Old 03-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Thought I would share. I've been monitoring myself on 1500 calories per day 5% (20g) carbs, 25% protein, and 75% fat. I am also lifting a bit and doing light exercise (in a fasted state) and consuming all my meals in a 6 hour window. This seems to be melting fat off faster than anything I could have imagined.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:25 AM   #17  

When you consume more protein than fat when doing low carb, your body can convert the protein into glucose, so it's just like eating carbs. Not sure if the books you read explained that?. That's why they recommended high fat, moderate/lowish protein and very low carbs. It's only something I have learnt recently as well. I never knew protein could be converted into glucose!.

I would also try to have as many unprocessed foods in your diet as you can. Artificial sweetners can stop you losing weight as they alter the way your brain works. Everything as natural as possible is the best way to go I think

Good to hear the changes are now working.

Last edited by SnowPetal; 03-27-2013 at 01:26 AM.
SnowPetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:41 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigrace View Post
I Have only lost about 1 & 1/2 lbs in the last 6 weeks. This is really starting to get to me because I have been keeping carbs around 40-50 (including fibre carbs), calories under 1400 and doing regular moderate exercise. I just finished reading Low Carbohydrat Performance, Jimmy Moore's n=1 blog, and Atkins' advice on breaking a stall. They advocate further reducing carbs, moderating protein, and increasing fat. So now I'm doing: 68.3% calories from fat
23% from protein
8.7 % carbs
1,450 calories max
Has anyone out there done this sort of thing ? If so, what were your results ?

I have been going through the same thing and have done a ton of reading in the past few days with this. I lost 45 pounds last year on low carb and have regained 15 of that.
I started with VOLEK & Phinney The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living.
That led me to Jimmy Moore's blog which led me to Jenny Ruhl and her book Diet 101.
She suggests monitoring your blood sugar as if you are diabetic and I am not doing that. But she has a calculator on her site that gives you guidelines if you put in your info. I found that very handy.
I am just starting to follow the numbers today and will see how it goes.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

I'd love an update on how this self-experimentation turned out after dropping back carbs, cutting dairy and upping fat...
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote