Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #91  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Ok I totally forgot about y'all during TOM LOL- I do not weigh that week.

I got on the scale and it said I lost 3 more pounds SEVERAL times then I got on new scale and it said I had not lost then I got back on old scale and it said I gained 4 lbs instead of lost 3. UGHHHHH. I am gonna drink a lot of water and see what it is like tomorrow.

In the science and health building at school they have a mini cafe counter and I was starving so I bought a breakfast sandwich and just chunked the bread. I was impressed that it was a REAL fried egg, 2 pieces of bacon, and a piece of cheese. It was really good and the lady makes delicious coffee. I am definitely gonna go there for hunger issues. Real food from a little counter...who would have thunk?

Mars- I started med surg 1 (common concepts whatever you called it). I hate the new semester because it's that darned SIP/syllabus with a million things you have to do and a million ways they can kick you out of the program. UGH. I think it will be fine because I LOVE physiology and love learning disease processes. I make myself learn the meds LOL. The intervention and assessment part are fun to me, too...like being a detective. We have a "new" student who was a previous flunk-out and I see why she flunked out. She told me not to review the procedures before lab since the teacher will show me anyway (uh, I don't want to do look dumb and unprepared) and then we had a group project due Tuesday and she couldn't understand why I wanted to divvy responsibility today (we are teaching one group of anti diabetics per group). Heifer...we have hospital orientation and lab tomorrow and that's the last time we see each other till it's due. PLAN AHEAD! I wish they would kick her out cuz she's gonna be a thorn in the side of whatever group she is in. She doesn't plan ahead or think ahead. Bad combo for a nurse.

I hope I have good news to report tonight. The local bbq place usually has a line (people drive hours to eat there) and today I drove by...no line! Well, a short line LOL. I stopped and got 3 lbs of various bbq so I will have no problem low carbing the rest of the week!
Old 08-26-2015, 10:08 PM   #92  
Bring sexy back

Hey I wanted to ask if y'all had tried chimichurri sauce before? I had it on the chicken chimichurri plate at California Pizza Kitchen (our back to school tradition). The plate is just a ton of grilled veggies and grilled chicken with this pesto like sauce on the side and the plate is like 420 calories or something...very nice and low carb.

Anyway, I had to look up the recipe and there is a lady who made a diet version and I made it tonight-tastes great. It's 1 cup parsley, 1 cup cilantro, teaspoon dried oregano, 1 clove garlic, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, 2 TBSP water, 1 TBSP red wine vinegar, 1 TBSP olive oil. Other recipes use a LOT of oil. Add salt to taste, and let the dip sit at least a couple of hours to marry the flavors.

Anyway, it's really good and all the fresh herbs must be good for you, right? It packed a ton of flavor and is a lot more calorie friendly than mayo or bbq sauce. The lady calculated it out to 18 calories a tablespoon.

ETA I did add more water to get everything mixed (I used a blender not a food processor)

Last edited by Dairy Fairy; 08-26-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:19 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Mary, I have my fingers crossed for you on your weigh-in tomorrow! I have never tried chimichurri sauce before, but it sounds really good!
Old 08-27-2015, 12:59 PM   #94  

Um, Mr. Scale, that's the wrong direction, lol! : Actually, I think I just ate too late last night. Plus, we ate at Wendy's, so there might have been a little more sodium than usual.

Week 14: High 194, Low 192
8/2--193.5
8/3--194
8/4--193
8/5--193
8/6--193.5
8/7--192
8/8--193 Carb Day

Week 15: High 194.5, Low 190.5
8/9--193.5
8/10--194.5
8/11--192.5
8/12--191.5
8/13--191.5
8/14--190.5
8/15--191 Carb Day

Week 16: High 191, Low 188.5
8/16--191
8/17--191
8/18--191
8/19--190
8/20--189
8/21--189
8/22--188.5 Carb Day

Week 17:
8/23--188.5
8/24--188
8/25--187.5
8/26--187.5
8/27--188
8/28--
8/29--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
2 eggs fried in coconut oil
2 slices of bacon
A tbsp of coconut oil
Oikos Greek yogurt with Mio
Mio water

Lunch:
Mio water

Snack:

Dinner:
Large field greens and veggies salad, with walnuts, flat iron steak sliced on top, and ranch dressing
Mio water

Today's Exercise:
2-mile walk around the track, 20 minutes HIIT, 3 sets of 12 reps each on 5 leg and hip machines and 5 waist and back machines

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 08-28-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:07 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Fairy View Post
Hey I wanted to ask if y'all had tried chimichurri sauce before? I had it on the chicken chimichurri plate at California Pizza Kitchen (our back to school tradition). The plate is just a ton of grilled veggies and grilled chicken with this pesto like sauce on the side and the plate is like 420 calories or something...very nice and low carb.

Anyway, I had to look up the recipe and there is a lady who made a diet version and I made it tonight-tastes great. It's 1 cup parsley, 1 cup cilantro, teaspoon dried oregano, 1 clove garlic, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, 2 TBSP water, 1 TBSP red wine vinegar, 1 TBSP olive oil. Other recipes use a LOT of oil. Add salt to taste, and let the dip sit at least a couple of hours to marry the flavors.

Anyway, it's really good and all the fresh herbs must be good for you, right? It packed a ton of flavor and is a lot more calorie friendly than mayo or bbq sauce. The lady calculated it out to 18 calories a tablespoon.

ETA I did add more water to get everything mixed (I used a blender not a food processor)
Sounds yummy!
Old 08-28-2015, 08:58 AM   #96  

Yay! 187 today! 1 more lb to reach the monthly goal I set for myself! Of course Carb Day tomorrow might throw it off. It's my grandson's 3rd birthday party!

Week 14: High 194, Low 192
8/2--193.5
8/3--194
8/4--193
8/5--193
8/6--193.5
8/7--192
8/8--193 Carb Day

Week 15: High 194.5, Low 190.5
8/9--193.5
8/10--194.5
8/11--192.5
8/12--191.5
8/13--191.5
8/14--190.5
8/15--191 Carb Day

Week 16: High 191, Low 188.5
8/16--191
8/17--191
8/18--191
8/19--190
8/20--189
8/21--189
8/22--188.5 Carb Day

Week 17:
8/23--188.5
8/24--188
8/25--187.5
8/26--187.5
8/27--188
8/28--187
8/29--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 eggs fried in coconut oil
2 slices of bacon
1 tbsp of coconut oil
Mio water

Lunch:
Mio water

Snack:

Dinner: @ a local sports grill with friends
Large grilled chicken salad (the one with craisins), with ranch dressing
Water with lemon

Today's Exercise:
1 mile and 2 laps, 3 sets of 12 reps each on 5 waist and back machines

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 08-29-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:03 AM   #97  

Bewildered, oh yes! I vote for you to have Carb Day today so you can have that heavenly maple doughnut bar! Unless, that is, it will affect you like mint chocolate chip cookies affect me and make you want to eat more and more and more! But if it won't do that, I say go for it!

Prairie!
Old 08-28-2015, 09:39 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi everyone! It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidaaaaaaaay! I can't remember the last time I was so happy for the weekend to be in sight....just 5.5 more hours

So far, so good with the food today....I had a small scrambled egg "burrito" with some chopped peppers this morning. For lunch, I packed a bunless hamburger with a thin slice of Dubliner cheese (my new weakness), two tomato slices and a few dill pickles. The plan for dinner is homemade chicken fajita pizza and two low-carb beers

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 08-28-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:32 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

"Chim chiminy chim chiminy chim chim churri, this sauce is as tasty as tasty can be!" I think I would like this with zoodles. I usually use jarred pesto sauce.

Jacqui, what did you have at Wendys? I love the chicken, apple, cranberry, pecan salad. DH hardly ever wants to go there. He likes to sit down and be served. Maybe I could act as his server and spread his food out in front of him. LOL We get take out once in a while.

Prairie Queen, now I have to look for Dubliner cheese. I love cheese and love to try new ones.

I have to get dressed. My grandson is on his way over to see us before he goes back to school. They are doing construction so start of school is delayed for 2 weeks. Don't want him to see Grandma still in her nightie!
Old 08-28-2015, 12:00 PM   #100  

Carol Sue, lol! That would be a sight in Wendy's! I had a plain double with cheese and removed the bun and ate it with a knife and fork and also a small chili. It's been a long time since I've had any of their salads but that one sounds yummy!

PrairieQueen, your menu looks great! I've never had dubliner cheese. Where do you get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewildered View Post
Jacqui, you go girl on the 13 miles yesterday and the weights, too! I bet you are losing inches big time with all the exercise you do. Great for the maintain after the buffet, but sorry for the newest uptick. AT least that makes me think you might be human afterall...maybe… I’m sure it will be back down tomorrow.
Bewildered, you are too funny! Because my weight is so close now to when I took body pics last time, I might try to take some more pics today and if I do, I'll take my measurements also and compare them.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:24 PM   #101  

Maybe my exercise is paying off this time! The pics look the same, yet I weigh half a lb more but my measurements are smaller (except for my fat old arms)!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 08-29-2015 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #102  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hello Ladies

Not gonna say I'm back but I have been reading here and there. I had typed a post yesterday and then my daughter came by. I hung out with her and I don't know what happened

Thanks Jacqui back, I missed you too look at you GO ... I'm so happy for you Is your kitty back to his old self now? Just read your update ... you're a great kitty MOM I love bacon. You think I could go on a bacon diet? Jacqui glad to know that I'm not the only one with the color a issue. I can do blue icee's but nothing else and I can't do green either. Jacqui, I've never seen this salad at Kroger --> Super Detox Veggie Salad. I'm gonna have to look for it.

Mars, sorry to hear about your Mom, glad she's doing better you are good and I mean good. I you on prep-ping and preparing your food on vacation. I need you near me. I can't get it right at home let alone away

Bewildered, LOL on the eggs. I can't eat them too often either. They give me an awful burpy/gas thing but I think it is the egg white only when boiled, idk. Good job on the your weight loss. Keep up the good work Bewildered that's funny about the rain and getting the car washed. I haven't washed my car since June because of the rain. Every time I get ready to go it clouds up, smh. Hope you get the much needed rain. I pick the carrots out of the bagged salads also and the red cabbage. It's too hard. However, I will eat the carrots in a slaw because they are shredded thin. Wow, 40 something degrees ... I was cold this morning with 62 but I like it better than being hot for sure hope you're feeling better now

Mary 3lbs of wings ... great way to stay on point and great job on the 9.5lbs GONE YAY for being *this* close and BOO for TOM being there

Carol, the oopsie (bread) roll is quite fragile/light. I have made some that crumble really easily and some that just tear from adding a spread. I make a large batch and refrigerate them and the moisture isn't in it's favor so I wouldn't recommend trying to freeze them. Wow on the 32 cent meal for two ... gotta love discounts

Chicky, I like that ---> Wow, when I log onto this thread the whole thing seems to be getting lighter - is that a reflection of the lbs everyone is losing. Way to go. I wish I was in the category of making it lighter

PrairieQueen

ok I've gone back a few pages actually reading backwards so my comments aren't in order ...

Me in a nutshell ... I have been eating what I want after trying to do the Military diet. My head hasn't been in the game and it isn't in the game and I don't know how to jump back in. When my day starts off good (which is just after midnight (1:30-2:30am), I manage to sabotage it by afternoon. My low for August has been 173.2. My high for August is 179.1. I need a good appetite suppressant but that's just wishful thinking. I wish there was something natural I could take to curb my appetite but I haven't found anything. Any suggestions ... I'd like to get under 174 by months end or to 174 which is where I started August.

have a great remainder of the day everyone

Last edited by love2b150; 08-28-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:05 PM   #103  
Bring sexy back

Scales are not moving down

I am working and trying but I guess the stress of nursing school does not help. I have definitely kept off
The 7 lbs from the first month but can't get progress since then to stick.
Mars I bought a hula hoop from dollar tree but it's small and I think I need larger as a beginner-againer
Old 08-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #104  

Rennie, I've googled natural appetite suppressants, but the same old advice (fiber, tea, healthy fats, water, exercise, etc.) comes up, and I'm sure you've tried them all. It could be that maybe you just need to focus on your health rather than your weight right now, like Carol Sue and Chickadeee do. If they lose weight in the process, WOOHOO, but that is not their main focus, which is just so wonderful! Forget about what you wish you could weigh right now, and instead just pick a healthy habit that you can do this week. Then maybe next week, you could pick another healthy habit to add to it, and so on. Make health, not weight, your goal! 174 on the scale would be great, but finding a way to work a walk in or adding a cup or two of green tea or skipping French fries, etc. would be even better, because those things impact your health! Plus, you'd take some of the stress off about losing weight. It's worth a try and I think it's a strategy that is working for the others, so maybe it could work for you too! What do you think?

Bewildered, I'm sorry you can't view the pics. I used the same program as before. I wonder if I'm the only one who can see them.

Mary, I'm sure the stress of nursing school is playing a part in your scale not moving. Just hang in there! Oh, how I wish I could see Mars and you hula hooping!
Old 08-28-2015, 05:10 PM   #105  

Hi Everyone, never a dull moment on this thread.

I have had a busy week at work and as hard as I try not to bring it home, it seems to follow me in my head. TGIF! My dog still has allergies, poor thing but my DH and I are going to pick up a vintage sewing machine tomorrow to add to our collection, road trip!!

I have been on plan and as some of you, numbers are not moving and I don't really think they matter (too many variables mess with the actual number) , I don't like dwelling on that, I guess I am into inches, because I feel better in my clothes and the " I feel good ' is important to me.

I am looking at getting some low carb cookbooks, only because I am the kind of person that likes to have a book in hand. And I spend way too much time on the computer all day at work.

I will probably do numbers this weekend. But other than that, just sitting back and reading the posts.

Last edited by chickadeee55; 08-28-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Closed Thread