Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-11-2019, 11:41 AM   #1  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Default 60 Pounds Down

This has been an interesting 6 months to say the least. I came home to NY in March to help my mother after her knee replacement. I decided that I was miserable and needed to do something about my weight. I couldn’t bear the thought of going back home to Maryland so I stayed with her for 3 weeks. When I finally went back home my fiancé broke up with me and ended our 6 year relationship. He also said some of the nastiest things anyone has ever said to me in my life.

How I stayed on plan through that is a mystery and a miracle. I’m an emotional eater and my reflex was to eat all of my pain. But I packed up and moved to NY and I’m feeling better and better each day.

I’ve still got a ways to go but I have a renewed confidence in myself.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/218/133

Height: 5' 6"

Well done ChickieBoom, that's fantastic progress in the face of some painful and challenging experiences.
Isn't it fab when you discover strength that you never realised you had before? My whole image of myself transformed some years ago, now I know I can do anything - if I'm committed enough to push through the discomfort. Best of luck with your ongoing progress x
Pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #3  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

ChickieBoom!
Onward and downward!
etherbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:44 AM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

ChickieBoom: being able to stay on plan during adversity, not just when it is easy, is a great success indeed. I too have found that after about a year and a half on plan and maintaining, that emotional eating is no longer my thing.

I am sorry your partner felt the need to be verbally abusive when deciding to split up. Sometime people say and do horrible things at this time.
Many people have had similar experiences. I can only assume that the departing partner is trying to justify themselves somehow, due to embarrassment or something, because they feel guilty for some reason.
Always makes me wonder what they did wrong.

Obviously, you are well rid of this, and coming our healthier and stronger as a result.
Now that you are lighter, if you have not become more active during this time, its a great time to take up some exercise activity that YOU enjoy, which can lead to new friendships and acquaintances that are interesting and healthy for you.

well done and congrats, keep up the good work.

fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:54 PM   #5  

confidence
kristelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:04 AM   #6  

Super
Tania5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 09:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 253.6/191.8/169

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations on not letting COVID, your ex or anything else get in your way. 60 pounds is a big deal (I hit the 60 pound mark today myself) so good for you!
gzgrl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 05:31 PM   #8  

way to go!
kcolli37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 06:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 300lbs/242lbs/220lbs

Height: 5’6

Me toooooo! Get it 🥳! Keep it up 👍🏽
Minuspounds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #10  

Hi. I m a doctor interested in weight loss. I m new here and i dont know yet how to make a post
Plz anybody can help me???
Dr.Anahit is offline   Reply With Quote