Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #151  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
oh ok...well today is day 19 for me LOL... and I am with you, I could care less about the sweets but give me the salty stuff!
ladies, your lucky that you only want the salty cause I want the sweet and the salty!!!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #152  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
My grocery store has the WF peanut butter. Haven't made pancakes so I haven't used it yet. Someone on this site said it isn't very good but I like the suggestions of using it with the WF jelly on pancakes. I have heard the apple butter is good and the marshmallow. I really like the caramel too.
YOU are so so right. It IS the little things at this point. So thanks again for the tip on Target!
yep, which grocery store do you go to that has the peanut butter?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #153  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

had to share hahaha.... just discovered that my kitty is an IP fan LOL...ok he leaves me alone with the rest but he fights me to steal my jello hehehehehe
Old 04-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #154  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
had to share hahaha.... just discovered that my kitty is an IP fan LOL...ok he leaves me alone with the rest but he fights me to steal my jello hehehehehe
That is funny! My 2 little Shih Tzu's love the jello too. Of course they will lick a pudding or yogurt bowl clean too.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Oh great Bev-- I have had bars the past two days when I never eat them usually. Just too busy and too hungry and grabbed them on the go. So now you say that you stopped eating them and lost 2 pounds!! I need to do your ideas. I have the chocolate cake and the WF caramel and I have the IP and Lindora pancakes to try so I will finally use the WF maple syrup I bought too. Need to stop the bars before they become a habit and try your ideas! Yes I do love the vanilla box drinks but change is good. AND BIG KUDOS to you on the size 888888888888888888's
Hi, Tricia, thanks for the kudos. Be careful with the IP pancakes. They are restricted. The IP ones have 11 net carbs. The Lindora chocolate cake has only 6 net carbs. I have been making my own recipe for both for only 1 1/2 net carbs each. I posted the recipes on here in the last few days.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 254/189/129

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
That story made me laugh. . .hilarious!
Anyhow, I know we are all told different things by our IP coaches, but here is what I have been told and am doing. I measure my 2 cups by mass, not weight. Also, as far as the lettuce goes, I do not like iceburg either. My coach said any lettuce is fine. I have green leaf lettuce each day and treat myself to butter lettuce once in a while. If your coach is strict about the iceburg, maybe you could mix in some baby spinach (though that counts as part of your veggie).
For the oil, there are a lot of great recipes on the recipe thread. My favorite is as follows:
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp cider vinegar
splash of soy sauce
pinch of salt
stevia to taste

It's like an asian teryaki dressing. I love it. Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for sharing!! I will have to give it a try.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #157  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
That is funny! My 2 little Shih Tzu's love the jello too. Of course they will lick a pudding or yogurt bowl clean too.
Oh yeah, Dusty LOVES Greek yogurt as well... He's left me alone with the pudding but then again, I don't like it either so I think he takes after me when it comes to taste LOL

Last edited by deinekatze; 04-06-2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-06-2010, 11:17 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Ok, I have had the strawberry pudding mixed with vanilla pudding (used half, of course) and made a shake out of it with a little extra water and ice. Holy yum! I think Jordanna talked about mixing the two, or maybe it was the orange and vanilla. . .either way, I love it. I think it is my new favorite, which is a good thing since this is the first week I'm trying totally unrestricted foods. Awesome idea Jordanna!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #159  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
Ok, I have had the strawberry pudding mixed with vanilla pudding (used half, of course) and made a shake out of it with a little extra water and ice. Holy yum! I think Jordanna talked about mixing the two, or maybe it was the orange and vanilla. . .either way, I love it. I think it is my new favorite, which is a good thing since this is the first week I'm trying totally unrestricted foods. Awesome idea Jordanna!
I love love love the orange mixed with vanilla, it's to die for!! I really like the strawberry made as a shake with a splash of vanilla divinci syrup. I tried it mixed half vanilla and half strawberry pudding and didn't like it as much as straight strawberry personally But it was still delicious mixed!!

Glad you're happy with it
Old 04-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #160  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Hope they have the strawberry pudding this week when I go. But, I really want the orange....
Old 04-07-2010, 01:43 AM   #161  

Thumbs up Weekly weigh in!

Hi everyone! I weighed in tonight and I lost 5.4 pounds...that is a total of 18 pounds in two weeks!!! I am so happy with the results...I picked up the new strawberry pudding and can't wait to try it. This is the first diet ever where I feel I will stick to it and be successful at losing the weight! Yah!! Congrats to everyone on here for the NSV's...I can't wait for the next 18 lbs to come off...

Old 04-07-2010, 07:05 AM   #162  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie32 View Post
Hi everyone! I weighed in tonight and I lost 5.4 pounds...that is a total of 18 pounds in two weeks!!! I am so happy with the results...I picked up the new strawberry pudding and can't wait to try it. This is the first diet ever where I feel I will stick to it and be successful at losing the weight! Yah!! Congrats to everyone on here for the NSV's...I can't wait for the next 18 lbs to come off...

Great Job Sophie! That is an awesome loss for the week and definitely a terrific 2 week number!!! Keep it up, you are working it well!
Old 04-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

So Friday is my official weigh in day, since I work remotely and weigh at home. I'm going to be traveling for the rest of the week and won't have time to post, not sure if there will be a scale available, I snuck a look this morning, down another pound and a half!!! On Phase 3, woohoo!! I'm going to weigh tomorrow at 4am before I head out for travels as my official weigh in and post when I get back, but I love it, I was told I might even gain in phase 3, a pound or two, but so far I'm down. I'm so excited, I can eat healthy all day, even reintroducing the fats and carbs and still lose weight. Next step, get my *** back in the gym. Not working out for the Phase 1 & 2 periods, other than walking, really threw me off my morning schedule, 6am classes, it's tough to get back into it.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:07 AM   #164  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
So Friday is my official weigh in day, since I work remotely and weigh at home. I'm going to be traveling for the rest of the week and won't have time to post, not sure if there will be a scale available, I snuck a look this morning, down another pound and a half!!! On Phase 3, woohoo!! I'm going to weigh tomorrow at 4am before I head out for travels as my official weigh in and post when I get back, but I love it, I was told I might even gain in phase 3, a pound or two, but so far I'm down. I'm so excited, I can eat healthy all day, even reintroducing the fats and carbs and still lose weight. Next step, get my *** back in the gym. Not working out for the Phase 1 & 2 periods, other than walking, really threw me off my morning schedule, 6am classes, it's tough to get back into it.
Wow good stuff Babs!!!

I'm on phase one and seem stuck LOL. Well I will blame it on my period hahaha.

Thank you for sharing, I look forward to hearing about it all tomorrow and maybe I can achieve a great loss by Friday too!

Safe Travels!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Golfmom.....my coach says to eat lettuce. I eat some each day, but not a lot. I get tired of it.
I do saute my veggies in olive oil or grape seed oil. I also use the oil or some pam to fry pork chops or chicken breasts. On both of those I get the thin cut ones. It may or may not be the right thing to do, but it works for me. I use a George Forman to "fry" burgers. I don't see what the difference is....I put a roast in the oven or the slow cooker and I do all my meat well done. I know there is something about the breakdown of the oil, etc. Honestly, I follow this diet as closely as I can, but I'm not going to get freaked out about exactly how I fix the meat. I have no way of knowing for sure if any of those little things are affecting my weight loss, but as long as I am losing, I'm happy. The diet takes some work as it is and I try to make it as simple as possible. Some on here are very strict and others are more like me. I think you have to work out for yourself how you want to be. Pretty much there is no right way or wrong way. Just your way. I think most of us have been told different things by different coaches, so we all end up with questions. This little dissertation probably didn't help a bit, but it's my 2 cents worth.
Welcome to the Forum!!!!

Well said, WyoSun!!
I feel the same way you do. Some days, I may get more veggies/meat than allowed (not a ton, but maybe 1 cup more veggie/ 1 oz. more meat). I feel that my weight will still come off. The way I see it, if I get more meat/veggie as my 'cheat' that is way better than going face first into a large bag of chips--which is what the old Libby would do!!! lol
Closed Thread