Old 09-21-2007, 12:10 AM   #1  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Today is my 6 months

On March 20th, I called my sponsor at 7am and told her what I planned to eat for the day. And then I ate it. I've done that for 6 months, as I worked the steps and turned myself over to my HP.

In that time I've had conversations that had to happen with my husband, and we're more solid and more loving than we have been in years. I've dealt with issues with friends, and have resolved those with clarity and focus. I've finished my degree and passed my state licensure exam, a thing that was looming over me for the last 3 years, by turning to my HP for assistance and focus. I've become proud of who I am, and confident in who I am becoming. All these changes have been such tremendous gifts. I've also lost nearly 50 pounds total, but that hasn't been my goal. My goal has been getting the food out of the way, and figuring out what life had waiting for me.

The changes in my life have been astounding, and I'm eternally grateful for the first courage to walk through those doors to the meetings. I never could have done all of this, and gotten all of this, without this program and the people in this program to show me how. Thank you all for being here, and helping me to continue to grow.

Last edited by sidhe; 09-21-2007 at 12:11 AM.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Awesome. Absolutely awesome.

I'm so proud of you. I never cease to be amazed at how this program can transform us.

Good work.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Totally amazing!
Thank you,
Bumps
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 166/166/130

Height: 5ft1inch

Default Congrats to Sidhe

Congratulations Sidhe, I loved reading your post – because it shows me that abstinence is such a precious gift – when you put down the food and surrendered your COE, your life really took off from that moment. Your achievements are wonderful – and you deserve every good thing that comes your way. Well done.

You have shared so honestly about your journey, and you have helped me on many occasions when I logged on here seeking so desperately for the hope of some freedom from the destructive and deeply negative depths of my own compulsive overeating. Thanks to people like you and Marny and Bumps and everyone else, I too am enjoying the blessings of a new journey in abstinence.

So grateful this bright Saturday morning. I have a lot on this week-end – lovely stuff – in between work shifts, I’m involved in a wonderful music and dance festival. But I’m still going to my OA meeting this morning – it’s the only f2f I get all week and that really describes what has changed for me. Before, I would have blown off the meeting with so much else going on.

Also, I need to remember that social occasions are not all happy-clappy for me. The temptation to binge eat can kick in bigtime when I’m in party-mode. Logging on here and going to my meeting will help me stay close to my HP so that my abstinence is not endangered.
searsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #5  

What an encouraging post to someone new here. Thanks for sharing, Sidhe.

One day at a time.
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote