Old 05-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #1  

Location: Suburb of Vancouver, Beautiful British Columbia Canada

S/C/G: 173/161.5/140-35

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Was feeling crummy, but stepped on scale and...

Hey all!
I really wanted to share this with somebody, but there's nobody around! I haven't weighed myself since starting WW Flex 2.5 months ago (I don't own a scale) and this weekend for some reason I was just feeling down about my weight loss. This may sound silly, but I saw some pictures of myself taken recently and felt like I looked the same (maybe even heavier) from when I started (even if I've been feeling WAY better). Also, Since I've started, even if I've been OP most of the time I have had some slip ups every week or two.(which I think is natural) Any-hoo, I was at the Gym today and stepped on a scale... I lost 11.5 pounds!!! I had to stop myself from jumping up and down with excitement! This just boosted my mood and I feel like I'm on the right path =) Yahhhoooooooo!!!!
ChissaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #2  
The Last 10lbs!

Woohoo!! Congrats!!!!! That is such a great achievement. Feels good, doesn't it?
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #3  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Congratulations! I know that's and awesome feeling!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:55 PM   #4  

Awesome - there are always ups and downs to losing weight -- so glad your up (weight loss) made you less down!!!

Last edited by shelby897; 05-06-2008 at 06:56 PM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #5  

Yes it does feel very good =D Thanks for the congrats! That just got me so excited about finding a plan that fits me well, I haven't been mega strict about WW cuz I didn't want to go crazy and get my body used to the change so early and cause a plateau. I also think not having a scale at home has helped cuz I am sure that if I had weighed in every week since starting and seeing how slow the progress was may have discouraged me... The scale and I are not friends. But we are TODAY... LOL
Old 05-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #6  
from flab to fab

S/C/G: 177/170/135

Height: 5'2ish

CONGRATS!!! Well done!!

I wish I didn't own a scale sometimes too! But, I know myself, I NEED to know ALL THE TIME!

Keep up the great work!
missjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Congratulations! That's fantastic!!

I end up weighing every day or two, sometimes a number of times throughout the day. It's not an obsession, I swear. I know the weight fluctuates throughout the day, and that's just it. It's "research" for myself. I'm actually just very curious to see how the weight fluctuates. I'm a weirdo...funny thing is, my mom is just the same as me, lol.
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:18 AM   #8  

MissJenny & Luvmyfam... I would probably be the same as you guys if I owned one, that's why I won't buy one. I get easily discouraged when I see the numbers on the scale, I figure, there's one at the gym and one at my parents house, and I don't wanna weigh myself more than once or twice a month cuz I know that bigger changes mean more to me, and I think that I'm losing about a pound a week.

I wish I was able to not let the numbers bug me like you two though =) Thanks for all the congrats again, it somehow means more coming from those who understand what u're going through
Old 05-07-2008, 06:57 AM   #9  
from flab to fab

S/C/G: 177/170/135

Height: 5'2ish

I tend to have a love/hate relationship with my scale.

Whenever I first start a plan I check my weight obsessively. Okay I admit it, I'm obsessed right now.

As soon as I hit my mini goal (which is around 160) I tend to slow down on my checking.. Not sure why I do this - but I do.

Once I settle into my routine and know that its working I tend to chill out a little!
missjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChissaBelle View Post
MissJenny & Luvmyfam... I would probably be the same as you guys if I owned one, that's why I won't buy one. I get easily discouraged when I see the numbers on the scale, I figure, there's one at the gym and one at my parents house, and I don't wanna weigh myself more than once or twice a month cuz I know that bigger changes mean more to me, and I think that I'm losing about a pound a week.

I wish I was able to not let the numbers bug me like you two though =) Thanks for all the congrats again, it somehow means more coming from those who understand what u're going through
But it's good that you recognize that having a scale and checking all the time would stress you out, kwim?

I can totally see how the bigger loss would mean more! I was in another weight loss online group (through Yahoo)...well, still am, but it's DEAD right now. One gal joined up with Overeaters Anonymous and they weren't allowed to weigh themselves during the first month or 6 weeks or something, so she left her scale at a family member's house for that time.

After that first stint...she had lost something like 23 lbs. What an incredible impact that high number must have had for her!!

I understand what you're saying about the support from people who have been/are going through it, too... I really do. You just know that they know how much of an impact it is for you.

That's part of why I lean toward programs, for eating & exercising, that were started by people who had a struggle with weight themselves...rather than some skinny-minny who hasn't a clue what it's like.

Though I haven't been to a meeting since 4/8, one thing (among many) that I like about WW is that the leader, the receptionist...they've been through it, too.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Yay how exciting!!
You know I definitely have a love hate relationship with the scale, but the coolest thing about NOT having one is that you focus more on the actual behavior, right? Like, you give yourself credit for having gotten to the gym, or having eaten your veggies, and that's what REALLY matters, right? That's how I'm trying to spin my thinking, off the numbers and onto the day to day stuff. It's not an easy shift! Your way of doing things makes a ton of sense. AND, look, the numbers even agree!!

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote