Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-24-2015, 12:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 410/372/200

Height: 5'10"

Default My BIG mini goal

I've reached my first mini goal, which was 1 week WITHOUT fast food.

My food addiction is definitely with McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc....

It's been 9 days since I've eaten the bad stuff (have bought 2 salads, 2 grilled chicken wraps and two yogurts in those 9 days).

Much, MUCH better than the double cheeseburgers, soft tacos, fries and chicken nuggets that I love so much (and loves me too).

Here's to another week, two weeks, month without that stuff that I forcefully shovel into my body and come out feeling tired and defeated.
misstonimariex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:49 PM   #2  

Good for you! It's amazing how dependent you can get on fast food. I really missed it at first, but then I started preparing most of my food ahead of time on the weekends. Most days it would take longer to wait in line at Mickey D's then it does to walk in the door and heat something up.

Stick with it! You're doing great!
Chubabub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:03 AM   #3  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Way to go, that is still a huge one for me... I love to eat out and so does my husband. We've been trying to pick healthier things, but gosh is it ever hard some days! Thank hewvens for Pho, Sushi and steak with veggies.That is a big and amazing mini goal, you rock and keep it up! I'll keep it up too
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:33 AM   #4  
300+ Chick

Awesome!! Keep up the wonderful work!! Great job!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:55 AM   #5  

Thanks everyone! It's amazing how dependent we can become to such bad habits. I hope that this is something I can stick to for a long time!
Old 03-26-2015, 09:17 AM   #6  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

For me, once I dug into what was actually IN fast food...I felt sick just thinking about eating it. Maybe that'd be another way you can encourage yourself? By knowing what you're inflicting on yourself, you might just realize that you love yourself too much to eat that offal.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:06 AM   #7  

Absolutely MauiKai - I know that it is beyond bad for me not because of the obvious, but what is actually in it!

Yesterday I only got about 3 hours of sleep due to my child being sick, but I didn't really feel too bad. I think the change in my diet is keeping me from feeling sluggish and tired all day.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #8  

I think that is excellent. It really isn't easy to stay away from certain foods and it's true that fast food can be so convenient and cheap sometimes. I think this is definitely something to be proud of.
Jadeneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:12 PM   #9  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Nice work. And if it's any comfort, good habits become as addictive as the bad ones. So stick with the changes...and fly from there.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Ian that's a great thought. So proud of your kicking the fast food. I'm also a McDonald's addict. I went this week without it and it's been great. After you start eating well, things like french fries and chicken nuggets don't sit as well in the tummy as they used to, ya know? One of my friends makes fun saying that I have a split personality. Kira=myself ...and drive thru Kira=who I am when I end up at a drive thru despite not being hungry and sneakily eating it on the way home. I hope to get rid of drive thru Kira. You seem on your way. Keep going. You're awesome
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote