Old 02-11-2004, 09:48 AM   #1  
Reeling Reverend

Default Caity's Ketchup

I have a real problem eating scrambled eggs without ketchup.. Here's what I made last night and had this morning with my eggs...

6 oz. can of tomato paste
3/4 c. water
1/4 c. white vinegar
1-2 tsp. onion powder
3 packets of Splenda
1/2 Tbs. of salt

Mix everything up! I used a hand mixer to get everything mixed well. I also used a slight bit more than a 1/4 c. of vinegar. It's no Heinz, but it did the trick for me!! You could add hot sauce, too, if that's your thing!
CrystalCaity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:46 PM   #2  
Debbie

You sound just like me. What good are scrambled eggs if you can't have ketchup on them? I'll be sure to try your recipe. It sounds easy enough to make. Thanks.
debbieleepursley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:38 PM   #3  
Just Beachy

S/C/G: 183/137/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi, just made the ketchup. It was really good! I omitted the onion powder because we don't have any in the house.
I'm very surprised on how good it is. Especially considering the amount of ketchup it made for the cost of tomato paste (.90 cents?)
Very economical!
AlphaGal is offline   Reply With Quote