Old 03-11-2008, 04:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 280/266.8/140

Height: 5'7"

Oh, and thanks for some of your tips, I printed your post out because you have some other great ideas that I never thought of... like freezing onions, celery and green peppers. What a great way to make sure you have a quick omelet (or pretty much everything else that I cook!).

Quick question, do you thaw those before cooking? If so any tips on thawing? Freezer to fridge to dish or freezer to counter to dish?

Also, I agree with your point about not being 'brand loyal.' There are certain things I like better than others (example: types of breads), but it's definitely the cheapest to buy whats on sale at the time, and stock up on your favorites when they are on sale! (I love the weight control oatmeals for at work, but they are pricey! I only buy them when they are bogo, but I do stock up when they are! If I run out, I eat something else for a while.)
tormentated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:31 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

As far as thawing onions, celery or green peppers, nope, I just pop them into the recipe and they work beautifully. I shouldn't have stopped with green peppers though. I actually cut up red, orange and yellow peppers into halves and cut them into strips or use them as stuffed peppers during the winter months.

If you like omelets, have you tried the microwave one where you put your egg beaters and fillers in a ziploc, vent it a small portion, cook for one minute and pour it into a dish. Quick, easy, and a great way to get a breakfast or a quick meal in

I am brand loyal on some things like Miracle Whip Lite and some others but for the most part, I'm not.
Rosegarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:49 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Oh yeah tormentated, we also spend a lot in gasoline. $600 a month and more with the prices skyrocketing so we really need to fine tune our food budget but skimping on healthy eating is NOT an option. Your posts were great and I enjoyed reading them. Do not feel bad in the least.
Rosegarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 PM   #19  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Wink Alot of great suggestions!

Thanks ladies for the great suggestions. Alot of mindful posting going on here! I find that I am actually saving money now that I am buying healthier. Most of the foods that I buy are on the outer perimeter of the store... Bethz
bethz is offline   Reply With Quote