Old 09-17-2015, 03:39 PM   #46  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Aunt Sheshie,

Hang in there and eat if your hungry. Try some beef such as slow roasted in a crock pot. That will help you get into deep ketosis. It is really satisfying. Also, I thought there was an h in Genghis.

Desirae,
thanks for getting me to think of the why I slipped up. This time it wasn't emotional at all, it was habit. When DH is off work, we are used to fun eating and I am going to have to really plan for those days. I do much better when he is at work. I may just stop eating cheese on his work days and then introduce them like a snack on his off days. His next days off are next week for three days in a row. I may count my calories also on his work days and then not count on his off days, that way I'll feel a lot less restricted.

I will be honest, I am not craving any off plan foods right now and want to keep this momentum. I did brave the scale today and have a 1 pound gain for my punishment from over doing it, plus eating off plan. But getting back in the saddle wasn't hard, so onward and downward I go.

I went and reread some of the blog myzerocarblife and felt really inspired yesterday. She was very simple in her diet.
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:42 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallyFree View Post
Aunt Sheshie,

Hang in there and eat if your hungry. Try some beef such as slow roasted in a crock pot. That will help you get into deep ketosis. It is really satisfying. Also, I thought there was an h in Genghis.

I went and reread some of the blog myzerocarblife and felt really inspired yesterday. She was very simple in her diet.
Thanks for the advice, but I wasn't really hungry, just craving carbs... & the pages of the book are plant-based... teehee... don't worry, I didn't take a bite out of the corners... I'm feeling less crazy today... planning a bunless bacon burger for lunch & perhaps some chicken wings for supper...

I love that blog too... I read the whole thing a few days ago & think I'll go through it again today &/or tomorrow...

Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:19 PM   #48  
Started 4th of July

I really understand that Aunt Sheshie,

I do the same thing, not hungry I just want something with carbs. I'm trying to steer myself to something at least not to carby when I fall off plan. Sometimes it works.....Sometimes not.

Desirae,
I have just got a book for exercising, and in the back it says goals and excuses. I like that. I need to really look at what make me cheat with eating, so I can stop it. Sometimes it is just random reasons and sometimes just habit, sometimes sadness (that I'm on a diet) sometimes gladness. Sometimes celebrations, some times just plan ole irritations. The list goes on and on. I must offer myself something else to goto. Perhaps crocheting.

Last edited by FinallyFree; 09-18-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:23 PM   #49  

FinallyFree - I really like your ideas on making the time with the husband feel more free/treat-like. I might do something like that for myself.

Ok - I must admit I haven't been zero-carbing since last week.... It wasn't clicking and I had a few too many stomach aches and I was happy to go back to regular keto. I think I was eating too fast sometimes or maybe not chewing enough? What's odd is I've been pretty much zero-carb today though. Hubby got a smoker over the weekend and made up 15 pounds of pork shoulder and have been eating that a lot since we have so much meat to get through. Although I have added back artificial sweeteners.

My weight is going up and down but staying under 155. I think I'm good as long as I am not gaining. I just lost 15 pounds and it was enough to make me comfortable in my clothes and wear lots of things I couldn't wear for a long time. So maybe just staying where I am at for now is good enough. I am just a few workouts into the program I picked out and I am happy to know i am getting stronger!

I haven't fallen back to carbs, which is nice. Although I really wanted some carbs last night, think more because of stress than anything else. Once the kids were in bed I demanded my husband spend some time with me one on one and that helped with the stress mode in my head a lot!

Well - I'm sure I'll still stop by and say hi. I may try ZC again soon, or do it a few times a week. We shall see.
desirae_nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:04 PM   #50  
Started 4th of July

desirae,

Thanks for stopping by to give an update. I am just trying to stabilize now also, I want to start heading down again, but I wobble a lot in sticking with the ZC also. It is my goal so I will keep updating my thread occasionally. I just think it may become more sustainable for me the more I succeed at it.

I did that 30 day challenge and lost 10 pounds with 3 big cheat days. That really inspired me to keep going. Plus I feel so much better. I saw your exercise thread and may join you. I think I have that same book in my library. I'll blow off the dust and check it out.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:24 PM   #51  
Started 4th of July

To Whom it may concern,

I'm switching to Medifast for a few. I'll be back here on and off. I'll probably rotate this with zero carb.....

Cheers,
FinallyFree
Old 09-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #52  

Is that low carb? I'm convinced I can't lose weight unless I do a program but it's not really in my budget right now.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:34 PM   #53  
Started 4th of July

It is a program and it is costy. But I have a lot left over from my husbands diet and we may as well use them up.

there are others that are like it but cheaper. Just google medifast and medifast cheaper versions. Sometimes you can get it a lot cheaper by buying it though ebay or craigslist. Just be careful to meet in a public place with a friend with you if you go through craigslist.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:44 PM   #54  

I have been looking for the 'easy' keto button and think I have found it with something called KetoChow, which is basically a protein powder plus other good things your body needs. You can buy it or make it, and I'll probably be making it. I just want an easy breakfast/lunch option and I think this is it. We have 60 days until Thanksgiving. Could be another 10 pounds gone for me. Anywho - guess this isn't zero carb tho.

finallyfree - will you be documenting your progress elsewhere?

AuntieSheshie - how how have you been?

I'll probably be cruising the low carb boards still and tracking my workouts on the fitness boards. Good luck to all!
Old 09-27-2015, 11:12 PM   #55  
Started 4th of July

Hi Desirae,

I'll be here, and at the carb sensitive thread and medifast and your exercise thread. So I'm all over the place. Basically whatever I do diet wise, will be low to no carb. We are all in the same camp. We can use all the support we can get, and for me it's fun to switch it up. I don't think my body minds if I up my carbs to even as High as 100, as long as I don't go to high.

I'd like to stay in ketosis though. That would mean more like, only up to 50 carbs. But I like the freedom of having a few carbs occasionally and not considering myself to be a bad girl.

Here's my report on my medifast day. Ouch! I went up to 75 carb and 1500 calories. I had aimed for 1000 calories, but I was just hungry so I ate some more protein and fat. That helped. I do believe upping the carbs kicked in the hunger. With Zero Carb, it's just a mental craving and not actual hunger or real cravings.

Today I'm zero carb and loving it. I may just check out your stuff too. Tell me how you like it.

Todays menu is:
shrimp and butter
hamburger with munster cheese
curried egg salad

Aunt Sheshie,
are you doing ok? What's new in your camp?

Last edited by FinallyFree; 09-27-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:30 PM   #56  
Started 4th of July

yesterdays plan almost made it zero carb, then I had that big desire for PB, that happens to me to much. So instead I ate some hummus for about 20 carb worth. It was wonderful. but if I want it I do need to measure it.

For 2 tbls. it is only 5 carbs and 80 calories. Pb is 190 calories and 7 carbs. I never level the tbls. Which is the only way to be honest. But I'm going to start now. Cheaters don't lose weight. Unfortunately

I am currently working on getting back to the 170 I had achieved. I'm up to 173.

Last edited by FinallyFree; 09-28-2015 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:53 AM   #57  
Started 4th of July

Ok, I made it through a day with 0 carb,,,,hope to see a lose tomorrow. I've been working my way down on the carbs. I actually didn't want any today. Yea!
Old 10-07-2015, 01:18 PM   #58  

I'm fine... thanks for asking,FinallyFree... I've been in Colorado with my mom... no Internet or cellular service... anyway, I didn't do ZC while I was there, but thought I'd start again when I got home... you know about the best laid plans, they sometimes go awry... anyway, I think I'm going to go off plan just a bit, I miss salads!.. not every day, maybe 2 or 3 times a week... the rest of the time I'll be ZC... I doubt I'll eat any other veggies, just lettuce, maybe cauliflower & celery... & sometimes avocado... I think it's something I have to do to keep from going off completely...

Old 10-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #59  
Started 4th of July

Hey Aunt Sheshie,

Well I'm trying to hit zero carb daily, but I figure anywhere near the bullseye will do. Today it looks like I'm gonna be at the 10 carb area. I found the PB jar. So 2 tablespoons is 7 carbs right there. No to mention the calories. Then I also had a little keto dessert that added up to about 10 carbs total.

The rest of the day I'm aiming for no more carbs and light on the calories. Tomorrow I will try again to hit zero carb. I'm not missing the salad. For me it's the creamy stuff. I need a back up plan that isn't as calorie dense as PB.

Glad to see you and hope you had a nice time with your Mom. Most likely your Mom would have freaked out if you would have been eating zero carb around her.

Last edited by FinallyFree; 10-07-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallyFree View Post
Hey Aunt Sheshie,
Glad to see you and hope you had a nice time with your Mom. Most likely your Mom would have freaked out if you would have been eating zero carb around her.
You got that right!.. it took forever a few years ago to convince her that I wouldn't eat watermelon because of the sugar... "no way watermelon is fattening," she said... not sure I ever got her to accept it... it was really bad when I told her I didn't want to eat wheat... almost every meal of hers has some kind of wheat product... of course, the fact that my dad was a wheat farmer made my choices seem extra-bad... I've learned just to not talk about it...

Still working today on getting my mind in gear for nearly-ZC... hopefully, tomorrow will the first day back...