Old 09-22-2007, 05:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/166/130

Height: 5ft1inch

Default Tiredness and food

Sometimes it’s only when I log on here that I get to know how ‘sober and abstinent’ I am. This morning, I thought I was fine and dandy. Slept well, needed it, in the course of a busy weekend.

Read the recent posts, got a lot of help, made a few replies, and by the time I was done, I had slowed down enough to see that I am actually very tired.

I love to dance and hear music, and that ‘s part of the rich tapestry of life, but I also know that my current success in OA is down to the fact that I keep close to the basic elements of the suggested programme – my meals are regular and EQUALLY important to me, I get enough sleep!!!

When I’m sleep-deprived, the foodie monsters come calling, and they try to tempt me back. I don’t like them, they know I’m tired, and that I don’t have the strength to keep batting them away.

So I’m grateful to this forum. OA tells me that awareness is a tool. But I need some action too. I’ll go to my OA meeting, I’ll go to my festival too, keep my commitments, eat my abstinent meals, but I’ll curtail some of the later stuff. I’ll get home early, and not get completely shattered. If I’m shattered and tired, there’s a good chance I’ll overeat.
That’s how I used to operate. Overeating for ‘energy’. Which was actually delusional. Because bad food does NOT give me energy. It actually makes me more exhausted.
So thank you everybody for this wonderful forum. Hope you all have a 'restful'l Saturday.
searsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Searsha-
You're a making a plan for the day-- for your food, for your abstinence, for your sanity. That is awesome, smart, loving, and also a new a habit that is hard to make. You rock!

I hope that you have a marvelous day!
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:27 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Know exactly how you feel Searsha . . . . . . I'm the same way. If I'm over-tired, I'm in danger of eating everything in sight. I also have a great deal of difficulty telling being hungry from being sleepy, especially if the clock says it is not time to be sleepy. Just keep fighting the good fight, Chickie . . . the rewards will come your way.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Searsha - great realization, and I hope you have a restful weekend too!

Being overtired and overeating go hand-in-hand with me too. I have battled my whole life to be well rested (I'm not a good sleeper at all), and I find it's so much easier for me to eat well and exercise when I have slept well. I truly think I would be a healthier person in many ways if I didn't have a job where I had to get up at 6am (I am a natural night owl), but I'm a teacher, so that's the way it is.

Sweet dreams to all this weekend!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:40 PM   #5  

Hi, I'm patd a complusive overeater and new here.

I wanted to post as this thread is a good remember to me of the word HALT!

Don't get too hungrey
too angry
too lonely
too tired.

Everyone of these sends me straight to the food.

I really understand the too tired as I always think food is going to help. It does for about 10 minutes then I'm more tired than I was before.

Keep on coming back!
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote