Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #1  
210 / 193 / 140

Default The First 110 Days

I started working out and trying to eat better 112 days ago, in preparation for a race I entered Sunday.

I've had some ups and downs since then, including a temp job with horrible hours, a bad case of bronchitis, and an old foot injury. So I haven't lost as much weight as I'd have liked to, but here are the good things that have happened:

--Gone from 210 pounds to approximately 193.
--Gained a lot of stamina.
--Gone from 22W jeans to 18W.

The race I was training for was 7.5 miles, and I walked it rather than running. To my surprise and delight, I had no problems with aerobic endurance. (Pretty good for a clinically obese, middle-aged lady. ) However, around the 4.5 mile mark, I started having foot and knee problems, which is probably a sign that I need to add some strength training to my workouts.

On the whole, I'd say the last 110 days have been a success. The next 110 days will just about bring me up to my 49th birthday. I wonder what I can achieve by then?
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Good for you! You've definitely had great success, keep up the great work!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

Great work, keep going
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:29 PM   #4  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Good for you! Sometimes it just takes a small reminder of how far we've come to cheer us up rather than always thinking how far we have yet to go. I love that you are looking forward to what you can achieve rather than what you have to do!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations, that is fantastic. I know that I couldnt' make it 7.5 miles, but I do walk 3 miles and this is good for me. When I first started this new lifestyle , I was completely exhausted after 15 min's of walking. My hat's off to you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:13 AM   #6  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Even if the pounds haven't come off as quickly as you'd have liked, they are coming off and you have made some amazing changes in your body and your overall health... that's some very good work and I think you're doing great!

-Lala Doin' the funky boogie...
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote