Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 11:35 AM   #16  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Angi - I totally identify with the "not picky" part! When I was about 8, I got in trouble for eating margarine straight out of the tub with my fingers.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:59 PM   #17  
a work in progress...

Oh dear...I just poured my heart and soul out here, and my post was gobbled!

Too late to re-write now. Suffice it to say...I went to my first OA meeting today. Feeling real good about that. I hope to be able to come work the steps here, as well as there! So far, what I've read is so familiar and therefore, comforting...because it shows me that I'm not alone.

Looking forward to this new venture...
Old 02-28-2004, 04:06 PM   #18  

Welcome, Katrina! I hope you get a chance to rewrite your post sometime soon. Bummer that it was eaten.

Glad to see you here.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:40 AM   #19  
Searching

Talking Welcome Katrina!

Please join us in our daily thread on the main forum, WE ARE SO HAPPY TO HAVE YOU!

So sorry your share was lost

Miss Chris
Old 02-29-2004, 07:42 AM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Katrina!
Old 02-29-2004, 11:19 AM   #21  
a work in progress...

Thank you for the welcome, girls...it means a lot!

As I said, I attended my first OA meeting yesterday. I later found out that it was a Big Book meeting, (which I don't have yet) but was able to follow along. I was struck by the fact that so much of what was shared was stuff that I could totally relate to. Self esteem, acceptance, support...learning how to provide these for one's self...and not relying on someone elses opinion to determine self worth. Oh, mama, I thought, I am where I need to be!

So thanks again for the welcome...you'll be seeing a lot of me!
Old 03-21-2004, 03:27 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

the first step. as i just started going to meetings, this is where i am at right now. as much as i'd like to SAY i've admitted that i'm powerless over food, i know, deep down, that i still think i have control.

reading these testimonials was really great. it gave me ideas and i could i dentify, much as i do in meetings.

i don't want to relinquish control just yet -- i still want to follow MY plan of eating (calorie counting) and i beleive that i can do it. i need to find a food sponsor that will work with me and help me plan my calories so i can surrender control and just eat what i've planned to eat.

i know i'm on my way to admitting i'm powerless and that my life has become unmanageable, but i don't want to move on to step 2 until i'm sure.
Closed Thread