Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #1  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Height: 5'7

Default The Miracle of Pants!

As the tortoise would say, "Slow and steady win the race"

Its such a great feeling the first time you actually drop a pants size!!! I've gone from a 14-16, to 12 :P Although my budget doesnt support shopping, I did save some of my old pants, and I do have some belts thankfully. But I dont plan on staying this size forever, or else I would buy new cloths. Ok, maybe I'll binge and get that pencil skirt I've been eyeing. So exciting! I just hope others can share in this experience too! ^_^
LunaValkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #2  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Congrats! That's awesome news! Keep going, you are doing amazingly well!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Awesome news! If nothing else, go to a nice shop and try on all the cute clothes in your new size! You see how great you look without spending a dime!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #4  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Yes!! Exactly Thighs_Be_Gone... and I couldnt agree with your name more. thats where 80% of my weight sits. Actually, my sister inlaw and I used to go shopping and we would pick out cloths for eachother , and then try them on and take pics with our camera phones...sounds like its time for an other round I'll post em if I do!
LunaValkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Congratulations! I love it when I can take some of my thinner clothes out of storage (haven't been able to do *that* for a while because of a bump in the road around Xmas).

Have you considered shopping at thrift and consignment stores? There are some awesome bargains to be had!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Congrats, what a good feeling!
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 199.8/181.6/145

Height: 5'3"

That is so awesome... I am still in a 216 and tried a coupla 14's I have still in my wardrobe...and no can do. I think I have it figured out.. At 185 ~ size 16, At 165 ~ size 14 and at 145 ~ size 12, then at 125, size 10. I will be happy with a 12.. for sure...

CAT
Cee8ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #8  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

I'm pulling old stuff off the shelves that have been goals to fit into and they're loose! It's a GREAT feeling...but unfortunately, I have no money right now so I'm wearing extra loose clothes every day and I feel frumpy - I want to show off this waist that I'm getting!

I started out in size 22's and am in 18 right now but most of my work clothes are 20's. I wish I had the money to buy new stuff but by the time I get some basics, in a few months those will be too small. So I think it will be worth being frumpy for a few months until I really need to invest in some summer clothes.

I try to buy a-line dresses that I wear with cardigans and tights, and then I can wear w/o tights or cardigans as the weather gets warmer. They'll get looser, but at least I don't have to worry about them falling off. I could even start wearing them with belts.
Girlie is offline   Reply With Quote