Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 08:30 AM   #76  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Thanks everyone! I'm in my 5th week now, so I'm really early in this No food aversions or cravings. I'm trying really hard to follow the diet that is recommended for pregnant women but I have no clue how I'm supposed to do that and ONLY eat 300 extra calories per day. I'm going to post that question in the Pregnant/Nursing forum.

Magz - I was busy with the Olympics too! I used to take gymnastics when I was younger (for about 13 years) so I was really into that. I also watched the rhythmic gymnastics, diving, synch. swimming, and a little of the swimming.

lizzy - I maintained for a few months without even journaling. After you are following your new lifestyle for so long, it becomes so routine that you can't help it!

Faerie - Have you read The Dark Tower series? Its high up on my list of things I want to read!
Old 08-25-2008, 08:48 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Chey--Yes I will be going full time (19 credit hrs-eek!) and still be working as a nanny. I work 12 hours a day so needless to say I will have no free time between the two! I'm taking my courses online this year so it makes it easier to do but the work is twice as hard! Luckily only one more year.

I have to agree with the you all that funnel cakes are sooo good! When I lived in Italy the kids grandmother made them from scratch, weekly. We always had this huge bowl of funnel cake to eat...I'm so glad I'm not there now or my WW would be out the window.

shrinkinglizzy-thanks! I would def say to go to the meetings! My meetings are full of people not in my age group and yet they still motivate me and are so helpful. I look forward to my meetings because I learn so much there. Maybe you should give it a try? If you don't like it don't go back!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:11 AM   #78  

Height: 5'7"

Meagan - Criminology sounds really interesting! So you will be working with lawyers? I think of criminology when I think of detectives, Sherlock Holmes sort of stuff. Sounds intriguing! Where did you live when you were in Italy? I stayed in Florence for a month... A month was NOT enough!

Mod! That's awesome news! Congratulations!! So does this mean your disney trip is off?

BB - Great to see you again, glad you are still having success on Core. I hope you found the answer to your question!

Magz - So, what are you reading now that the Olympics are over?

Sonja - Meeeeeetings! I love meetings. I recommend meetings. Go to meetings. That's awesome about your new roommate - surely a healthier living environment than the previous one, no?

Okay, so apparently I spent the weekend on a stair climber. And when I got off to take breaks I would do weighted squats. And because that wasn't enough, I decided to bench press my weight. My other theory is that I spent the weekend in a Road Runner cartoon, of course as the coyote who gets crushed by the anvil, flung into cliff walls, blown up by packages of ACME dynamite.

Point being, I am sore. I slept for 11 hours last night - it was the best I could do to finish moving, have dinner, and fall into bed. And this morning I wake up with an awful sore throat, the kind that is usually a precursor to a cold. Blaaaargh!

But, good news is we are totally moved in to our new place, which is awesome. We have no regrets and are already loving the space and the hardwood floors and the HUGE windows. The cats are not loving it so much. They are freaked out and pissed off at us. They don't take to change very well, something about being abandoned and mistreated and kept at the shelter in a small cage for six months. They'll come around, but for now they are camping out under a sofa chair. We know they're alive, though, since suddenly this morning the food was gone and the litter had been disturbed.

But now, work. I have to get at least two projects done this week, the boss is putting the pressure on us this week since we've had two slow weeks and next week is shortened. I'll have to see what I can do.

Later taters.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:46 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 250/199/150

Height: 5'2"

Man a funnel cake sounds good! I think it would be worth splurging just once. Yummers!

SL, good luck with the meetings if you decide to go! I really miss going!

Mod, I think those diets are overrated . Just my opinion of course. I pretty much ate like I normally would. I wasn’t doing WW then though. A few friends have just added the points for the nursing moms then added another serving of dairy. I think one of them asked her ob how many calories she should add then converted that to points.

Jaime, I’m reading Head to Head by Linda Ladd. It’s set in a town about 45 minutes from me so that’s pretty cool.

Yay for being totally moved! What a chore. Your kitties will come around. Or they won’t . Cats are crazy creatures.

I stayed within points yesterday! It helped that I earned 8 activity points, but whatever LOL. I only used 3 of them so that’s fine. I usually try not to eat them because it’s so hard to figure out exactly how many I earned. I have 11 left for today with tacos for dinner. I shouldn’t have any problems staying OP today also!!
Old 08-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #80  
WWs Member (Goin4Goal)

S/C/G: 265/250.8/145

Height: 5'5.5

Hello everyone. Flexie here!! I'm new to 3FCs and I am loving it already. I normally go to Sparkpeople and also The WW.com boards but the WW.com boards can get pretty crabby. I am so happy I found this sight again.

Last edited by Krysydawn; 08-25-2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Double checking..
Old 08-26-2008, 08:05 AM   #81  

Good morning ladies! Boy was I exhausted last night! I went to bed just after 9pm. Guess I should start getting used to that

Jaime - Nope, the trip is still on! It just means no roller coasters or anything like that. There isn't actually a WHOLE lot of rides I can't go on. But of course they are all the BEST rides Congrats on your new place!

Magz - I haven't been journaling or counting points for a while now (a couple of months) but I've still been able to maintain just fine. I'm just planning on continuing on like I have been and adding the extra 300 calories a day.

Krysydawn!

Last edited by modkittn; 08-26-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:10 AM   #82  

Height: 5'7"

Magz - Yay for being OP!

Krysydawn - I hear that a lot about the WW boards. I hear some people are less than friendly over there too. We are always happy to have new converts Jump on in and start posting where ever you feel comfortable!

Mod - Hm, I go to bed just after 9pm and I'm not pregnant

Well, we got our kitchen totally unpacked last night, thankfully. Most of the bedroom is unpacked as well. The office and the living room - total disaster areas. Our kitties decided to make an appearance last night, and one of them (Thor) actually hung out for quite a while. He's the more well-adjusted of the two, so that's not too surprising. His brother Loki came out long enough to use the litter and get a couple pets, then ran back under the sofa chair...

Stepped on the scale this morning out of curiosity and boy, moving does NOT do good things to me. I'm showing +3lbs since Saturday! But I'm sure a lot of that is water - ate out all weekend and my muscles are still sore and probably holding water from the move. I'm back on track today now that I'm feeling better and have my kitchen back.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 08-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #83  

Krysydawn - Oh yes, I NEVER go on the WW.com boards for that very reason!

Jaime - Well I normally don't go to bed until 10:30 or so. Sometime around 8:15 or 8:30 last night I was SO exhausted that I felt like I was just going to pass out! So thats REALLY early for me I love your kitty names! I'm sure that it is just water weight. Remember to keep drinking your water and if you need to eat out (although you shouldn't now because your kitchen is unpacked, right?), just try to make healthy choices.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Good morning guys!!

Mod -- gosh I wish I had some kind of advice for the preggers thing, but i have no idea. I'm sure if I ever get there, I'll feel totally overwhelmed with competing theories about the best thing to do. Good luck sorting through it, and I"m sure the boards here will help!!

Meaghan -- phew, 12 hours a day? I used to nanny, and yesterday I spent the day with the kids, filling in while their new nanny is out. Maaaaaan, they wiped me OUT. How many do you take care of? How old?

Jaime -- good for you on the move!! I have to get on that in the next few days, and haven't even begun to pack...

Krysy -- so weird about those WW sites, isn't it? I used to post there, years ago, before discovering 3FC, and thought they were fine. But now, in comparison to here, I just get such an unfriendly vibe. I can't figure out why that would be, but I'm glad I found a place over here! Welcome, by the wya!!

Magz -- yay for staying in points!! earning 8 APs is A LOT!! good for you!!

I'm on the job hunt today, feeling like a 27 year old adolescent, not sure what I want to do with my life and all that whiny jazz. I'm off to take a shower, and get started on the whole thing. Wish me luck!

S
Old 08-26-2008, 04:55 PM   #85  

Jaime, yay for an unpacked kitchen! I'm sure those 3 pounds aren't going to hang around long.

I would love to go to bed at 8:00 every night. I have to be at work at 4:00 am so I get up at 2:45 ish. Some nights I barely get 4 hours of sleep. Sometimes I tell everyone to live without me and go to bed when the boy does (he's 3) between 7:00 and 8:00.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #86  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Hi Flexers

Mod – I read the Dark Tower Series a few years ago. I love it. I honestly believe it’s some of Stephen King’s best work. I’d never really been a fan of his, but he’s truly an amazing storyteller. And his fantasy is wonderful because it was something completely new. Something that didn’t just start in the world of elves & vampires. (Not that there’s anything wrong with either.) But this was just really new.
BB – Hey, BB So glad you’re finding success on the Core program ^_^
Meagan – How funny! I’m moving to MA at the end of October. I don’t know how you do school & working 12 hour days. -_-
Magz – Yay for being OP Geez, I try to get to bed at like 10:00 each night. I thought getting up at 5:00 in the morning was early ;p
Jane –
Chey –
Lizzy – How cool that your roomie is following WW, too. That should at least help out around the apartment. It’s hard returning to “normal” ways after being so busy that you don’t eat so often. In the end, it can’t hurt to return to a couple of meetings. Hope the job hunt went well
Suite – So glad you’re all moved!!!! I’m just about to move the fiancée & myself into a new apartment the second week of September. It’s daunting to think about moving again >_< But, at least we plan to be there for a few years.
Krysydawn – Hi! Jump on in and tell us all about your day & how things are going!

---

This weekend we’re going to a little family get-together for my “officially” new nephew. He’s going to be signed & sealed adopted by my sister & BIL this week and we’re having a little party to celebrate! He’s a sweetheart. I haven’t seen him in a couple of months, and I’m excited to be seeing him again.

Getting my dress fitted this coming Saturday. (Hey that reminds me that I should shave… )

I don’t know if I mentioned before, but I was never really a gung-ho engagement ring person. I was more like “Well if I get one that’ll be nice, but I’m not going to be crying if I don’t.” So. Friday night the fiancée surprised me with a cute little dinner with flowers and all, and presented me with a ring. He couldn’t find one that he liked, so he went to a jeweler and had one made. It’s gorgeous and it has a little symbolism behind it, too!

The ring: It’s got a center stone, and then curved down one side of the ring are 5 other diamonds which get progressively smaller as they go down. It is made to look like a comet with the center stone being the head & the last diamond being a hint of the tail. The other side of the ring is two lines weaved together. So the symbolism behind the ring is two people (the two weaved lines) traveling through time together forever (as a comet travels).

This boy has got so many brownie points for this ring it’s ridiculous. The ring is just whimsical enough for me.

Well, I’m off to doing actual work…

Have splendid days everyone!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:44 PM   #87  

Yay for an adoption party! Congratulations to your sister and BIL!

OMG for real??!! I can’t believe he had a ring made. That’s awesome! Congratulations! It sounds absolutely beautiful .
Old 08-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #88  
Made of Starstuff

Thank you, Magz!

I'm just having a ball of a week. I've posted this elsewhere on the boards, but ...101 lbs down. I finally crossed that 100 lb mark
Old 08-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

yay faerie!! what wonderful milestones to celebrate!!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #90  

Congrats Faerie! What an accomplishment!
Closed Thread