Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #1  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Fish n chips... no batter please

I love fish n chips. DH and I decided on fish n chips for tea last night, even though we ate out on Wednesday (a good friend's "welcome home" BBQ) and on Friday (our normal night for eating out).

We ordered 3 pieces of fish, 6 battered prawns (for me), 6 mussels (for him), a scoop of chips and a donut (deep friend and covered in cinnamon sugar- for my sweet tooth). I managed to not eat the batter on the fish... scrapped it all off and put some lemon juice on it. First time I ever deliberately took the batter off, and enjoyed it.

I still managed to go down on the scales this morning.

It may not sound like much, but that's 3 meals out this week and I still managed to lose 100gm this week. Better than nothing at all-- every little bit lost adds up after a while.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #2  

I agree.Congrats.Hard to give up battered fish.Its soooooooo good.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

While fried fish, chips (fries), and a doughnut are not the foods that I would recommend to people trying to establish healthy eating habits, I realize that everyone needs to do the things that work best for them. So good for you on removing the batter! Every little bit helps!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Please can I follow you around eating your batter? It's so the best bit!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote