Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Suite-Wow, but just like Faerie said you did alot of prep work, and I'm sure you will do fantastic Hey that's wonderful, staying focused OP, weekends are tough

I also had a Great OP these past 4 days, thanks again Faerie for the help, I really think I will have a great WI, it really isn't as hard as last week

Faerie-Good Job getting in that exercise, under the wire, I feel the same way, if I don't get that exercise in early, I usually forget about it,

vday-Awesome

Sonja-that darn scale, I'm sure it will be worth it

Looks like we are off to a Great Week
Old 04-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #62  
Made of Starstuff

Institches - WTG staying on plan! I noticed you joined in the same challenge thread that I did in the 100lb club area. Best of luck! I know that it helps keep me accountable. (I wanted that "4" yesterday, just another reason I was able to do that yoga dvd.) I hope it helps you, too
Old 04-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 247.8/209.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Faerie,

thanks for posting the challenge for the 100lb club. I will have to check it out.

Hi everyone else. I hope you are all having a good Monday.

I have to tell you, the scale hasnt moved down yet, but I am doing somethings to fight back. I just thought I would let you guys know - I went for a 15 minute walk this morning, 20 minute walk and stair climb at lunch and brought my breakfast and lunch to work. I am hoping to do a biggest loser work out this evening. Also, we are having a baked/cajun turkey breast with veggies for dinner. So, I am going to punish the scale back into its place...lol. Hopefully this will all work for next weigh in.

Suite, I am sure you will do a good job on your presentation/speech. What are you going to school for?

Have a great week everyone.

Dawn
Old 04-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #64  
The Last 10lbs!

Gemini - Wow, really? Yep, they are still doing it. Whoever told you they weren't was wrong Hehe.

Faerie - I don't know how you're going to choose a place... they all sound so lovely! How did you make your hot chocolate with almond milk? Just warm it up? That sounds really good... I will have to try it! I can't get almond milk in England... they are so far behind with these great tasting, healthy, weight-loss innovations.

Suite - I have weekends like that, where you feel like you've been reading ALL day and yet don't feel like you've got that much done. I HATE discourse in all forms, and last year I had to take a Critical Theory class that had everything to do with theories and essays like those and I hated it. I'm glad you didn't let the stress direct you to the kitchen... that's usually what happens with me! I hate public speaking too, but I'm sure you'll be fine! I'd say try to picture everyone in their underwear but... well, you'll be speaking in front of old professors.

dwnloom - Go go go! Good luck!

Today is my last day as a teenager... tomorrow I turn 20! I think this will be a good year, especially because of all the changes I have made since Christmas with my eating and exercising and the way I look at food and at myself. I went to a psychic (for fun more than anything) last week, before the cruise, and while I am a bit of a skeptic, what she told me makes me think I have some good things to look forward to this year as well. We'll see if it comes true at all, because that'll make me a believer! Anyway, I've been doing pretty well since coming back from California, though the urge to eat more than usual has been hard to break! For dinner tomorrow we are going to my favourite restaurant which is a make-your-own-stirfry Vietnamese-type place. I always load up on vegetables there anyway, so I will get to stay on plan and eat at my favourite place as well! Woo!

Sounds like everyone is off to a good start this week! Good luck at your upcoming weigh-ins!

Last edited by freedomreins; 04-07-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #65  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

hope you have a wonderful birthday freedomreins!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #66  
The Last 10lbs!

Thanks Blz
Old 04-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #67  
Made of Starstuff

Dawn - I think we should all punish the scale into place!

Freedom - Yay for birthdays! You, Aries, you You've been doing so well with all the lifestyle changes this year. It's really exciting! I hope your psychic told you that you'd win a million pounds... money-wise of course!.. >_>
I used a cup of almond milk, zapped it in the microwave for 2 minutes, poured in some No Sugar Added Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate and stirred to my heart's content. A nice, warm, chocolatey drink for 2 pts! I wish you could get almond milk. It's really growing on me. I don't think I can go back to using cow's milk anytime soon.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #68  

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone, my name is Nikki. I'd love to try to join up on this board again since I was always more successful when I posted here. (I didn't post on WW, I mostly posted on LAWL)

Freedom- I just turned 20 last year (now only 5 more months til I'm 21) and it was a huge thing for me. It was so sad not to be a teen anymore but I feel as though I have matured greatly since this time last year. Happy birthday!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #69  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Nikki to the board!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey all,
No time for personals, but I read through and it sounds like everyone's doing well, despite orals and birthdays (wait, the birthday was a good thing, right??)

My weigh in was a 1.5 lb gain, as expected, but I'm pretty OK with that. Like I said, I deserve it. Now to put the scale back in the closet till next week. I've had a decent day today, really finding it hard to get all those veggies in but it has been an eye-opening experience realizing how few I eat!
Anyway, I could be anticipating TOM. I have a good feeling about next week's weigh in!
S
Old 04-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #71  
Made of Starstuff

Lizzy - Like I said in the other thread, it's a tiny amount. I'm so proud of you for putting that scale away! I'm trying... but it's so hard!

--
Warning: Non-Weight Related Vent Ahead!

Just.. UGH tonight. I don't want to be such a downer, but first I get this call saying I owe $169 for some medical test that I had back in November that my Health Insurance won't cover... fine... great actually... considering I have to pay Car Insurance & Plate Renewals this month, too. Faerie = Broke. Then I get home, and my roommate drops the bomb that she's taking off at the end of May. Also fine. At least she can pay May's rent. But come on... less than two months notice? And she BEGGED me to give her more notice if I knew I was leaving. And I gave her an entire year. So now Faerie = Broke & Homeless. ; ;

It's not soooo bad. I mean, I've already spent some of my time trying to find some Studios for less than $600 a month, or a roommate to take her place for 6 months. Unfortunately, <$600 a month often means that I'd be living in a sketchy place... meaning that sooner or later Faerie = Going to sleep with a baseball bat. Of course there are other options, like... gah... moving back in with the parents... but I've got a giant headache So I'll give this more thought later. In the meantime, I actually wish my roommate would move out sooner, I honestly hate the sight of her. I can't wait until she's out of my life forever.

*whew* Thanks for letting me vent...
Old 04-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #72  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Hey all! Happy birthday, Freedom!

Sorry to be so brief, but I have got to make something for dinner.

And I just COMPLETELY SPILLED MY GUTS over on the Weight Loss Support page (the thread entitled "i'm new and you're going to hate everything I say...") to this poor girl searching for a crash diet, and now I'm feeling bad because I don't want to sound like a pushy know-it-all. That, and I am afraid once everyone here knows my weight-loss past, I won't have any friends anymore... ... My head is so great at second guessing myself... But seriously, she needs lots of great wisdom from folks like you guys. I did the best I could, but I fear that I just sound like a person on a soap-box.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #73  
Made of Starstuff

Aero, I read your post over in that thread and found it quite moving. I hope that she sees the wisdom in what you've already gone through, and that she can see the harm she might do for a quick fix. Honestly... I can't support something so unhealthy just in the name of a few pounds. I don't think there will be any getting through to someone like that. And what she's doing isn't what 3FC is about.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 247.8/209.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Faerie,

I am sooo very sorry you are going thru all of this. It seems like when it rains, it pours. I do know the feeling. I'm sure you will find a liveable solution some how. When are you getting married? Try to think about something happy for a little while, it wont fix the problem, but it will help for a little bit.

Lizzie,

I'm in the same boat with you. I gained this week also. I cant seem to put my scale away, so I am trying to punish it. I am doing lots of workouts and better eating.

Today I have worked out for a total of 2 hours. Not all at once, but an all time high number for me. I walked 3 times - 20 minutes each and 1 hr bike ride.

Lets try for a better day tomorrow.

Dawn
Old 04-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #75  
Made of Starstuff

Thanks, Dawn. I'm trying to keep positive. Give me a few days, I'll find the silver lining!
Closed Thread