the yogurts with fruit at no extra charge. Woo Hoo!
Closed Thread