Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #391  
klc

Grace, sorry you've been puny. Hope you're back on your feet now.

Renita, good going girl! Are you doing the 7 day? Do you get 7 dinners on that? You're right, the menus on TBL don't look a whole lot different now.

Trace, don't fret...I guarantee you I beat you in the 'bad' category. I went to my brother's last week (Tuesday-Sunday). I ate ALOT of turkey sandwiches (on regular white bread). Was really good about staying away from the pies, etc, but was equally bad about getting into the dressing with gravy a couple times. Did veggies instead of chips, but did munch on some regular sharp cheddar from time to time. No soft drinks or beer, but alot of scotch and vodka with crystal lite. In otherwords, stuff I haven't done for 6 months (ok, ok, except for the scotch and vodka<G>). To make matters worse, I didn't keep a water bottle in front of me the whole time like I normally do. As of last nite when I got home, I gained 6lbs!!! However, I'll tell you, it was a small price to pay for the wonderful time I had with my family...I never spend more than a nite or two with them, so this extended trip was a treat...we had a GREAT time. They're out of state for xmas, so this was our big celebration. Bistro will take care of it. I'm hoping that a few pounds of this is just plain water weight and will drop off quickly. It was amazing that I was eating some of those craving foods (like stuffing, bread, cheese) but would still get attacks of being really hungry. Today, back on Bistro, I wasn't hungry at all. I loved sharing the time with them, but I'm definitely glad to be back to my 'real life', and feelin good!

The moral of this novel, is don't beat yourself up. As we've all said before, this isn't just a temporary thingy that you're doing, it's a change in lifestyle. Despite the really ugly scales (this is the first real weight gain I've had since I've started), it was good to find out that it didn't change where I am now. I'm sure you'll feel the same way, so don't fret!!
-Kathy
Old 12-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #392  

Kathy and Trace,
This was a really nice celebration with family and worth any weight gain..... Glad you had some really good food and family time. That means more than anything as you will see later in your life. I lost all of my family 2 years ago and would give anything to have that time back.

It was amazing when I could eat whatever...... I was still very careful automatically.... ( only a few big No No's but apparently it didn't do any major damage.) you know my Pizza obsession...... well I indulged it 2x's....... and didn't feel one bit guilty Now when I was at Thanksgiving.. I was more careful but what I really wanted was the CHEESE of all things.. Passed on the LOVELY rolls, chips and dip and appetizers........ and I skipped lunch so that dinner wasn't too bad.

Interesting, my cravings were peanut butter sandwich, cheese and popcorn all pretty high in protein and fiber. so that is now over and I am on my regular plan.
I am going to be adding a few items that I make myself .
I am going to stick with the 5 day plan and try to learn how to cook something on my days off that are within the program Just got a new cookbook that is low carb for crockpot..Figured I couldn't get into too much trouble with carb stuff.
The protein snacks are what save me. I don't think I can sub out those for a long time.
Well onward we go......... next HUMP is Christmas

...... yikes.. all those cookies.......
Old 12-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #393  

Hi all! I was off track for 10 days being out of town for work and family at my house for thanksgiving. I gained 5lbs! I'm back on BistroMD and am not going to beat myself up. I started at 216; got to 210 and am now at 215.6. The way I see it, if I hadn't been on BistroMD I'd be at 221 today.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #394  
klc

I can relate to the 'if I hadn't been on Bistro' comment. I already thought about the fact that I ate about half of what I'd normally have eaten before, stayed away from desserts and chips, and still gained. It's no wonder now how I maintained that weight I carried for so many years. Glad I'm done with it!!!
-Kathy
Old 12-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #395  

Default Kathy.. I think this is where the cheesecake comes from

I know we don't NEED cheesecake but if you are like me and WANT cheesecake... I think this is the manufacture of those lovely things.
http://www.dessertsofdistinction.com
Now they are pretty pricey but when you just NEED cheesecake........well... what can I say...

. I have switched to the 5 lunch/dinner only plan..5 lunches, 5 dinners $112.45 plus shipping 24.95
reduced my costs some but it was I just don't like many of the breakfasts......I am going to try that for awhile and see how I do ...... if Ok .. it will save me a few bucks.......
Old 12-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #396  

Ok you people that own the Wii......... when I weighted in on the Wii.. it is 5 lbs LESS than on my scale.. OK I'll take that but is the Wii a better scale than the regular kind ???

I would LOVE to say that I am down to 70 lbs LOST but am afraid to hope for that ???
And it is going to take me awhile to get use to the Wii.. My balance is poor apparently and I need to figure out something to put near me so if I lose my balance I don't end up on the floor........Won't that be a pretty sight.
Well anyway, on my scale I am down another lb so that makes 2 lbs this week , but on the Wii it is 5 ..........OH wouldn't that be WONDERFUL !!!
PS... Oh well figured out what I did wrong... I forgot to put the little extenders on the bottom of the balance board....... and re-weighted and it is exactly the same as my bathroom scale.. Oh it was fun while it lasted... I knew it was too good to be true

Anyway the high protein muffins and eggbeater breakfast w PB2 make a wonderful breakfast that LASTS for hours. I am going to tweak the recipe some more to make them a little more cake like .. but all that bran really is filling.

Hope everyone is surviving the holiday rush.

Last edited by crenita; 12-06-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:47 AM   #397  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenita View Post
Grace......... I am so sorry you have had a rough week.. Being 'ill' doens't seem to get you the little reward of weight loss ..DARN.......
LOL Sometimes it does. Ah well, take the good, take the bad. This time, no INCREASE, which is a very good thing, IMO.

Quote:
But I am really psyched for you re the change in your BMI... that is another MAJOR Goal..... Good for you '
Thank you! As of yesterday's weigh-in, I'm just 1.8 pounds away from being "overweight" instead of "obese." VERY excited, b/c that was my year-end goal and I'm definitely going to make that next week. Yay!

Quote:
I did want to ask you a question. I just broke down and bought a Wii and got the Wii fit this week. Since I can't use the pool for water exercises , at least for the next 3+ months due to the temp change, I thought the Wii may add the exercise back in the plan.
Any hints on using it ? I am not a gamer so this is all new to me.. Now I do use games on the computer but that is not even similar to the Wii.....
The nice thing about the Wii Fit is that it really does walk you through exactly what you need to do. I was afraid that I was going to be totally lost, but the on-screen instructions were great and most of the instructions are logical. The cool yellow zone shows you how to keep your weight/center of balance in the right place for maximum effectiveness of most exercises. Most important is to just keep at it. I started to get discouraged at first when the thing would tell me I wasn't doing a good job, but then it was a very quick transition to doing very well at the exercises, and it just felt so good to know that I was doing things in the proper form.

I'm so glad you got your Wii Fit. You should join us over on the Wii Fit Challenge thread.

Quote:
just wanted to give you all encouragement for when the inevitable weight stall occurs.. there is a simple way OVER the hump... HURRAY
So awesome! And great perspective!! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceriffic View Post
Did anyone else just lose control over Thanksgiving? Ugh. I'm not usually an emotional eater, but family stress drove me right into the arms (er, tin?) of a pumpkin pie. And a dish of sweet potatoes. And gravy. And the list goes on! I'm afraid to get on the scale. I hope I can get back on track tomorrow. I'm slightly freaked out by this turn of events!
Hang in there. There will ALWAYS be opportunities to slip and the MOST important thing is getting right back at it and NOT turning a slip into a spiral of more (and worse) of the same. "Better choices next time." That's a good mantra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc View Post
Grace, sorry you've been puny. Hope you're back on your feet now.
Thank you. Yes. Definitely and then some. Doing the Jillian Michaels' 2009 Fitness Ultimatum on my Wii Fit and it is REALLY feeling good in my muscles 'bout now. Amazing how, even after all this time on the Wii Fit, doing DIFFERENT exercises on it can make me feel different muscles getting stronger. Love it! My body is grateful!!

Quote:
As of last nite when I got home, I gained 6lbs!!! However, I'll tell you, it was a small price to pay for the wonderful time I had with my family...I never spend more than a nite or two with them, so this extended trip was a treat...we had a GREAT time. They're out of state for xmas, so this was our big celebration. Bistro will take care of it. I'm hoping that a few pounds of this is just plain water weight and will drop off quickly.
Definitely will! You KNOW how high in sodium that "other food" is compared to our good ol' BistroMD. And I love your perspective--that it's a small price to pay for good TIMES, which is the reason for all of the celebration meals anyway! Yay, you!

Quote:
The moral of this novel, is don't beat yourself up. As we've all said before, this isn't just a temporary thingy that you're doing, it's a change in lifestyle. Despite the really ugly scales (this is the first real weight gain I've had since I've started), it was good to find out that it didn't change where I am now. I'm sure you'll feel the same way, so don't fret!!
Kathy, you're so smart and have such great perspective. Wonderful reminder!! It's a marathon, not a sprint, right?

Quote:
This was a really nice celebration with family and worth any weight gain..... Glad you had some really good food and family time. That means more than anything as you will see later in your life. I lost all of my family 2 years ago and would give anything to have that time back.
for Renita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glogarza View Post
Hi all! I was off track for 10 days being out of town for work and family at my house for thanksgiving. I gained 5lbs! I'm back on BistroMD and am not going to beat myself up. I started at 216; got to 210 and am now at 215.6. The way I see it, if I hadn't been on BistroMD I'd be at 221 today.
What a great way to look at it! So glad you're "right back at it." It's really the most important part of a long-term "diet," IMO. Being able to get back to it... that's so important!!

Quote:
I can relate to the 'if I hadn't been on Bistro' comment. I already thought about the fact that I ate about half of what I'd normally have eaten before, stayed away from desserts and chips, and still gained. It's no wonder now how I maintained that weight I carried for so many years. Glad I'm done with it!!!
Amen, Kathy. I am so acutely aware of how easy it was to keep all of that weight on for so long, now that I see my habits being "challenged" at times when patterns from way back want to emerge. Thanksgiving always "feels" a certain way, and this year it felt that way... but different. Because I knew I had created a better way of eating for myself, DAILY. And as special as Thanksgiving was/is, it was also just another DAY in my life. And I know even in making "bad" choices, I'm making BETTER choices than I would've (or DID) a year ago.

Yay, all of us!

Quote:
Ok you people that own the Wii......... when I weighted in on the Wii.. it is 5 lbs LESS than on my scale.. OK I'll take that but is the Wii a better scale than the regular kind ???
I have a Tanita scale, which is usually within .2 pounds of the Wii Fit. So, because everything I've read tells me that the Tanita scale is the MOST accurate available, I'm going to say that means the Wii Fit is pretty dang accurate, just based on the fact that it's rarely off by more than a half-pound EVER.

But if you own a non-Tanita scale, it's possible that your Wii Fit is more accurate than the scale (since those really do get "off" sometimes and that's why I bought the Tanita when I started this journey... wanted to be sure the numbers were "good").

Best way to know for sure is to weigh "something." Something that you KNOW weighs a certain amount. Take a bag of flour or rice or sugar or whatever--unopened, so you know it weighs what it says it weighs--and put it on your scale and then hold it when you weigh yourself on the Wii Fit. See whether your "real" scale is even accurate.

But yes, my Wii Fit scale weighs VERY accurate, per my Tanita scale. Totally consistent.

Quote:
And it is going to take me awhile to get use to the Wii.. My balance is poor apparently and I need to figure out something to put near me so if I lose my balance I don't end up on the floor........Won't that be a pretty sight.
Definitely pull over a chair to keep within reach. You can just lean on the back of the chair whenever you start to get unsteady. VERY important that you not hurt yourself, of course!!

Quote:
Hope everyone is surviving the holiday rush.
It's crazy out there, for sure! Had some road rage incident today on my way home after seeing a play. No idea why the guy on my back bumper was so angry with me, right up on my tail with his bright lights on, but I just took a deep breath and promised myself that it served no purpose for me to engage or get upset right back. Just kept a steady pace and eventually, he went around me and sped on down the road.

Eesh!

I just try to remember the season and be filled with peace as much as possible. Everyone is in a rush and antsy sometimes.

Better for me, usually, to just enjoy the journey. And that goes for being on BistroMD and life in general.

Wishing all of you a lovely weekend and a happy weigh-in! Mine was down another quarter-pound, which is NOTHING, but I'll take it and smile. I started doing the Jillian Michaels' 2009 Fitness Ultimatum on my Wii Fit this week and it's kicking my butt and--I'm assuming--building muscle (which weighs more). So, I've also been hungrier than usual and I'm betting my metabolism is getting ready to kick in as I continue my workouts.

I did contact the good folks at BistroMD to ask if any of the new meals might happen to be gluten-free. Christy tells me they might be and hopefully next week, we'll come up with a couple of new things for me to try. *fingers crossed*

Keep up the great work, everyone!!
Old 12-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #398  

Thanks for the good pointers Grace re the Wii and the forum Great site by the way You are always so encouraging and I look forward to your good recommendations.
...... well I tried the Wii again.. and got on the scale this am.. and POOF..... one more lb gone......
Yikes that 3 lbs gone in less than one week... The metabolism rev up the dietitian gave me seems to have got the ball rolling again..

Well I was setting my goal for 75 by year end but doesn't look like I have enough time for that but will modify that to 70 and I think I can drop another 4 lbs over the next 3 weeks if I don't go CRAZY over the Holidays......

My next 2 goals.. 70 lbs by Dec 31 and
Next Goal 100 lbs by March 1st.
Again I don't' know if I can make that all happen but if you don't at least have a goal in mind you'll never get there. I would never have thought I would have reached 70lbs gone when I started this process so I am way ahead of my expectations but you do get greedy for MORE.

One more thing I have been doing this week.. I have added another 1/2 cup of veggies to my meals. For some reason I need more veggies right now so I just nuked a large bag of 2 kinds of different veggies and then portioned them in the frig.. Each day I have added something different to the veggies to make them taste different i.e. lemon pepper or cut up a portion of string cheese and added Mrs. Dash Italian seasons. or Mixed them with some vinegar and onions for a sm veggie salad or use a tbls of no sugar BBQ sauce ; anything to make them taste a wee bit different. I crave variety.
.. Seems to satisfy me a lot...... I am always making some small modifications to the plans so I don't' get too bored with the food. I like it but some days want something that resembles a casserole.. or stew.. so I am going to see what I can do to make that happen.
Today I am making some mock mashed potatoes w smashed cauliflower and no fat cream cheese and garlic. to go with my sirloin steak dinner. These things don't add an appreciable amount of calories but does round out some of the meals for me as well as satify my carb craving.
Anyway...... its off to the store for more veggies...... And today I am making another batch of high protein muffins for my breakfasts..
Have a good day......
Old 12-07-2008, 11:00 PM   #399  

Default Starting Bistro

I started Bistro MD on Friday. I was really surprised how good the dinners and lunches were. The breakfasts are ok and the snacks other than this chocolate cake I had tonight which was delicious have been "ok". I have a bunch of weight to lose and this probably isn't the cheapest option but I'm desperate. I've tried Jenny Craig and Medifast both which were pretty horrible considering how much they cost.

If I could average a 2lb weight loss each week, I would be happy. I just have to stay focused and of course the most calorie expensive holiday is just a couple of weeks away.

Good luck everyone!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:37 AM   #400  

Welcome JenzMom
I am glad you are trying the Bistro plan. I can relate to the tried everything and nothing worked.. Well this plan does work and the food is healthy and filling. and best of all it tastes GOOD.
I have tried 4 other plans and this one is the one that I think I can stay with until I get down to what is a reasonable weight. ( and not go crazy while doing it!)

They are very reasonable about modifying the plan to meet your individual needs.. i.e leave off the breakfast and snacks or just get dinner only, stuff like that. This helps with the $$
Glad you joined us and ask questions and some of the best guides..Grace and Kathy will be able to answer many of your questions, I am sure..

Best of luck and enjoy the journey

Renita
Old 12-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #401  

So I have some questions. After being on Bistro for a few days (since Saturday), I have never felt hungry which is unusual. Is substituting their soy chips (or whatever they recommend at night) with 100 calorie pack cookies unreasonable? I like having my sweet tooth at night. Also what about the 100 calorie Starbuck fraps? I'm not sure how much wiggle room I have since they offer very little information regarding caloric intake. The 100 cal Frapp is the only thing I have to drink other than water and their shakes when they are on the menu. When you follow the diet, are you consistently losing weight? The portions seem so large, it's hard to imagine that I'm going to lose weight eating like this.

I have asked my husband for the wii and wii fitness pack but does this really work. I will say out right that I work ALLL the time so finding a lot of time to "work out" isn't the most reasonable expectation. And the thought of having to go to they gym after working for 12-16 hours just doesn't appeal to me at all. However, I thought the wii (if it's a viable option) would offer me the opportunity to work out in the comfort of my own home w/o having to do something mundane like spend an hour on the treadmill.

I have a ton of weight to lose so I hope I am on the right path. I'm not sure if it's possible but I'd like to be 1/2 my size by this time next year. Does anyone think this is reasonable on this diet? Unlike other times, I am going to try to only weigh once a week.

Well, I am off to work. I hope everyone is having a great day/week.

JenzMom
Old 12-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #402  
blissfully gluten-free

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenzMom View Post
So I have some questions. After being on Bistro for a few days (since Saturday), I have never felt hungry which is unusual. Is substituting their soy chips (or whatever they recommend at night) with 100 calorie pack cookies unreasonable? I like having my sweet tooth at night. Also what about the 100 calorie Starbuck fraps?
Personally, I would be VERY cautious subbing out "just any ol' 100 calorie snack" for the high-protein, low-/no-sugar snacks BistroMD prescribes.

The whole point of the program is to keep your glycemic index levels balanced and protein levels high. Good carbs, good portions, and none (or very little) of that high-sugar-content or refined-flour snack food that it sounds like you're choosing instead.

Obviously, you'll find what works for you, but I would choose a 100-calorie "cookie snack pack" or "designer coffee blend drink" ONLY once per week.

The 100-calorie snacks, if you look at the nutrition labeling (which is all available from the BistroMD dietitian if you can't find it on the packaging that comes to you already; also available via Google search of the brand names, I've found), are all very high in protein and very low in sugar. Splenda is in use in most of the sweet snacks.

To instead choose a high-sugar/white flour/low-protein snack (especially at night) is basically like choosing to have a 100-calorie shot of booze or glass of wine before bed. Straight sugar. Straight-up metabolism-killer.

Goes against everything the BistroMD plan is about, IMO.

So, for my non-BistroMD snacks, I choose (sparingly) a 50-calorie wedge of cheese w/ rice crackers (total calories = 120), beef sticks, a rolled up slice of ham or turkey w/ a squeeze of spicy mustard, egg whites, a tablespoon of peanut butter on a high-protein/gluten-free cracker, etc.

I would choose sugary, caffeinated, high-flour, or low-protein snacks VERY sparingly, just to keep in line with the whole point of controlling/managing glycemic index, which is at the core of BistroMD's program.

Quote:
When you follow the diet, are you consistently losing weight? The portions seem so large, it's hard to imagine that I'm going to lose weight eating like this.
Well, it'll certainly be more challenging, if you're adding Starbucks shakes and cookie packs!!!

The program--if you look at the 7-day/with snacks version--is very high-protein, low-carb, low-/no-sugar. And you're adding high-carb, no-protein, high-sugar snacks.

Not sure if one or two of those a week would derail the diet entirely, but I'm almost positive that making those snacks your choices every day would/could keep BistroMD from working at all.

And, yes, GOOD food--good quality food, high-protein, good carbs, low-sugar/low-flour preparations of those good foods--absolutely can be eaten in larger portion sizes and result in weight loss.

You'll need to move your bod at some point, but yes. BistroMD is definitely a weightloss plan that works (for me anyway).

Quote:
I have asked my husband for the wii and wii fitness pack but does this really work. I will say out right that I work ALLL the time so finding a lot of time to "work out" isn't the most reasonable expectation. And the thought of having to go to they gym after working for 12-16 hours just doesn't appeal to me at all. However, I thought the wii (if it's a viable option) would offer me the opportunity to work out in the comfort of my own home w/o having to do something mundane like spend an hour on the treadmill.
Well, I too work "all the time." Every day. At least as many hours as you're describing, if not more. "ALL the time." And I find time to get on my Wii Fit as often as possible (there was a time when I was on it every single day for at least one hour--70-something days in a ROW, in fact), so it's just the kind of thing you HAVE TO really want to do, and find a way to make it happen.

Or not! Certainly, there are people on the planet who have lost weight with doing no exercise (or doing "incidental exercises" like taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking farther away than necessary and walking the length of the parking lot, taking "the long way" back to the desk from the restroom, etc.) and just changing their eating habits, but if you are both adding high-sugar snacks to your BistroMD plan *and* not able to find time to exercise even 10 to 30 minutes every other day, I hate to say that I'd imagine NO diet plan--even one as wonderful as BistroMD--is going to be able to help you much under those conditions.

Quote:
I have a ton of weight to lose so I hope I am on the right path. I'm not sure if it's possible but I'd like to be 1/2 my size by this time next year. Does anyone think this is reasonable on this diet?
You don't say how much you *actually* have to lose, and I know people who call "20 pounds" "a ton," so there's no way I would ever attempt to answer your question until you get specific (and even then, I can't predict how a diet plan that works for me will do for someone who's adding sugar and not exercising, since that's not the way *I* follow the plan--although I do still enjoy my favorite treats and do not feel like I'm cheating myself of what I enjoy, ever).

Do you weigh 400 pounds? Then weighing 200 in a year is an unattainable goal without surgery, I would imagine.

Do you weigh 300 pounds? Then weighing 150 in a year is an extremely ambitious goal--especially if you're putting all of your hopes into BistroMD plus high-sugar snacks plus no exercise being "enough" to lose at that rate.

Do you weigh 250 pounds? Then weighing 125 in a year is not unrealistic, but I still would imagine BistroMD plus high-sugar snacks and no exercise is going to be an extremely challenging way to go about reaching that goal.

Again, having no idea whether you currently weigh 200 or 500 pounds, there is no good way to answer the question. And honestly, BistroMD is *not* magic. Even if you were to follow it to the letter--doing high-protein, low-carb, low-/no-sugar snacks AND exercising every day--you may only lose a couple of pounds per week. So, your starting weight would need to be around 200 pounds if you hoped you could lose two pounds per week in order to be half your weight in a year.

(And then, I'd be concerned, because weighing 100 pounds only... well... I guess there are some heights/body types that can manage that. Y'know!)

Anyway, I've been a "modified plan" BistroMD dieter for 10 months now and I've also been exercising. I also allow myself drinks and snacks and meals out and things that don't look too smart for the plan--but I do so in MODERATION, because I don't want to derail the overall goodness of BistroMD, which is that it teaches proper protein to good-carb ratio AND how to balance the glycemic index. Just STOPPING a lifestyle of sugar-energy-spikes (which is what you're giving yourself with the snacks/drinks you're choosing to use as snacks) is a great way to get a diet "on track" and change your metabolism.

I'm saying all of this with the hopes that you'll attempt to do BistroMD "right" (and that means giving yourself all of the best tools to succeed). You already have--in this thread, in fact--a list from Renita of snacks her dietitian recommended for use in the BistroMD program. You have encouragement from all of us, of course. And you have someone like me (who absolutely works every bit as much as you do) who STILL finds time to exercise most days. So, absolutely it can be done!!!

Getting started on the right foot will make it easier for you to stay committed. Good luck to you! And definitely keep asking questions. It's what makes this forum so awesome for us all.

(And if you end up getting a Wii Fit, come join us on the Wii Fit Challenge thread! It's motivating!!)
Old 12-13-2008, 03:19 PM   #403  
klc

Hi, don't know if you remember me, but I'm Kathy <G>. Sorry for being out of the loop for so long. It sounds like I've got the same disease as everone else... work-itis <G>.

Jenzmom, welcome aboard ! I agree with everything Grace said. And please don't think that any of us are jumping on you...we've all been there, done that...so just trying to pass our 'lessons learned' on to you. I am a late nite (10:00) want something to eat person. Sometimes I want something sweet, sometimes veggies (goofy, I know, but I love raw veggies...how the **** did I get this fat??? ...oh, yeah, may have been the cartons of dip that went with them) Anyhow, instead of the 100 cal packs, you can try several things. There are a couple sites that sell 'healthy' snacks (dietdirect.com, myhealthmanagement.com) that are really good. They have all the flavors of high protein hot chocolates, and really good high protein puddings. Either of these make a good late nite sweet attack slayer (80 cal, 10g protein). If you're craving something crunchy and sweet (I know this is going to sound stupid, but trust me), get some of the lemon chiffon pudding (or other of your choice like creme brulee), and use it as dip for celery sticks. Also, use Renita's thing, and do a hi-pro breakfast, and use your sweet breakfast as a snack. What we're all talking about here, is not doing empty calories...we've all learned that they just make you hungry, which ain't the deal.

The best part about the Wii Fit is that alot of the exercises are entertaining and fun , you get gratification feedback (get points for time spent to open up new things) and it's a great stress reliever (rhythm boxing will make you so sore, but make you feel so much better after a crappy day at work)

-Kathy
Old 12-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #404  
klc

Grace, forgot to ask. Where's the Wii Fit Challenge?
-KLC
Old 12-13-2008, 06:18 PM   #405  
blissfully gluten-free

Talking I'm Overweight

I'm so excited!

After four years "obese," I am now officially "overweight!" Yay!!!!!!!!

My lovely Wii Fit tells me I now have a BMI of 29.90 and that means I've reached my year-end goal of saying good-bye to obesity in 2008.

Yippee!!!!!!

This has been an amazing journey! I now weigh 191.8 and hope to hit the 180s before 2009 begins (seems reasonable, even with holiday yummies and parties and less time to exercise right now). Still hoping to hit 170 before calling it "done," but I certainly know I will continue to be a work in progress, and that means never REALLY being done.

Just had to share with you wonderful people!

Now, on to some replies to the lovely Kathy! GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! advice to Jenzmom. YES! That's all awesome stuff. (Absolutely right on, that we're all just seeing a ditch on the side of your road and trying to help you not drive right into it! And we know, because we've climbed out of that ditch ourselves before!! Right!)

Quote:
The best part about the Wii Fit is that alot of the exercises are entertaining and fun , you get gratification feedback (get points for time spent to open up new things) and it's a great stress reliever (rhythm boxing will make you so sore, but make you feel so much better after a crappy day at work)
So true! And even just ten minutes in a day can be enough to really start making a difference.

Quote:
Grace, forgot to ask. Where's the Wii Fit Challenge?
Oh, duh. That would be handy, wouldn't it?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146539

So much fun!

Okay, back to work. Thanks for all of the encouragement along the way. I'm so excited to have reached this goal... one of many. Yay!
Closed Thread