Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5

Default Nutrisystem Maintenance Question...

Hey gang...
For those of you who have made your goal on Nutrisystem or something of the like once you reached your goal weight are you still eating their food? Is this a permanent food change or do they teach you how to eat food that is not their own?

Thanks
Kimmie0270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #2  

Default Has Nutrisystem Gotten Any Better

I have tried the NS before, and the taste wasn't the best, and I reordered for the second month, but couldn't go through with it. The bland tomato sauced food got to me. I'm now on Jenny Craig, and the food is wonderful. I'm alone and lazy to cook. I don't do fast food, eat sugar or drink sodas, but I could make a package of cookies disappear. So the extra 25-30 lbs. I've put on was really hard to get rid of. I love pizzas, too, and had one a week. So far I'm in the second week of Jenny Craig. I've lost 5 lbs, but they say that's water, and this week should be a combination of water and "some" fat. By the third week, I should start seeing results. Its not cheap, that's for sure, but it IS good food. NS is on QVC and now they say that its even better tasting! I don't know what to believe. I'm in with JC until Feb. but I know I have to make up my mind to try and cook for myslef and take the time to eat properly. So if anyone else thinks that the NC has improved and they like it, please let me know.
dian1045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #3  
Tink is on The Beach

S/C/G: 240/see signature/150

Height: 5'7

I think you could learn to substitute your own food and get a feel for the serving size. I think the main thing you learn with NS is portion size and adding plenty of fruits, veggies, and protein/dairy.
TinkFreak117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #4  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

I prepare foods from the Nutrisystems Cookbook. Recipes are very easy, taste good and are a lot cheaper than eating their foods all the time. I order 1 month of food for every 3 months I am on the plan. It is available for purchase on their website. It definitely prepares you for maintenence. I lost 30 pounds in about 6 months this way. Hoping for even better results this year

Last edited by activeadventurer; 01-14-2010 at 12:17 PM.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote