Old 02-08-2008, 11:09 AM   #1  

Default One more try before throwing in the towel

I have been doing flex pt's since 2002, i went from 202pd's down to 145 pd's.
And have not been able to lose the last 20 pd's, i have been stuck at this weight since 2005. So i'm thinking that maybe if i go from 18 pt's a day to 20 a day and not use any of my fp's and see what happen's? I have tried every everything Last spring i started walking (it's something i can do with a bad back) I started out with 2 mile's a day and worked my way up to 8 mile's and some day's up to 10. The results were no weight losss not even an ounce,and to top that i lost no inches what so ever Here is what i eat in a day, at 18 pt's

Breakfast: 1c Fiber 1 = 3pt's

Snack: an apple maybe an orange or some yogurt = 1

Lunch; large veggie salad with 2 Tb sp lite dressing =2

Snack; listed above

Dinner: Sweet tato = 3, Chicken abt 4oz's = 4 dinner salad with dressing=2 and a veggie=0

Snack; 94% ff popcorn=2 and sometime's i'll have a ff fudge bar= 2pt's

if i go up on my pt's i of course gain, some week's i may use all my fp's or i might not use all of the, and still no change?

So tell me what you think might help me kick this in the butt
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Please don't throw in the towel. Even if you choose a slow goal like losing one pound every week or two, that is still progress! Don't give up on yourself!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #3  

I can't seem to even lose a pd in a week let alone in 2 wk's, that would be heaven to me if i could, Any lose would have me jumping for joy at this point.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

I don't have any point related advice, but PLEASE don't throw in the towel!!! You have done SO awesome!

To give up now would be SUCH a waste of all your HARD work!

Good luck!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #5  

I won't stop doing ww, i'm tickled that i have lost what i have all ready. I just don't understand why i have been at a stand still for so long with no lose in a little over 2 yr's?
Old 02-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #6  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

I would highly recommend changing the breakdown of protein/carbs/fat in your diet. Specifically, I would drastically increase your protein. If you used fit day or a similar program, I think you'd find that your protein was way too low. Try having some at every meal. And maybe add a bit of healthy fats too. You appear to be going all the way until dinner with no protein.

Maybe add some egg whites, cottage cheese or tuna. I think that would be a good thing to try before you throw in the towel!

Good luck.

elisa822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

First and foremost, on all the WL so far! That is fantastic and certainly nothing to sneeze at!!!

As for helping you jumpstart your loss again...
I agree with elissa, maybe up your protein a bit and add some good fat?
Are you drinking enough water?
Getting too much salt?

If that's what you eat every day, all day for the most part just shaking things up might really, really help. Maybe switch out your breakfast for something egg-based (egg whites/egg beaters and veggies, for instance) and add some protein to your salad and choose ff dressing to free up a couple of points that way. And you've tried eating your FPs in a week, and you gain? Is that if you eat ALL of your FPs, or just some? 18 points sounds way too low for someone who walks 8 miles a day at 145 lbs, perhaps your body is stuck conserving energy because it doesn't feel it's getting enough?

The other thing to consider since I don't know your height -- maybe this is the ideal weight for your body? If you are eating healthfully and getting moderate exercise (which you are), your body will tend to settle into a healthy weight. If you are 5'7" or taller, I'd suggest you consider that your body may not want to lose another 20.

It's all speculation... all trial and error. Good luck with it and please keep going!!

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 02-10-2008 at 12:32 PM.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #8  

I'll give it a try with uping my protein and see how that works for a few week's. I'm 5'3 and even at 125, it's still more than my weight was before i fat. My weight before that was right around 115 to 118pd's.

Thank Yoy all for the help , I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #9  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I'm 5'3.5" and my dr. set my goal weight at 150, she said that's at the high end of the normal on the bmi, I think the high end for WW at that height is 143, so I'm shooting for closer to that. I looked over my old WI books and was able to maintain at that weight.

Are you comparing your fitness level as well as your weight "before you were fat"? For myself, I know I'm carrying more muscle now than I was at lower weights, so how my clothes fit, and how I feel, etc. are as important as that number. I don't want to sound like I'm telling you what your goal should be, that's entirely up to you, you know better than anyone what feels right for you.

I would say changing up what you're eating is big. I've read that you can develop tolerance to foods if you eat the same things everyday, which we have a tendency to do because it's easy. So, eating cereal every morning doesn't work as well, I used to eat oatmeal every single a.m. now I can't stomach the idea of one more bowl of oatmeal...

anyhow, best of luck to you and congrats on your weight loss and keeping it off, hope to join you in the 140s in the near future!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #10  

I am going to up my protein. something that someone here suggest that i might try, after looking at my fitday i can see where my fat & carb % are high and my protein is rather low. I think also that eating the same thing's everyday has played a big roll like you said. So today i start my new week with my pt's. I will let you all know how it work's this week. ;o) My Dr has told me also that i'm within a "normal weight range", It's not a weight that i'm happy with for myself, i'm small boned & short, so i think i look bigger than someone with med or large bone's would. My Grandmother was built the same way, Everyone else is larged boned in my family. My baby Bro is 6"4 and abt 260 pd's. I should post a picture of us from last Christmas.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #11  

Default try protein

WOW--- you have done such a great job, but perhaps you need to include more protein to your diet. You might want to stop doing flex for couple of weeks and go to core. Some of the people at my meeting have had success with shaking things up that way. Good luck, Bonnie

Last edited by tcstart; 02-12-2008 at 02:47 PM.
tcstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #12  

I got on the scale this morning, and i'm down 2pd's. Thank's to the great advice i got from all of you. YIPPPPEEEEEEE. And i'm am just day's away from tom, this never happen's to me. So what i'm wondering now is what % of protein,fat's and calorie's should i aim for on my fitday.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, CONGRATS on your weight loss!!!
That's fantastic!

Ratios.... it varies. A good place to start would be getting yourself to 30/30/40 (protein/fat/carbs). After that it's just a matter of tweeking it to suit your diet preferences, lifestyle, and weight loss. Good luck!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 247.8/209.4/150

Height: 5'5"

That is great. Please keep us posted.

Dawn
dwnloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:31 PM   #15  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Look up the Wendie plan...I heard it is what your suppossed to do when you have lost a lot of weight, and can't seem to get the scale to move anymore...it's the weight watchers wendie plan
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote