Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 183/160/150

Height: 5' 9"

Just wanted to follow up on my post above. My order was for 2 weeks to see if I like the service. Just finished my 3rd day. It's early, but I'm very happy with the food so far. Next I need to see continued effect on my weight (already see some but I'm thinking it's mostly a mis-weigh when I started), and then I'm definitely re-ordering as soon as possible.

I've put pics of a days worth of meals on the blog linked in my profile. Apologies in advance for the picture quality. Photography is definitely not my forte. I'll try to continue to post some other meals next week. I know for myself, I always want to see what the real stuff looks like unpacked and in real portions, not the slickly presented sample meals, so hopefully this will help someone considering this plan.

To add to the comments about price... I'm less than thrilled about the price, but a couple things to mention. A poster mentioned that you have to tip drivers. That post is a few years old and I believe that must have changed as there was no opportunity to tip for me. Also, of course there was a coupon code that gave me a small discount, and the first delivery came with another discount code. I'd suggest if someone wants to save a bit more on top of that, they should go with the 5-day plan (cook or eat out on weekends).
ddovii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I would love to try this, especially during a busy time of my life. Do they have a low carb meals option?
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #18  
made my dad a promise

S/C/G: 302/Ticker/160

ddovii - As you get more comfortable with HCC, you can reduce the price somewhat by going to a just lunch/dinner plan. That's all I've done from the start - and then I just have greek yogurt/orange juice every morning. I also do the 5 day "hot deal" plan. That gives you a bit more flexibility as well for other types of treats. I'm not sure how much the "everything" diet plan costs, but just lunch/dinner has got to be cheaper. Also, I noticed on your blog that you were struggling with which calorie level to do - I'd definitely recommend the higher one - I think the lower one is intended for 120 pound women who are looking to stay there.

Lyn - most of the HCC meals are quite low carb (not ideal protein or atkins NO carb), but in my mind a balanced low carb approach. Here's a sampling of carbs from a recent week (I think this is just for the entree part of the meal, but I could be wrong): Lunch - 3g, 3g, 9g. Dinner - 1g, 12g ,11g, 13g.
Dinners also usually include 2 sides - one starchy veggie and one non-starchy veggie.

I'm looking forward to more conversation about HCC meals with you all.
ilbnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 183/160/150

Height: 5' 9"

ilbnej,

Thanks, that's great advice.
One of the things I really like about this diet is it doesn't really feel like a diet, just good food and convenience. It seems like something I could continue for weight "maintenance" really easily after I lose the weight without feeling like I'm torturing myself. Just the lunch and dinner for 5 days would be perfect.
ddovii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #20  
made my dad a promise

S/C/G: 302/Ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddovii View Post
One of the things I really like about this diet is it doesn't really feel like a diet, just good food and convenience.
I agree with this 100% - I like to think that one of the reasons it makes eating less calories less of a torture is that the food, for every calorie you get, is filled with the nutrition you need, so you don't have lingering hunger that is really you wanting more of a particular vitamin or protein or whatever - because you're getting what you need already.

I have never eaten so well in my life!
ilbnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #21  

I have ordered from Healthy Chef Creations a few times and have to say, I love it! The food is always fresh and tasty, there is a lot of variety AND it is organic. I also love that it saves me a ton of time shopping, cooking and cleaning. Pricing is reasonable considering all that...I think it was $250 for all meals for the week.
tampamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #22  

Default Beware

This used to be a great company serving great food. Now it's garbage. I was a happy regular customer for three years, spending many thousands of dollars. In 2013 HCC raised prices twice. Then in December 2013 the company changed its packaging -- now fresh meals arrive frozen and inedible in winter and hot and spoiled in summer. Menu item descriptions are no longer inaccurate. The (new?) general manager doesn't seem to give a damn about customers, customer service or the fact that his cooks are sending out raw chicken. He definitely isn't interested in refunding your money for these mistakes. It's been nearly six weeks since my request to have four rotten lunches refunded, and I'm still waiting. Good luck trying to reach him -- he's doing everything he can to avoid you, including explicitly ignoring your preferred means of communication. ("Please email me, do not telephone as I'm unreachable" elicits a prompt call and no email.) Avoid this company at all costs.
jlls is offline   Reply With Quote