Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-02-2016, 08:24 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8.5"

Default Crazy NSV

Had a wonderful NSV recently. I do know that I honestly do not look really "fat" even at my weight as I am built large. That is not just "wishful thinking" and my doctor had even told me I just don't have anywhere else to lose it except my weight has all gone "down in front" where I am huge and will need surgery to remove it.

But the NSV -- I went for my mammogram and the nurse brought me out the robe. I put it on and it was so small it would not even begin to go around me. I had the cape under it so went out but jokingly said to her "Why bother to give people a robe if it is a size 3." And she said... I kid you not... "You LOOK like a size 3." At my shocked look she said "I thought you could wear it... I will get you a larger one." Now of course I know I don't look like a size 3 but I *have* lost 77 pounds and worked out a lot -- almost 5'9" and large frame. And she DID really think I could wear that robe!!!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 06-02-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Misti: good feeling there! Keep up the good work. I don't know why they bother with all the robing, you just have to disrobe as soon as you get in there anyway. Hope all continues to go well for you!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:12 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonthyme View Post
Misti: good feeling there! Keep up the good work. I don't know why they bother with all the robing, you just have to disrobe as soon as you get in there anyway. Hope all continues to go well for you!
lemonthyme so true! At least it is not so bad now as before I had major breast reduction surgery. LOL they were literally below my waist... just try to fit THOSE things in either that tiny little cape or robe.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 06-03-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:27 AM   #4  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 275.8/274.0/199.8

Height: 5' 4"

Hey Misti --- I see we are on another thread together, I haven't yest caught up to say "Welcome" (hope to do that yet today). I was wondering if we could chat in PM re breast reduction surgery. Or, here works too - as others may be interested in learning from your experience. BTW what does NSV stand for?? Thanks -
BelovedWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:55 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedWarrior View Post
Hey Misti --- I see we are on another thread together, I haven't yest caught up to say "Welcome" (hope to do that yet today). I was wondering if we could chat in PM re breast reduction surgery. Or, here works too - as others may be interested in learning from your experience. BTW what does NSV stand for?? Thanks -
Hi Beloved

NSV stands for "Non-Scale Victory" -- such as when we fit into smaller clothes or pass up a yummy or whatever -- something that does not show up on the scale. When I was here before there were entire threads where people shared their NSVs. I loved them but have not found one recently.

And yes, I would be happy to share about the surgery, either here or in PM. What would you like to know. Mine was so extreme I was able to get it covered under insurance as medical. Totally life-changing. I love it!

Old 06-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #6  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 275.8/274.0/199.8

Height: 5' 4"

Question Breast Reduction Surgery

Here is fine ... that way if someone else is curious, it will also benefit them. I was considering BRS some years back, and it was going to be covered by insurance. I would have probably followed through if I'd not seen any pictures. I couldn't handle thinking of sewing around the round things. Makes me cringe just thinking of it. I tell people, I'd be okay if they just shaved them off and I would be flat chested. I'm sure I'd miss having something though. So, I guess my question is ... what is it like? Did you have to wear one of those cloth bras for 6 months? Were you able to sleep on your side? Did it hurt like the dickens... anything and everything. Because, I'm still toying with the idea. I am not looking forward to tube socks filled with sand as I get older. Thank you bunches!!
BelovedWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #7  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I am going to get surgery when I am stable in weight. I was going to do it 6 years ago but didnt want to take the time off running. Well, I dont run anymore so I am going to do it! But I need to lose at least 50 more first.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:01 PM   #8  

Hi

The surgery was not bad at all; far easier than I expected. It was out-patient and I went right home afterwards. A friend who is a nurse stayed the first two nights and days so that was nice. Then other friends stayed a couple more nights. I started to watch a YouTube video first but lost my nerve ha ha.

ennay did a surgeon tell you you have to lose that much? And even if you do it is wise to do the process together. For example, I had to lose 80 pounds but the surgeon advised me to that my insurance company would probably make me do several months with a chiropractor first, so might as well be doing it while you are losing and have to wait anyway. He said it won't solve the problem but the insurance will insist on it.

beloved NO WAY would I recommend NOT doing it because of the fears. It has totally transformed my life, but then I was an extreme case. They were HUGE!! And if by sewing "around the round things" you mean the nipples they don't do that unless you are extremely large. They just kind of uplift and take out stuff or whatever. I was so large they did do that but ha ha you are OUT and don't KNOW when they are doing it. They also do stitching up the middle from beneath beneath but now, after 3 years, I don't even have scars that bad. My doctor did say the surgeon did an excellent job and they looked far better than she would have dreamed considering how big I was. (Biggest reduction the surgeon had ever done lol). I had 2" holes dug in my shoulders from straps, could not find bras big enough, and the pain before was far more than I ever had from the surgery. My doctor's nurse did say that had I not been working out so much (mostly in the pool as about all I could do) and eating organic food, etc., I would not have sailed through it so easily. My nurse friend also said I did even better than she expected. So not saying it will go this smoothly for everyone but even if it was worse, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I had to wear the super lightweight cloth bra for a month or two -- nowhere near six months. I had virtually no pain at all after the surgery. Just had to be careful -- could not lift more than 5 pounds for a while and had to have someone here the first time I showered, drove, etc. There were some meds I was supposed to take, and the some they gave me if I had more severe pain, but I never needed them.

I don't remember how long but at first I rented a lift recliner and put it in my living room. Slept in that for about the first week or so partly propped up with pillows. Not sure how long before I slept on my side.

I went from having boobs that literally hung beneath my waist to a nice size for my height and build... and now if I am just running to the store or dressing to come home from the gym, etc. I don't have to bother putting on a bra. Sometimes I do it "just because I can."

I would gladly go through the surgery again a zillion times for the benefits! Sometimes I can still hardly believe it!!

Wondering if anyone else here has had the surgery? I would love to hear their input and experiences too.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:29 PM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

insurance wont pay for mine because my density isnt high enough. I probably could get insurance to pay right now, but I mostly need skin removal once I lose weight. Tissue removal isn't a large enough quantity for them to pay. And if a chiro is required to get insurance to pay, I will pay myself. I was put into shock by a chiro, never ever again.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:26 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
insurance wont pay for mine because my density isnt high enough. I probably could get insurance to pay right now, but I mostly need skin removal once I lose weight. Tissue removal isn't a large enough quantity for them to pay. And if a chiro is required to get insurance to pay, I will pay myself. I was put into shock by a chiro, never ever again.
I guess it depends on how badly you want the surgery. I was glad to do whatever I needed to do. And just because my insurance would require chiro does not mean yours would; and that is just what the surgeon said. And I ended up loving my chiro as it helped a lot in other areas.