Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #136  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I had a couple of personal victories today: I have skipped having a bar for the last few days and this morning I was down 2.2 pounds from yesterday morning. Yay! So I thought I would try on my old size 8 jeans, and they fit perfectly. I can't even remember how long it has been since I wore them. Don't feel sorry for me about the bars. I have been having my own recipe of pancakes for breakfast most every morning, as well as my recipe for chocolate cake with Walden Farms caramel dip or chocolate dip on top for frosting instead of my afternoon IP bar.

Congrats Bev that's a fantastic loss and a great NSV!!
Old 04-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #137  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I had a couple of personal victories today: I have skipped having a bar for the last few days and this morning I was down 2.2 pounds from yesterday morning. Yay! So I thought I would try on my old size 8 jeans, and they fit perfectly. I can't even remember how long it has been since I wore them. Don't feel sorry for me about the bars. I have been having my own recipe of pancakes for breakfast most every morning, as well as my recipe for chocolate cake with Walden Farms caramel dip or chocolate dip on top for frosting instead of my afternoon IP bar.
WOW good for you!!!!

Man that must feel awesome!

Well I am on phase 1 still so no bars for me either...and it has been SLOW now...but then again I just got my "visit" so don't know how much that actually influences the scale now...bah!

Congrats on your size 8s!!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #138  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
WOW good for you!!!!

Man that must feel awesome!

Well I am on phase 1 still so no bars for me either...and it has been SLOW now...but then again I just got my "visit" so don't know how much that actually influences the scale now...bah!

Congrats on your size 8s!!!!
Some coaches allow restricted items even if you are on the first phase of the diet, it just depends on the coach!

My coach allows restricted after 3 weeks, but you're only allowed to have them once or twice a week instead of once a day. Every Saturday night I have a package of BBQ soy puffs because they aren't terrible (only 8 g of carbs) and it's nice to look forward to a treat!
Old 04-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #139  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Some coaches allow restricted items even if you are on the first phase of the diet, it just depends on the coach!

My coach allows restricted after 3 weeks, but you're only allowed to have them once or twice a week instead of once a day. Every Saturday night I have a package of BBQ soy puffs because they aren't terrible (only 8 g of carbs) and it's nice to look forward to a treat!
I'm afraid if I start experimenting it may slow it down more LOL

I'm ok on the strict phase one for now... just want to see more loss ...and don't we all right? hehehe
Old 04-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #140  

Quote:
I'm afraid if I start experimenting it may slow it down more LOL

I'm ok on the strict phase one for now... just want to see more loss ...and don't we all right? hehehe
I stayed 100% strict for the first month and then I added 1 package of soy puffs per week just so I didn't go crazy (I love salty snacks Plus on that day I eat light on the carbs so I stay below 30 g even though I'm having a higher carb food as a treat
Old 04-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #141  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I stayed 100% strict for the first month and then I added 1 package of soy puffs per week just so I didn't go crazy (I love salty snacks Plus on that day I eat light on the carbs so I stay below 30 g even though I'm having a higher carb food as a treat
oh ok...well today is day 19 for me LOL... and I am with you, I could care less about the sweets but give me the salty stuff!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #142  

Quote:
oh ok...well today is day 19 for me LOL... and I am with you, I could care less about the sweets but give me the salty stuff!
Ya my husband has cookies, chocolate & candy in the pantry and I could care less that it's there but he knows that if he were to bring chips or nachos or something salty like that in to the house, I'd probably tear his head off and divorce him!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #143  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Oh great Bev-- I have had bars the past two days when I never eat them usually. Just too busy and too hungry and grabbed them on the go. So now you say that you stopped eating them and lost 2 pounds!! I need to do your ideas. I have the chocolate cake and the WF caramel and I have the IP and Lindora pancakes to try so I will finally use the WF maple syrup I bought too. Need to stop the bars before they become a habit and try your ideas! Yes I do love the vanilla box drinks but change is good. AND BIG KUDOS to you on the size 888888888888888888's

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 04-06-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #144  

Height: 5.8

Hey everyone,

WOW there were some awesome NSVs these last few days.Congratulations to everyone and welcome to the new people

I am slightly freakin out. I have never cheated in the 5 weeks doing IP except for the two small cubes of cheese on Easter. I test my ketostix everyday and for the most part Im deep in the purple. Today I am showing only a light pink..Am I going out of ketosis? What could cause that? Im freaking out at the thought of losing ketosis and having to go back to the horrid 4 days at the start of this diet.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
well, I just got back from the dr. I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 30 LBS. TODAY!!
you can tell I'm just a tad bit excited!!! As soon as I left I went to the tanning bed and got my tanning package! Now as Jordanna would say, on to the next 10 lbs! Thanks to all my I.P. peeps for your awesome support!
Way to go, fluffymama!! That is awesome!!

I had tanned a few times up until last week. It is sooo relaxing. I was only going to do it a few more times, but now I can't do it for a whole month. I have a confession to make Last week, after my 5 weigh in and I had lost 25 pounds, my two friends drug me 'somewhere' and paid to get my navel pierced Crazy, huh? My stomach is actually flat, it's the other parts that need fixing. Anywho, I can't tan for 4 weeks from that time now.

Make sure that you shift a little to the left or right in the bed once in a while. Otherwise, you might get the bulb lines down your back. Unless of course you are using the stand up kind. Either way, enjoy
Old 04-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 233/224/175

Height: 5'11"

Default Howdy!~

Day 24

I haven't really introduced myself here yet, so here goes! I'm Nicki and I started IP with my husband last month. We had both gained about 60 pounds each since we got married 3 years ago and finally decided enough is enough! My husband has MS, and I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes (go figure). We have four kids ages 7-10. (We didn't plan it that way ... I had two and divorced; he had two and divorced; then, we got married!) So we figured we better start taking care of ourselves so we can have the energy to keep up with our brood plus set a good example for them.

Since we started IP, I have lost 16 lbs and my husband has lost 12 lbs. He struggles with it a lot more than I do. (Yesterday he had a piece of his son's birthday cake!)

We are both having problems with constipation lately (eww!), but I don't drink nearly enough water or eat enough vegetables.

Anyway, it's nice to "meet" everyone. Looking forward to having a little support from others on the same plan!

Old 04-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #147  

Default Missing my soup

I thought I was tired of the soups, after having it everyday at work for lunch, so I didn't get any last week. Instead, I bought a box of chocolate pudding. I thought, "How cool is that? I can have a chocolate shake for lunch!". Well let me just say, I really miss my mushroom soup I'm surprised how much. It's comforting and filling and now I am sick of my chocolate drink I like the chicken soup too, but it does seem way too salty.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #148  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
yay! I'm so glad you found the ketchup! It's the little things, ya know? I look everywhere for walden farms peanut butter but can't find it! I know I would be so excited if I stumbled upon it!!
My grocery store has the WF peanut butter. Haven't made pancakes so I haven't used it yet. Someone on this site said it isn't very good but I like the suggestions of using it with the WF jelly on pancakes. I have heard the apple butter is good and the marshmallow. I really like the caramel too.
YOU are so so right. It IS the little things at this point. So thanks again for the tip on Target!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 04-06-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #149  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKNOO View Post

Day 24

I haven't really introduced myself here yet, so here goes! I'm Nicki and I started IP with my husband last month.

Welcome, Nicki! I look forward to getting to know you better on this exciting journey
Old 04-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #150  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
sophie32, good luck on the weigh in, can't wait to hear back. Also, I have sauteed my veggies with cooking spray, but more often I roast them in the oven with cooking spray and some seasoning. I usually roast them at 400 degrees for around 10-12 minutes. They are fantastic that way!
I will let everyone know how I did...going to my weigh in very soon!! Thanks so much for the excellent idea for the veggies!!

Thank you to everyone for the awesome feed back, I really love this forum!!
Closed Thread