Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-31-2006, 09:11 AM   #1  

Default I Still Can't Believe It...

My name is Amy and althought I'm not new to this site it's been a while since I've ventured here. I wanted to come and share my story thus far with others who can relate to what I've been through. Back in January I went on vacation to Florida with my family. I was gluttenous. I ate non-stop. When we returned home I was depressed. I had a doctor's appointment the same week I returned and the scales registered 178. I'm only 5'2 and my doctor was concerned. At 27 years old I was/am too young to let myself stay on this current path to destruction. A week later I joined the gym. I was fired up the first couple of weeks and then neglected my membership. I had fallen into a rut. I had lost about five pounds but couldn't tell. Fast forward to mid February and I got a burst of motivation. I realized that if I didn't do something about my weight now I never would. I replaced negative self-talk with positive pep talks. I visualized myself being smaller, healthier, happier. I didn't give myself a "goal weight" nor did I invent a "goal date" as I had hundreds of time in the past. For me the pressure to meet those goals are too hard and I end up sabbatoging myself. I started going to the gym four times a week. I cut out late night snacking. I started replacing soda, even diet soda with water and learned that I actually LIKE drinking it. I never deprived myself of something but after a couple of bites I would toss it (wasteful I know) but it was enough to keep me balanced. By mid March I was already down into the low 160's and feeling good. June rolled around and I was still making progress and was overjoyed with the scale read 155. I hadn't been in the 150's in over seven years.. or before the birth of my son. The second week of July came and was the ultimate test, as we went to the beach for a week. I walked the beach daily and was mindful of everything I put in my mouth. It wasn't worth losing all the hard work I had already achieved for a few days of binging. Instead of gaining weight I actually lost. Guys... this morning I weighed myself at my mother in laws and the scale read 138. Blue jeans I thought I would never fit back into are now loose on me. It's very emotional for me because I NEVER in a million years thought I would lose this weight on my own, without the help of diet suppliments or other programs that claim "great results". Everyone who sees me compliments me on my weight loss and it feels good. I don't ever want to go back to my old habits and it's a constant work in progress but it's worth it. Just wanted to share.... sorry so long
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:15 AM   #2  
People call me tiny now!

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/145

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for sharing your story! I'm so happy for you and I know you will keep up the great work with a positive attitude like that! Good luck to you!
PunchBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:42 AM   #3  

WTG Amy!!!
2CMEAGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:39 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations, WTG.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:06 PM   #5  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Awesome, congrats!
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

WTG!! What an accomplishment!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:38 PM   #7  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Alora, thank you for sharing your story. I found it inspiring. I am in a real slump now and about to ruin all the work I have done that has me a few pounds down now. It's always like this. I make the effort. I lose some weight and inches and then I get discouraged, perhaps because the difference is not enough to make any real change in my life or outlook but the effort was great, or at least felt like it for me. Then I slack off and put the fat back on. I don't know what it was that allowed you to carry on long enough for you to see major progress, but I hope I can do the same.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:57 AM   #8  

Your story is amazing! Im only 5'3 and started out at about the same weight as you!! Your story gives me motivation to keep doing that Im doing. I've been stuck at 161 for about 2 weeeks not and I think that I'll never see the 150s but reading your story makes me want to keep pushing myself and I know that it'll pay off. Thanks for sharing and congrats!
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:03 PM   #9  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Default You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!

First of all congrats on the weight loss!! you rock, I know you are so proud of you!!lol I know iam . You have worked so hard and deserve the compliments
You are steping up and claim what is yours. I just cant say enough on your
weight loss.Iam new here and i just wanted to say hello and congrats oin
a job well done.Have a great day.
Huigs LInda
BOUNCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #10  

That is awesome Amy, Congratulations!
Mom4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 212.6/144.2/121

Height: 5'5"

I found your story very inspiring also. I also seem to get discouraged from the slow to no results that I see. Congratulations.
buddha belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #12  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Thank you for sharing!!! I read it and reread it!
Congratulations!!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:09 AM   #13  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

What an inspiration. Just what I need right now. Thank you! Oh and WTG...that's amazing.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote