Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 10:27 AM   #1  
One day at a time

Default oa support

I haven't posted in a while, but lately have come to realize i am a compulsive overeater and would love the input and support of others who could use a little oa support themselves.

Old 12-30-2002, 02:52 PM   #2  

I just made that realization too. I have no idea where to go or what to do to help this. I'll join in with you but I warn you I am totally lost on this subject. I could use the support also.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:40 AM   #3  
Peg

Hi Shelia,

This is an area I've been looking for.

I get down a lot of the time and eat way too much of the bad foods, knowing that I would enjoy eatting the healther ones.

I've been looking for work, interview and don't end up w/ the job, and then I feel terrible, rejected, etc. thats when I eat, or there are times when I have a larger appetite.

What kind of things can you suggest?
Old 02-04-2003, 12:48 AM   #4  

wow, is someone actually awake out there????
Old 02-15-2003, 11:39 PM   #5  

Hi Girls, I'm a COE. It is a hard decision to admit, yes that's me, but it is one that really helps. We feel helpless and hopeless with the admission of powerlessness, but through it we find the strength to abstain from this type of behavior. OA is the right place all right. I belong to several recovery groups and it helps.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:43 PM   #6  
a new me, I soon will be

Angry Finally someone to talk to

Finally, I feel like I am not alone!! I am not an over-eater...I have a food obsession. I don't just eat; I collect cookbooks and recipes and magazines and anything having to do with food. I love to eat, but being only 5'2" and overweight is taking its toll on my body. Not to mention my emotional state is wrecked because my mother and sister are like twigs with their vain selves. I, on the other hand, got my dad's figure--extra "fluffy"
Closed Thread