Old 08-08-2005, 09:10 AM   #16  

BTW again..after I ordered these online I found them at my local food lion..Also ordered the chocolate sauce, choc. dip, and the marshmallo sauce, bbq sauce and cant recall what else.
slimcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:04 PM   #17  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I don't use dressing on my salad
But if your pouch can handle it how about chopped up eggs/Egg whites
and some RF shredded cheese
Not to be nosey but should you be having salad this soon after? My sis couldn't eat salad for about a year or so after hers
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:51 PM   #18  

It's not for salad. It's used to give food some moisture/taste. It was recommended at one of our support groups. I am fairly certain that it's a safer alternative than gravy.
Stevie Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:53 PM   #19  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcharm
He did not mention the Thousand Island dressing but two other Walden Farm ones..I think a vinegarette and honey dijon?..not sure I will check, cant recall as I ordered a variety.
Regardless I am opening my next bottle soon.
I was kidding about my brother in law..he is wonderful! I tried the Thousand Island several times..Its AWFUL! I threw it in the trash.
Yeah, I use the vinagarette styles (tomato basil and italian) and the honey dijon. I believe the thousand island and ranch are the only two creamy ones I've tried. I don't recall what it was about the TI, but the ranch is totally bland. It's like a watered down mayonaise...no flavor at all. The dijon, tomato basil and italian however are all fairly good. I guess it's harder to imitate the fat taste in the fattening creamy dressings without losing something in the translation.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:15 PM   #20  

Ok I just tried the marshmallo dip. Not sure what I expected..maybe something that tasted like marshamallos..Not sure how to describe this..its kinda sweet, but not that good tasting..passable.
I made a graham cracker treat and put it on the treat..which wasnt quite the treat I had in mind once the white marshmallo froth went on it.
Me thinks this may find its way in the trash along with the thousand island dressing..yuckums!

Last edited by slimcharm; 08-18-2005 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:46 AM   #21  
Raawwwwr.

I bought the Alfredo Sauce (I mean, ****, if it's terrible, it's only four bucks - and if it's good, hurrah! :-D )

It's not *bad*, exactly - I mean, I eat a few spoonfulls (tsp.) over my pasta occasionally, but I usually make a sort of ghetto-carbanera: the Walden alfredo, some whole wheat pasta, some bac-os (ah, the diet of a college student)

It's not as good as the 'real thing,' but I can't complain: i put a little shake of parmesaen on it, and it does the trick for me.
konstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 10:56 AM   #22  

Yeah what can we expect for 0 calories...! Not a picnic for sure. I would not purchase the mallo dip again.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:37 PM   #23  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

I've tried the Walden Farms Bacon Ranch, French and Ranch so far. Did not like the Bacon Ranch, but the French and Ranch aren't so bad. I've found they taste best if you use only a small amount.
I've tried the Maple syrup too. Not much flavor so I usually just use jam on pancakes and skip the syrup.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:28 PM   #24  

Maybe the maple syrup would be good warmed..thats next for me to try. I tried the honeydijon dressing and it was good enough to buy again..though not delicious.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:55 PM   #25  

I'm with Mrs Jim on the recommendation for Girard's Light Champagne vinagrette - it is really good. I also like their fat free spinach salad dressing. It's pretty sweet but I love it over fresh spinach salad with sliced strawberries in it.
susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 250/144/125

Height: 5'5.5"

I've tried the caesar dressing, it wasn't that good..

Their apple butter is amazing though! I've come up with the best recipe with it--tastes just like apple crisp. It works out to about 1.5 points if you follow Weight Watchers, and its soooooooooo good.

Janice's Apple Crumble

Ingredients:
- 8 Breton Mini Honey crackers
- cinnamon
- 1/2 apple
- 1 tbsp Walden Farms apple butter
- liquid sweetener

Directions:
Crust
1. Place crackers in ziploc sandwich baggie and crush them up.
2. Put cracker crumbs into a small bowl, mix in desired amount of cinnamon.
3. Press mixture evenly into the bottom of the bowl.
4. Drip liquid sweetener over mixture until mostly damp.
Filling
5. Peel and chop apple into small pieces. Place in separate bowl with 1 tbsp apple butter.
6. Stir mixture, then microwave for about 1 minute.
7. Pour apple mixture over crust. Serve and enjoy!
killingjanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:39 PM   #27  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I found that a decent rice or rice wine vinegar is mellow enough to use all by itself (plain or seasoned), or with a little artificial sweetener. If you see several brands pick the one with the lowest percentage acidity.

I've also used packet dressings (ranch, garlic, oriental...) with just the rice (wine) vinegar and a little water.

Colleen
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:09 AM   #28  
Egy Kis Lany

Before I joined this forum I bought the Walden Farms 1000 Island and used it once. It was so awful. I would much rather have a plain (no dressing!) salad than one that tastes bad. *shudder*

I haven't thrown it away yet, though. The penny-pincher in my argues that it cost me 4 bucks (or something really high like that!!) and that maybe I'll like it some day, so I should save it? No wonder my fridge is full...
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:30 AM   #29  

Throw it out. Life is not worth eating lousy food. Not worth the calories even if they are zero.
I got around to trying the chocolate dip..well lets just say it ain't Godiva. What I am doing is putting a bit in my espresso cup and adding espresso and I get a little taste of chocolate and it works fine there.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:07 AM   #30  
Egy Kis Lany

Well, I've got a move coming up in 4 weeks now, so I guess that will be the perfect time to clean/clear out things that I won't want...
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote