Old 05-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #31  
Blonde Bombshell

S/C/G: 164/133/136

Height: 5'8''

What do yall tend to eat when you go to cookouts/barbeques? With my little sister's graduation coming up, and summer on the way, I'm finding more and more invitations to parties and get-togethers! I've been trying to stay near the salads and fruit salad, and most only have hot dogs and hamburgers (which I don't eat). Any suggestions!?
KatieLeighVOLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #32  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Katie - as far as meat goes, chicken and turkey kielbasa are always good options I love grilled veggies too! Peppers, onions, zucchini... I could go on and on!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:16 PM   #33  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

All right Chicks...I am FIRED up...I am very annoyed that the scale has not moved this week! So, I have been over my entire diet. I consistently eat all my points which averages between 1300-1600 calories per day over the course of a week. I KNOW I am making good choices. I am exercising more than I have in recent memory--pretty much moving every day, burning an extra 350-700 calories a day, basically at least 4 AP's every day and nada. Zip. I NEED to see something happen. Yes, I know I am making good choices and doing the right thing for my body. But I am getting impatient! Last week was so great and now....GRRRRRRR. If I see a consistent downward trend it really helps keep me encouraged.

Here is my plan till next Wednesday. Fiber. Fiber. Fiber. and Water. Water. Water. It's GOT to do something, right? I went back to my tried and true breakfast today of Fiber One and Kashi Go Lean with 1/2 c frozen blueberries and skim milk. I will have parsley, lettuce, onion, tomato and chicken breast salad for lunch. Not sure about dinner yet. Maybe an egg and some more veggies in a tortilla. I plan to repeat this with a few modifications of course every day until next Wed's WI. No alcohol, except one glass of wine at a party on Sunday IF I exercise that day. Limited caffeine. Cut the salt as much as possible. Vitamins daily. Please, please, please work!

Any suggestions or points on where I might be in error would be welcome! And perhaps I really just need to be patient....sigh.
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:20 PM   #34  
Mind over platter

Katie-

Can you bring something you make yourself to share (that you can eat) to the BBQ's? That is always my trick. At least I know I can have that. Or, eat ahead of course, so you are not too hungry and stick to the salads and fruit which you are doing. Parties are tough. You could also plan your week so that you just use your daily points the rest of the week and save all your flex points for the party and just have small amounts and go for it.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:22 PM   #35  
Mind over platter

PS--Paint, I'm going to take your experience of last week as a hopeful encouragement....
Old 05-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #36  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just wanted to let you know,I Went to WW this morning and I lost .8 almost a lb. but I'll take it.Posted it on the thread.

Otherwise nothing new,Going to my senior singer rehearsal tomorrow,but I'm not going to sing,the bone in the back of my mouth is still not healing,don't want to aggravate it by singing.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:50 PM   #37  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Manick, maybe it is all of the exercise with you too. If you are being honest about your food choices and it sounds like you definitely are, then your body is just working out all of the ramifications of that extra muscle. My leader said her body's usually two weeks behind her activity. Interesting thought eh?
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Hey beach_bum.. I would take that too!

Mannick - are you measuring yourself? The Athletic Coach where I work told me today to start measuring myself. If I don't see a lose, with my exercise, I may be developing muscle and that will either show up as a plateau or a gain, but I would lose inches. Made sense to me as muscle has more mass...

Well, I tried the crystal light stuff again but I only put in 1/2 the stick. That was tolerable, but not joyful. <sigh> I miss my Mt. Dew. I said that to my husband and he asked me why don't I just have some? I responded.. well, I miss it, but I don't want to waste the points on that.. lol.

katie - like the others suggested, I bring my own stuff that I make (enough for everyone or only 8-10 people for a potluck) If it isn't, I eat before we go and then just eat the veggies, fruit or salads if they are there. If, they aren't, then I just take a little bit of what I know I can eat and go from there - I will plan for those times as long as I know they are going to happen. If I go over my points, then I don't worry too much. As long as I don't make it a habit I will be ok... you will too!
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #39  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

So I've started putting my food into TDP just to see my overall breakdown of the foods that I'm eating. I mean getting my points in are all fine and dandy but if they're all fats and carbs and nothing too balanced then what good is that?? I'm just putting it all in there to get an overall idea of what EXACTLY I'm putting into my body.

Anyone else use tools such as TDP and Fitday and why do you use them??

(haha I thought I'd pose a discussion!)
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #40  

I was so happy today, I have stayed off the board cause I have been gaining (3 weeks in a row) and today was the day, lol. I lost 7lbs. I was so happy. I could have jumped up and down, lol. I even weighed in in the evening and am normally a morning weigher.

I know this is a quick post, I'm sorry, I will post more later.

Blessings All
bella23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:20 PM   #41  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

congrats, Bella!

Manick, I was going to say what Chey said, if you haven't, take those measurements. That always got me through slow weight loss times, I would think my pants feel looser, but are they, and even if it's only a half inch, it's a big difference. It sounds like you're doing all the right things and just need to have some patience, I know it's easier said than done, best of luck.

Chey, don't you like diet mountain dew? I go to the store and buy 12 packs of different diet sodas when they're on sale, sierra mist free, diet a&w root beer, diet sunkist, diet wild cherry pepsi, I wish they had more variety when you go out to eat, just diet coke. I usually only drink one a day, with supper, but they help. I even found a diet caffeine free dr. pepper. I think your body adjusts to the taste of diet, kind of like going from whole milk to 1%.

congrats, BB!

Katie, I usually try and stay away from the creamy stuff, like potato salad, macaroni salad, a burger is better than a hot dog, those little buggers are higher in pts. than you think, that said, I love a hot dog on the grill, maybe bbq chicken, just peel off the skin. Also, if you know you're going somewhere where you're going to eat alot of pts, try eating lower during that day, or get in a little extra activity and drink lots of water, maybe like some have suggested drinking a glass of water between alcoholic drinks would work with drinking some water in between refilling the plate...

Suite did you watch the Office season finale? they said it would be a surprise right up to the last second, it sure was!!

nite ladies!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:44 PM   #42  
Blonde Bombshell

S/C/G: 164/133/136

Height: 5'8''

Thanks yall for your suggestions!!

And congrats Bella, thats awesome!

Heather---I'm kinda new at all this. What are TDP and Fitday?
KatieLeighVOLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:10 AM   #43  
Made of Starstuff

Morning everyone!

Just wanted to check in. Hopefully I'll be able to fully catch up this weekend. Looks like we're still going to be coming in tomorrow Good thing? At least we're getting Double Time My next paycheck should be Hyyuuuuuuge Well, at least "huger" than usual.

Best of luck to all today in your endeavors.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #44  

Height: 5'7"

vday - well, at least it's not Chuck E Cheese! Sounds yummy. I hope you have a good time!

Manick - I hope things get going for you soon. I haven't been moving either weight-wise... but unfortunately I can put my finger directly on the cause (I've been letting myself "celebrate" a little too much). Hopefully your body just needs a shake-up and it'll get going. But I agree with the others, perhaps it's your exercise catching up to you? And I also agree with you that you should get rid of the "fat clothes" as you shrink out of them. It takes away that "comfort zone" you have - oh, I can gain 10lbs and still wear okay clothes, that's fine. I'm definitely going to be tossing my clothes as I can.

Sonja - yay! Congrats on being done!!

Kim - Great loss!! I know you're just thrilled. And IMHO the bread dipping in oil only tastes good when it's really good, crusty italian bread.... Then I'm focusing on how good the bread is I've also been struggling to get those oils in, I know just how you feel.

Institches -

beach bum - congrats on your loss!

Chey - yeah, what about diet soda? If you're drinking CL you must not mind the aspartame... Maybe you'll get used to it? And I had never heard of a poached egg on salad... hardboiled, sure, but I don't know how I'd feel abouta runny yolk on my greens!!

Heather - I have a hard enough time tracking my points, let alone calories and carbs and protein etc etc Some people do it, some people like knowing everything about what they're eating... I'm not one of em And wow, that sounds like an eventful day... to say the least... I'm glad no one was hurt and that the woman's not being a btch about it... The one time I hit somebody (fender bender in a parking lot) I think I hit the btchiest person in all of Charlottesville. I still get mad thinking about how mean she was over nothing. :/

Bella - congrats on the loss!

Katie - TDP is the Daily Plate. That and Fitday are websites where you can go input all your food intake and it will track your calories, giving you a breakout of fat/carb/protein ratio.

keli - OMG don't tell me! SHHH! I don't actually get any TV channels, I just watch DVDs. So I have to wait until the darn season gets put out on DVD, I guess in the fall sometime.... I've been riding out the cliffhanger they left us with at the end of season 3 for about a year now I hope it's gooood!

Faerie -

Not a whole lot to report.... It's been a busy week and I'm very happy that it's about to be the weekend. Unsure as to what will happen at my WI tomorrow. Wednesday night i made a series of bad decisions that are definitely sticking around... I'm pretty frustrated with myself. I've been at 199 for three weeks now, and I might be looking at a fourth here come tomorrow. That's a whole month... What about all those people who can lose 8 lbs in a month? Do they really exist? I feel like that kind of sustained loss is impossible for me. I lose nicely one week, I gain or maintain or have .4 losses for three weeks, then I have one nice loss, then again up down up down just the tiniest bit. It's frustrating!

And I know I come on here pretty much every Thursday or Friday saying these same things (prompted by the impending WI), that I'm getting discouraged and frustrated at the slow progress. And don't worry, I am NOT giving up, I'm not going to leave and never come back, I'm not going to stop following WW...

The thing is ... and here's the kicker for me... I know EXACTLY why this is happening. I'm not the person sitting around wondering why her body isn't responding. I'm not fooling myself, I'm not eating OP and I'm not getting in enough activity. The past three weeks I've been over my weekly FPs... WAY over... and I should actually be very happy that I'm not gaining. (But how can you be proud of yourself for not gaining without being disappointed in yourself that you deserve a gain?) And then here I am, thinking of all the reasons I'm not going to be able to get fully back on program until x, y, and z happen.

You know, in the Maintainer's forum there's a lot of wisdom floating around. I remember reading a post on how you have to be committed to this effort, not just merely motivated. And I read that and thought, wow, that makes so much sense. Before when I've tried to lose weight I go at it until my motivation runs out, then I stop and gain it back. Everybody knows that cycle. But this time I am geniunely committed - and I'm not fooling myself there - I really, really want to see this out to the end. It's my time to get this figured out. To get the lifetime of weight gone before it gets worse/harder to do. So I'm committed, but I'm still floundering... still struggling to keep going. How does that make sense? I guess I need motivation too... I mean, my main motivation has been first of all to fit back into my pre-wedding clothes, which I have done. Great, now everything I own is wearable. I can wear my engagement ring again. perfect. So... now what? What am I aiming for now? Money's tight around here, part of me feels like losing weight is fiscally irresponsible because I'll have to buy a whole new wardrobe eventually. (Eventually? What does that even mean? Why am I using that as an excuse? I won't have to go buy clothes tomorrow, we're talking months from now before I lose a size.... Who knows what our finances will look like then...)

I am seriously just rambling, and I hope you'll forgive all this jabber from me this morning. I think I better stop. I guess I wrote a blog post Don't worry, like I said, I'm not giving up... I'm committed.... to a mental institution! muahahaha!

Oh ladies, I don't know what I'd do without you guys here to uh, "talk" to.

Now let's hope I have some words left in me so I can finish my work this morning... I might have used up my daily language allotment up there Hope everyone has a good Friday.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #45  

Jamie, I wish you well at your WW meeting. I also agree with you on the clothing. That is going to be hard for me, but is something I am going to do this time. I have always kept the clothing for the "just in case" but this time I'm not giving myself the option. If I gain, I will suffer the "have to buy new clothing". And that will kill me more then anything.

Katie, I would stick with a chicken breast and take the skin off. I also like to make an all inclusive dish that I can bring. Something like a chef salad, or that bean/taco salad thing. (sorry not sure what it is called) but I used baked chips, and lots of vegies, beans, and ff sour cream and salsa. It's not all that bad and gives you a variety.

Good luck
bella23 is offline   Reply With Quote