Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-08-2017, 08:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Default Onederland!

My body is a onederland! It was a real wake up call when I stepped on the scale December 1. 226.6 It's not as if I wasn't aware of being way too overweight. I gave up on zip up pants and stretch pants and long shirts became my wardrobe staple. I bought shoes and purses because shopping for clothes was too awful.

My husband went to the dr and his a1c put him into type 2 diabetes, he had high blood pressure, high cholesterol. He was putting himself in an early grave. I knew he needed a lot of support so I unwillingly joined him. Yes, I stuck to it, but I didn't feel like it. Especially around the holidays. But the weight just started sliding off.

I was too lazy to want to exercise at first. I took about the first 10 weeks off just to get a handle on my hunger and my food. Then I started to stall a little which seemed obnoxious given how much I still had to go. Slowly but surely I started exercising. First 30 minutes on the treadmill about 3 times a week. Now I do an hour 5 times a week, and I'm even jogging doing interval training.

Last week I went on a little mini vacation and I sat down on the plane and buckled my seat belt without even worrying about it! I had inches and inches to spare. Previously I was one deep breath away from needing an extender. My blood pressure is now typically below 120/80. Even my resting pulse rate has gone down considerably.

I still have a long way to go. I break it into tiny goals in set periods of time.

I will never again step on the scale and see the number start with a 2!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:12 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Wow! That's a whole bunch of NSV's! No worries on a plane, better blood pressure, better pulse! PLUS weight loss! I imagine that your journey has also strengthened your marriage. Congratulations! I, too, have seen my blood pressure and pulse rate improve with my addition of exercise. Curious what my cholesterol is- I tend to be high, usually- and will get that checked here soon.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/147/150

Height: 5'5"

Way to go! Onderland is such a great achievement, as are your other NSV's! Congrats!
clawlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:32 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations!! Onederland is a onederful place to be!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

Congratulations I love hearing stories like this!! You are an inspiration to me!! We started a couple days apart! Keep up the great work
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:59 PM   #6  
**Britt**

S/C/G: 167.8/157.8/125-129

Congratulations! I love all of your non-scale victories!
brd88 is offline   Reply With Quote