Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-10-2009, 10:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Bye Bye Hip pain!!

For the last year and a half I have suffered from some really bad hip pain. When it first started there were days when I could barely move. Days when my brand new DH had to dress me. At the tender age of 21, I felt as if I was 70 at times.
My DR thought it was some form of Rheumatoid Arthritis. I thought that it would only get worse from there...

The last 6 months, I've been taking pain medicine before bed in order to sleep through the night. In the morning I would take Ibeuprofen to get me moving. I hated it!

About a month ago I decided to try to get to my original goal of 140lbs. I started doing the Weight Watcher program from home. With the support here I have been doing well. So far I have lost 5lbs, going on 6!

I only started out eating healthy. I really had no motivation to exercise, especially with my hips! About 2 weeks ago DH and I decided to get ourselves the Wii. A few days later DH found me a wii fit off Craigslist. Since then I have been using that 6 days a week. I started focusing on strengthening my core and lower body, especially my hips! I just got the Wii Fitness Coach for a harder cardio workout.

I am excited to say that since I have been using the fit, I no longer need pain medicine before bed. In fact, lately, before bed I have no hip pain! I am sleeping through the night. In the morning when I wake up, my hips are a little stiff, however once I start moving, especially when I exercise in the morning right after wakeup, I'm good to go for the rest of the day!!

I am finally starting to feel like a 22 year old! I am very excited! I told DH that if the only thing the fit did was get rid of my hip pain, it was worth it! I am so grateful that I started trying to lose weight again in the first place and that I started to exercise. I never thought it would get rid of this pain!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #2  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

That's awesome that your hip pain is fading away. I'm also 22 and I have issues with my back to the point where it wakes me up all night. I just bought a wii fit and I'm starting to think that my posture has something to do with it. I tend to stand with all my weight on my right leg when I'm standing still (which I do at work all day). I hoping that the strength exercises on wii fit will help me to learn to distribute my weight evenly, eventually leading to no back pain. We shall see how it goes.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #3  
Breakfast Fiend

S/C/G: 164/154/140

That's awesome! And just think... things will keep getting better and better
ashliebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Thanks guys! I'm super excited about this! I really hope that with time I won't have hip pain anymore.. We'll see though!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote