Old 02-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #1  
Get Phlip ready to flip!

S/C/G: 165/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Sandwich Ideas

So, I eat sandwiches 1-2 times a day: they're simple, fast and portable. Unfortunately, I have yet to come up with good alternatives to pb&j: I need something that doesn' spoil quickly, has a source of protein and won't give me bad breath (I social dance at least 4 days a week). Any ideas for me?
swingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:10 PM   #2  
LLV

A source of protein that doesn't spoil quickly. As you already mentioned, all I can think of is peanut butter.

I don't know if this will help or not, but a lot of times instead of bread, I make my sandwiches into 'wraps' by using whole wheat or spinach tortillas. Yummy!
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:29 PM   #3  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

sandwiches I eat
1: wholewheat bread, lowfat mayo skimmed on both, lil grated medium fat cheese and 'less than 5%fat' smoked wafer thin ham inside a toastie bag and popped intot he toaster for a min. thats like 227 kcals
2: wholewheat bread with salmon(the canned type) nothing else or maybe lettuce if I have it.
3: Tuna and low fat mayo(mixed first, if have sweet corn add that too) in wholewheat bread
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:54 PM   #4  
Losing for Life!

here is a link to a site with 23 low fat sandwich ideas:

http://www.interlog.com/~john13/recipes/lowfat_s.htm

here is a lunch idea link:

http://www.recipelink.com/lunch.html

Also good to do is freeze a bottle of water to keep your food from spoiling and you drink the water sometime through the day.

I hope these give you some ideas!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #5  

Any other nut butter (almond, cashew, etc.) plus bananas or raisins

Sliced "fake" meat (soy turkey, soy ham, etc.) plus lettuce, ff mayo, mustard and lettuce/tomato

Tofu, mashed to be made like egg salad.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:12 AM   #6  
Get Phlip ready to flip!

Thanks for the ideas, I really appreciate it!
Old 02-24-2006, 11:32 AM   #7  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

My favourite sandwich right now is shaved turkey breast on whole grain with shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced avocado and light mayo.

So good. Sooooooo goooooooood!!
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:08 PM   #8  
Get Phlip ready to flip!

heehee, probably should have mentioned that I'm a veggie any veggie or fish ideas?
Old 02-27-2006, 02:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Some sandwitches I love:

Greek salad Sandwitch:
2 slices wholewheat bread, 2 tbsp cumbled low fat feta cheese, slices of cucumber, tomato and onions (optional), 1 tbsp of sliced black olives, 1 tsp of olive oil. Spread cheese on bread, drizzle wit olive oil, add veggies and olives. enjoy.

Grilled Veggie Sandwich:
2 slices wholemeal bread, sliced grilled veggies (eggplant, zucchini, green pepper, tomatoes), 2 tbsp fat free mozarella cheese, 1 tbsp canned pasta sauce. Spread pasta sauce on bread, add veggies, sprinkle with cheese, broil and enjoy.

Indian style wrap:
1 medium wholewheat pita bread, Chicken breast sliced and stir-fried with 1 tsp of cummin and 1/2 tsp curry powder and some salt ( you can use tofu as well ) , cucumber chopped, 2 tbsp low fat plain yoghurt mixed with a dash of dried mint leaves. Add chicken to center of pita, add the cucumbers, drizzle with the youghurt, wrap and enjoy.
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #10  

That is pretty hard since you dont eat meat, i was going to suggest turkey sandwiches. Could you do something else besides sandwiches for lunch or is that just the easiest because its so quick?
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:00 PM   #11  
Run Forest Run!

My favourite right now is wholewheat pitta bread with a flavoured hummous (like red pepper hummous) and packed with lettuce, rocket, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and olives. It delicious!
bone idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:16 PM   #12  
Get Phlip ready to flip!

I've been sticking to the pb&j because: it's quick, it's vegetarian, it/it's components doesn't/don't go bad quickly, and it doesn't make my breath stinky for when I have to dance but don't have time to go home and eat.

That's why I've got this dilemma: I love hummus, but it definately gives me stinky breath. I love cheese sandwiches, but I want veggies on them, and they go bad too quickly.

Being so busy is fun, but it does cut out alot of my food options!
Old 02-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #13