Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #1  
is chubby

Default Finally under 150!

So I was forced to go on maintenance since Summer (150 pounds) because of health issues. I gained 1-2 pounds a couple of times and lost them again during this time.

Finally today I stepped on the scale and I am 149 . I feel and look thinner than ever! My muscles start to show. I am so uber happy!!!

I feel really pumped. 6 months of waiting was worth it imo. I have a green light from my dr. to start losing my weight slowly again so I can't wait to reach 132 and be normal weight.

So if you're forced to stop losing because of sickness, babies etc etc keep your chin up! There are brighter days to come
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/156/130

Height: almost 5'2"

Hi, our stats are very similar (although I'm probably a lot older than you) -- I'm also 5'2" & have been in the 160s several times the past few years (usually during winter.) Aiming for 130lbs, started at 156 lbs a month ago & have lost about 4 1/2 pounds during the last 4 weeks. I tend to lose weight very slowly but am pleased with my progress so far.

Congrats on dropping below 150 lbs! I'm looking forward to that myself. Last year, was down to a low of 141 lbs in May before regaining weight over the next months, starting in June/July. Ironically, since moving down South (North Carolina) from the cooler Northeast, I tend to regain weight here during the summers, which are very hot & humid. I get lazier w/ my exercise & tend to hide in air conditioning! During summertime I'm usually playing singles tennis for 90 minutes at 7:30am mornings about 3 times a week, but not active otherwise.

You're in Greece? Are you originally from there or elsewhere? From the United States? Just wondering. I love Greek food but some of what is presented as Greek food in the USA is high-fat/high-calorie. Wondering what kinds of foods/meal plans you're using. Also, I'm kinda new to this website/forum & looking for a weight loss "buddy" -- if interested, let me know (via private message?)
upbeat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #3  
Getting back into it

S/C/G: 170/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Our height and weight is similar, too. Congrats on maintaining (good practice for when you hit your goal weight), and now heading down. I should weigh myself and see if I made it to under 150.

Way to go!
smarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #4  
is chubby

Thanks for replying guys
It is always great to meet people around the same weight. Weight problems are so different at different weights and heights, so it's good to talk with people who are in the same boat.
I weighed in today and am 147!!!!

I am actually half Greek- half German, but I grew up in sunny Greece. It has the climate and plants of California, or just about. I have many friends in America though.
Sadly people abandoned the ballanced mediteranean diet here for cheap and quick fast food. Once upon a time feta and olive oil/olives was pretty much the only thing with fat you ate during the day together with lots of veg and dry bread.
Now it is meat every day, fried, with sodas etc and the feta has become a side dish. If it is seen as a main course it is a good food, very ballanced in nutrients, fresh etc etc, but as a side dish it is too rich and salty. I like to eat the unsalted variations of greek fresh cheese like anthotiro. I eat it on my "vegetarian days" as protein. You see I have 3-4 days a week without meat, just because it makes me feel a bit lighter, not for ethical reasons. At the beginning of my diet I didn't eat any meat at all.
Most of my calories and weight gain came from Coca Cola actually. I drunk 3 lt a day. I gained over 6 years 26 pounds and now I lost 21 pounds in 1,5 years. So my weight loss might be "slow" in the eyes of diet fashion, but I haven't felt like going back even once, which is what is important to me.
I said to myself: "If I lose weight it is a one way street."
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 171/142/140

Height: 5'3"

Really really awesome, congratuations!

Im sitting at 151. Seems the closer you get to goal, the tougher it is to drop the pounds, I am really glad to hear that what you are doing and just want you to know successes like yours are really motivating to the rest of us!

Whoo hoo!
Jonjaxmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Congrats!!!
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #7  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

Talking