Old 05-16-2006, 11:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Default mommy needs alone time

My daughter just came in to tell me that the sunset it pretty, and did I wanna come see it. I said, "No, mamma needs alone time."

Momma would rather think about diving into an ice cream coma right now instead of watching the sunset with my beautiful daughter.

This is so wrong. I'm getting up now to go look.

Wow. She was right. There are giant pink puffs out there...and I don't care about the ice cream anymore.

Man I am a mess today.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:04 AM   #2  
Duranie forever

(((hugs))) We've all been there. The healthy thing is what you ultimatley chose, and that is progress. I'm glad you and your dd got to enjoy the sunset
Collgall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:08 AM   #3  

Marny,your not a mess. We all have days when we feel temptation to overeat but the main thing is that you made the wise choice and you didn't give in. And anyway watching the sunset with your daughter sounds a whole lot better than eating too much and getting depressed. I was always taught that the things you want the most to achieve, you have to fight for sometimes and thats how I try to look at my problem- a daily battle. 'Well done' for not giving in

Mami
~Mamita~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:19 AM   #4  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Watching sunsets with your babes is way better than anything. Enjoy they want you to experience things with you now and be with you now, I hear that all changes (not looking forward to that) --- we all have those times believe me! There are lots of times when I say, not now - or no story tonight and then I feel horrible. I keep remembering that saying... "I remember when they were so little and then I blinked". That gets me everytime.
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:20 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Marny, I think the fact that you're posting your feelings here is huge, too. It really helps to "see it on paper", you know?
You did the right thing, and you're not a mess, hon. Change that thinking around. Look at how strong you are!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:28 AM   #6  

Thanks guys. You are right and wonderful to point out the goodness. I am feeling better today, but not quite normal.

I am so thankful that I've maintained my abstinence and not given in to the food. I feel like God is holding me out of the food with His hand.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #7  

Hugs to you Marny! The important thing is that you DID get up and go see that sunset with your child I hope you are feeling stronger every day!
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:02 PM   #8  

I'm feeling so much better today. It was absolutely hormonal. Yes water, I'm feeling stronger everyday!