Old 01-31-2006, 05:25 PM   #16  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowOrNever!
Linda, I miss my ovaltine! I used to have a glass every night--actually, I suppose I could still do that and might once in a while. There are times when I just crave a big, tall glass of cold milk too!
Yep, you sure can, have it once in a while if you want it. I've got the malt flavored Ovaltine and sometimes I'll occasionally drop a tablespoon or two into my milk just for the flavor.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:42 PM   #17  
Marathon Goddess

I drink organic skim milk, I love it.
happytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:23 PM   #18  
ugggg.....

Light Vanilla Soy milk for me--didn't like it any soymilk at first but it has grown on me.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:34 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I can't do very much dairy so I use no fat soy milk and really only on cereal. I hardly ever drink my calories if I can help it.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 08:47 PM   #20  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

When my daughter was small, the dr advised me to change her from regular milk to 2% due to constipation. Thats all I buy now. Im not a milk drinker but when I do drink it, I add a little SF chocolate syrup to it.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:45 AM   #21  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I grew up on 2% (semi-skimmed) and then changed to fully skimmed about a year or two ago, it's fine and I don't notice the difference. However if I'm running low on fat for the day I'll make my protein shake with whole milk (3%), just for the yumminess of it!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:01 AM   #22  

I only drink light soymilk, but I buy organic skim milk for my husband. I chose soymilk for myself because the thought of drinking milk from another mammal grosses me out (and also because I'm vegan), and organic skim milk for my husband because the company we buy from uses no growth-hormones and they treat their cows more humanely than most dairy farms.
incendiary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #23  
Lost in NY

I don't ever drink milk really. Like once a year I get a desire for some chocolate milk. I only really use it on cereal or oatmeal, or in lattes. I only use skim milk. I think that's all I've ever used. I do like the "skim plus" products because they're a little creamier...from what I understand they take skim milk and add milk solids (like powdered FF milk) to give it a better consistency.
NYRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:33 PM   #24  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I grew up drinking Skim so that is what tastes "right" to me. I don`t drink milk very often though because I only really crave it with sweet things and cereal and I try to stay away from both of those.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #25  
LLV

I tried soy milk and about lost my cookies. I love soy foods, but I can't do the milk thing.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:12 PM   #26  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

I'm a slow & infrequent milk drinker--so usually I buy organic low-fat because they have a longer shelf life than the conventional ones (usually by a few weeks). I also drink soy, which also has good shelf life.

I never got used to the idea of skim--too watery, I need a bit of milkfat in there! That aside, the calorie savings from skim and 1% lowfat aren't that substantial in the long run---at least not substantial enough to justify the big difference in taste!

I used to do lattes too... but found out I can live with americanos (espresso + water) with just a splash of milk, thereby saving me 100-300 calories (depending on coffee size) ---not to mention a buck or two (americanos tend to be cheaper than lattes).
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:27 AM   #27  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I was raised to drink milk with basically every meal, and when I was really little, we always used whole milk. Then my mother began dieting, and we switched to 2% and then eventually to 1%, but my father could not stand skim, so we stuck with the 1%. Now, I don't drink milk with every meal anymore, but I still really like it with dinner sometimes, and I only drink skim. To drink whole milk tastes waaaaay too heavy and creamy to me
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:11 AM   #28  

We purchase organic reduced fat here.. the organic stuff tastes much better, and no nasties.
Marianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I drink skim milk usually, sometimes the carb countdown stuff (choc or plain are both good) or light vanilla soy milk. I also can't stand the creamier milks-yuck! but I sometimes buy the fat free plus milk that is supposed to taste more like 2% because my boyfriend likes that. it's still 80cals for a cup so no biggie.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:31 AM   #30  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

The thought of milk makes me queasy...when I was in kindergarten the lunch monitor ladies always forced me to drink my milk. I never did like the taste of it so I always tried to avoid it when I could. By the time they caught me not drinking it, I had already finished my lunch. They basically forced me to drink the lukewarm milk and I did this every time. I got to go home early alot in those days

Still, if I must drink milk these days, I only do skim and either buy the Lactaid brand or must take Lactaid pills to help with my lactose intolerance. It's weird that this only happens with milk--not yogurt or ice cream which i can eat lots of. I've recently discovered light vanilla soy and am loving it, but by far my favorite is Chocolate Silk soy milk
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote