Old 05-05-2008, 12:05 PM   #1  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Default I need Veggie Help Please!!!

OK so i am not the greatest person with veggies because i only like a few greens them being Broccli and Green beans. that is as far as it goes. I Honestly cannot eat a salad i cannot stand lettuce at all. So anyway.

Since i am on WW Flex plan i was told i can eat 1cup of broccli and that is ZERO points. SO if i want to eat more then that at a meal does it count for a point or what??

Can someone help me please I am just wondering on this and would appreciate some help!!

Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #2  
The Last 10lbs!

Hey Shannon, I personally don't count 0 point veggies as a point even if I happen to have more than a cup (which I usually don't at one time anyway). I know if you eat more than a cup of carrots it is 1 point but I don't know if the same is true for broccoli.

I've found that throwing vegetables like carrots, parsnips, asparagus and peppers in the oven with a bit of olive oil at a high temperature makes them taste really sweet and not too much like "healthy" food at all. I love to eat vegetables this way!! You might want to give it a shot if you are looking for new ways to enjoy veggies. It changes the taste and makes them much sweeter than you might expect.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #3  
from flab to fab

S/C/G: 177/170/135

Height: 5'2ish

Hi Shannon,

I just checked my points tracker and 1 cup of broccoli = 0pts but 2 cups is 1 pts.

I'm still unsure of this myself. I don't understand why 1 cup is 0 and 2 cups is 1!?

Maybe someone else will know why some 0pt food become 1pt!

Sorry I couldn't be more help!
missjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Most zero point veggies are unlimited (and always zero point). Cooked carrots and onions are the exception (because they cook down and have a fair amount of sugar). But even with carrots and onions, usually you're eating an awfully big serving if it it even comes to one point (one whole cup of cooked onions, which I would guess would take two cups of raw onions or more to cook down to 1 cup cooked, is 1 point).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #5  

thanks you both.

Yeah Jenny that throws me off as well.. I hope someone can answer that for us..LOL

Old 05-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

You do not have to use the tracker for vegetables, they are still zero, so even if the calories/fat/fiber could come out to a point or more, you don't have to count those points (onions and carrots, being the exception).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjenny View Post
Hi Shannon,

I just checked my points tracker and 1 cup of broccoli = 0pts but 2 cups is 1 pts.

I'm still unsure of this myself. I don't understand why 1 cup is 0 and 2 cups is 1!?

Maybe someone else will know why some 0pt food become 1pt!

Sorry I couldn't be more help!
Kaplods already explained that vegetables that begin as zero points, generally stay zero points... but as to why different foods besides vegetables might start out as zero points for one serving, but then change to one or more points for two...:

We'll use the Progresso Soups "zero points" soups example.

One serving is 60 calories & 4 fiber. (I don't remember how much fat, but at the moment it doesn't matter.)

If you look that up on the points finder, you'll see it's zero points.

However, the entire can is 2 servings.

Two servings is 120 calories & still... only 4 grams of fiber can be counted on the ww plan.

If you look that up on the finder, you'll see the whole can is 2 points.

It's this way for many foods. The amount of fat, the number of calories, and grams of fiber can change with each serving, so while one serving might be "2 points", two servings could either be 3 points, or maybe even 5 points. It's important to look up the servings you're having, and not just one serving. Or you might accidentally be eating two points when you think you're eating zero.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

What Faerie said makes sense.

I know when you use the online WW points calculator that someone shared, some 0 point things are not ZERO, but are less than .5. So until something gets above .5, it counts as zero. One .35 point serving of something counts as zero. But two .35 point servings are .70, and that rounds up to 1.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #9  

Thanks all for the information, now that i look at it, it all makes sense.. I was just worried about the broccoli since i eat alot of it. Thank you all again.