Old 01-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Ketchup (Catsup) Recipes

Disclaimer: I have not tried any of these recipes! I'm posting them here so that those of you who love ketchup and can't live without it can try them. Let us know what works well and how you modified it (if you did)!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi......Do you know of any store bought brand of catsup? thanks....take care,choices
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #3  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

i love this best of all. I leave out the sugar (it's for taste only, you don't need it, you can add splenda if you want). You don't have to can it, you can freeze it or put it in your fridge.

It makes a very grown-up catsup substitute (gourmet type spread)

Roasted Red Pepper Spread
6 lb. large red sweet peppers
1 lb. Roma tomatoes
2 large garlic cloves
1 small white onion
2 Tbsp. minced basil
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. coarse salt
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
Roast peppers under broiler or on a grill at 425 degrees until skin wrinkles and chars in spots. Turn over and roast other side. Remove from heat.Place in a paper bag, secure opening, cool 15 minutes. Roast tomatoes, onion, and garlic under broiler or grill 10 - 15 minutes. Place tomatoes in a paper bag. Peel onion and garlic. Finely mince onion and garlic.
Measure 1/4 cup and set aside. Peel and seed tomatoes and peppers. Puree in food processor or blender. Combine in a large pan.Bring to a boil over med.high heat, stir to prevent sticking. Reduce heat, simmer until spread thickens. Ladle hot spread into hot jars, leave 1/4 inch headspace. Process in water bath canner for 10 minutes.
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by choices View Post
Hi......Do you know of any store bought brand of catsup? thanks....take care,choices
Hunt's makes a low carb, no sugar catsup with Splenda that is SBD-friendly, although it can be hard to find in most grocery stores.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote